Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bette Has A Different Story In Mrs Rodgers Neighborhood

4 posters

Go down

Bette Has A Different Story In Mrs Rodgers Neighborhood Empty Bette Has A Different Story In Mrs Rodgers Neighborhood

Post  News Buzzard Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:32 pm

It's hard to believe that a Republican leader in the House would come up with such a flimsy story in another cheesy attack on Obamacare. The Republicans are a desperate bunch!

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-bette-20140130,0,1703947.story#axzz2s0ebIW91
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Bette Has A Different Story In Mrs Rodgers Neighborhood Empty Re: Bette Has A Different Story In Mrs Rodgers Neighborhood

Post  Achigan Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:45 pm

News Buzzard wrote:It's hard to believe that a Republican leader in the House would come up with such a flimsy story in another cheesy attack on Obamacare. The Republicans are a desperate bunch!

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-bette-20140130,0,1703947.story#axzz2s0ebIW91

The republicans on this forum are just the same as the GOP "Bette".  They hate President Obama so badly that they have lost touch with reality.

This has got to really hurt the GOP and Cathy McMorris Rodgers in particular.

What a shame that the GOP scoundrels are such fairy tale story tellers and liars.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Bette Has A Different Story In Mrs Rodgers Neighborhood Empty Re: Bette Has A Different Story In Mrs Rodgers Neighborhood

Post  Achigan Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:54 pm

This is all they want to do!!

Bette Has A Different Story In Mrs Rodgers Neighborhood BagleP20121011_low
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:14 pm

I hate to tell you who has lost touch with reality and it's not us.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:58 pm

Ah, me thinks someone didn't do their homework.

But the “nearly $700 per month” increase in her premium that McMorris Rodgers cited in Tuesday night’s GOP response to the State of the Union address was based on one of the pricier options, a $1,200-a-month replacement plan that was pitched by Asuris Northwest to Grenier and her husband, Don.

The carrier also offered a less expensive, $1,052-per-month option in lieu of their soon-to-be-discontinued catastrophic coverage plan. And, Grenier acknowledged the couple probably could have shaved another $100 a month off the replacement policy costs by purchasing them from the state’s online portal, the Health Plan Finder website, but they chose to avoid the government health exchanges.

“I wouldn’t go on that Obama website at all,” said Grenier, 58, who lives in the Chattaroy area and owns a roofing company with her husband. “We liked our old plan. It worked for us, but they can’t offer it anymore.”

The point is, they were happy with their old plan. Which, from the article, we can conclude was about $500 a month. (the $1200 plan minus the "$700 increase" they mention). So rather than the $1200 plan, they went with the $1052 plan, a $550+ a month increase...or more than twice the cost of their old plan that they actually liked. Obamacare really took great care of them...if soaking another $6,600 a year from their pockets is "taking care" of them.

I'm surprised they aren't blaming Bush and Republicans for the Affordable Care Act.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:06 pm

If they had chosen to apply for coverage under Obamacare the price may have been much cheaper, like their friend who was paying $129 a month. It's pretty pathetic if that's all Mrs Rodgers could come up with in a national speech!!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:31 pm

This is what the article said:

"Grenier said she had flatly refused to even investigate her options on the exchange. "I wouldn’t go on that Obama website at all,” she said. “We liked our old plan. It worked for us, but they can’t offer it anymore.”

Instead, she and her husband "have decided to go without coverage," the newspaper reported."

To have that much hate for President Obama is insane.  It's not the Obama website anyway, it on the  https://www.healthcare.gov/ website.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:46 pm

What gets me is Rodgers accepting the fact that this family is going to live without health insurance. Any responsible member of Congress would encourage folks to get decent, not catastrophic, insurance, and in this case it would be through the exchange. Rodgers knows what will happen to this family if one of them gets sick. Do you think she gives a crap if they go bankrupt?
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:00 pm

I agree with you NB...  Rodgers should be thrown out of the House for not following up on what "Grenier" did.

What is wrong with these GOP deadheads anyway.  Christie, and now Rodgers.

When I listened to Rodgers speech after the SOTU address I knew that she spent too much time patting herself on he back instead of telling the American people what the GOP had for plans to make America better.  It's all me me me me...
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down