Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms...

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms... - Page 3 Empty Re: Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms...

Post  Anti Federalist Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:26 pm

Achigan wrote:I'm not a gun guy and proved it when I said "clip".

I am thinking about getting a Glock handgun sometime.  I had a Ruger security six handgun about 30 years ago but only shot it about five times.

Well, then, there's no need to be snarky with someone, like me, who is, amirite?

That said, stay away from the Glock.

If you are not an active shooter and don't train with the Glock on a regular basis, it'll be worthless to you in an emergency.

Stick with the revolvers, nothing wrong with a good Security Six or an L frame Smith and Wesson.

In fact, my main carry firearm is a Taurus Model 85 with a Crimson Trace laser sight..

Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms... - Page 3 Ctcr
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms... - Page 3 Empty Re: Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms...

Post  Anti Federalist Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:27 pm

News Hawk wrote:

I dunno.

scratch 

There are many identical copies sold under a variety of names—like "Erjecito Argentino"...

Well, let's assume that's photo of an original.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:30 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:
Achigan wrote:I'm not a gun guy and proved it when I said "clip".

I am thinking about getting a Glock handgun sometime.  I had a Ruger security six handgun about 30 years ago but only shot it about five times.

Well, then, there's no need to be snarky with someone, like me, who is, amirite?

That said, stay away from the Glock.

If you are not an active shooter and don't train with the Glock on a regular basis, it'll be worthless to you in an emergency.

Stick with the revolvers, nothing wrong with a good Security Six or an L frame Smith and Wesson.

In fact, my main carry firearm is a Taurus Model 85 with a Crimson Trace laser sight..

Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms... - Page 3 Ctcr

Sorry Anti, sometimes I do get "snarky".

I'll look up the Taurus Model 85. Thanks for the suggestion.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:26 am

Anti Federalist wrote:No googling Achigan, what is this firearm and a brief history of it?

Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms... - Page 3 M1911_Pistol_US

Any gun guy could tell you that without looking anything up.

Reminds me of a Sig Sauer, but I believe the Sigs had their logo imprinted in the handle grips. What's the caliber, 380?
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:37 am

NB you don't want to discuss it any more? Because you were wrong yet you were telling me I was wrong. Why don't you stop being so condescending because NOBODY is always right?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:50 am

WHL wrote:NB you don't want to discuss it any more?  Because you were wrong yet you were telling me I was wrong.  Why don't you stop being so condescending because NOBODY is always right?

I was having what I thought was an even keeled discussion with anti-federalist until you butt your nose in, and you frequently don't know what you're talking about. I'm not discussing this topic with you anymore.

I hope I'm taking some heat off your husband by arguing with you. I feel sorry for the poor guy!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:27 am

News Buzzard wrote:
Reminds me of a Sig Sauer, but I believe the Sigs had their logo imprinted in the handle grips. What's the caliber, 380?

The caliber could be 45-Auto, 38-Auto or 38-Super.

Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms... - Page 3 Cartridge%20size%20comparison%20-%20AA%20battery,%2044%20Magnum,%20357%20Magnum,%2038%20Special,%2045%20ACP,%2038%20Super,%209%20mm%20Luger,%2032%20ACP,%2022%20LR

(4th, fifth, from the right).

SIG (all caps) is quite different, and SIG-Sauer isn't even close.

Try to stick to subjects with which you have a nodding acquaintance!

No

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:51 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
Anti Federalist wrote:No googling Achigan, what is this firearm and a brief history of it?

Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms... - Page 3 M1911_Pistol_US

Any gun guy could tell you that without looking anything up.

What they did is put a 9mm in the picture, for comparison.

The round on the left is .45 ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol)

The weapon is a Colt Model 1911 .45, which was the standard service sidearm of the US armed forces from...now that I'd have to google to get the exact dates, but it was in service from before WWII until the 1980s, when it was replaced by the Beretta M9 - 9mm.

Highly regarded as a reliable and accurate shooting platform with excellent "stopping power", millions of these are in "civilian" service.

Here's a highly customized Les Baer model, built for competition shooting.

Countries with 100% Banning of Firearms... - Page 3 Baer6RS
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:02 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:"...What they did is put a 9mm 9mm-Parabellum cartridge in the picture, for comparison.

The round on the left is .45 ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol)..."
The 9mm-Parabellum cartridge is more commonly known—in the Western Hemisphere—as 9mm Luger.

ACP stands for  Automatic Colt Pistol, but that was Colt's name back in 1911, when Browning designed this handgun. The caliber itself is more commonly known today as 45-Auto.

study 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:18 pm

WHL wrote:OH?   I seem to remember David Gregory getting in trouble because he had a gun on the tv set in DC.

He MAY have had a gun on the set, but it was the magazine that was illegal to possess!

No 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:39 pm

News Hawk wrote:Try to stick to subjects with which you have a nodding acquaintance!

No

I put a couple of thousand rounds through a SIG-Sauer 9MM and was classified an expert. I think I have a nodding acquaintance!

(moron)
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3