Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The not so false IRS scandal.

4 posters

Go down

The not so false IRS scandal. Empty The not so false IRS scandal.

Post  Outerlimits Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:03 pm

Lerner, Treasury Emails Expose Latest Obama Administration Lie about IRS Targeting

Today’s revelation that Lois Lerner and Treasury Department officials were conspiring off the record to initiate new regulations to restrict the free speech rights of conservative Americans exposes yet another lie of the Obama Administration.
Newly released emails show that Treasury Department officials, high-ranking IRS attorneys in the Tax Exempt and Government Organizations Division, and Lois Lerner, the IRS official at the center of the IRS targeting scandal, were planning regulations off the record to further restrict conservative groups while the IRS was systematically targeting conservative and Tea Party organizations.

http://aclj.org/free-speech-2/lerner-treasury-emails-expose-latest-obama-administration-lie-irs-targeting
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

The not so false IRS scandal. Empty Re: The not so false IRS scandal.

Post  News Buzzard Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:37 pm

The FOX News version of this story just says that they had been tightening the rules on non-profits for political reasons, and doesn't single out which groups. I'll wait to see how this story really shakes out before I buy it. It looks like more smoke from the Right! My thinking is the IRS should take away non-profit status from all organizations that are strictly political and not providing some sort of social welfare.

This could be all about nothing. (again)
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:06 pm

What proof are you looking for?

The IG released the statistics. 30% of liberal groups were flagged under established practices and scrutinized. 100% of conservative groups were flagged and scrutinized because the unofficial rules targeted conservatives.

The IRS admitted guilt.

The IG confirmed targeting.  

Lois Lerner pleaded the fifth.  

The emails prove the targeting. (and Lois Lerner's involvement)

Obama claims there wasn’t a "smidgeon" of corruption at the IRS.  Obama has lied AGAIN.  Shocked 

News Buzzard wrote:...My thinking is the IRS should take away non-profit status from all organizations that are strictly political and not providing some sort of social welfare.

While I don’t necessarily disagree with this statement, at the time the targeting took place, it was (and still is) against federal law.  All American’s are entitled to equal protection under the law.  The IG confirmed the scrutiny was not equal.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:21 pm

The only thing I see going on is our "government protecting democracy from abusive secretive groups backed by "dark money" from fat cat donors".

This tax exempt status has got to go. Goodbye...see yah later...despedida...get lost!!!

I'm glad that this administration is exposing the real problem with these do nothing for society scumbags. President Obama is taking some heat over this but he is getting the job done.

Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:44 pm

Achigan wrote:I'm glad that this administration is exposing the real problem with these do nothing for society scumbags.  President Obama is taking some heat over this but he is getting the job done.

You are glad are ya?

House Ways and Means Chairman Dave Camp blew up your little fairy tale at Wednesday's hearing.

Camp unveiled a June 14, 2012 email from Treasury career attorney Ruth Madrigal to key IRS officials in the tax-exempt department, including former director Lois Lerner.

The email cites a blog post about the political activity of tax-exempt 501(c)(4) groups and reads:

"Don't know who in your organizations is keeping tabs on c4s, but since we mentioned potentially addressing them (off-plan) in 2013, I've got my radar up and this seemed interesting."

The IRS puts out a public schedule of coming regulations, and Camp noted that in this case "off-plan" means "hidden from the public."

He added that committee interviews with IRS officials have found that the new 2013 rules were in the works as early as 2011, meaning the Administration has "fabricated the rationale" for this new regulation.

Obama must be buying an awful lot of rugs in which to sweep all this corruption under.  Keep cheering  Laughing
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:01 pm

Oh they will, Outer, trust me , they will. Keep cheering for Obama that is. Not matter what, they will keep cheering for Obama.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:44 pm

WHL wrote:Oh they will, Outer, trust me , they will.  Keep cheering for Obama that is.  Not matter what, they will keep cheering for Obama.

You've been trying to get rid of him for 5 years. How is that working out for you?
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down