Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everyone's Boat Ready?

4 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Everyone's Boat Ready? Empty Everyone's Boat Ready?

Post  sumrluvr Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:19 pm

I know I know it is only March but I already can't wait. (other than to fill the tank!)

Last year my boating season ended abruptly after having an issue with my gas tank. 7 months later she is back together and better then ever. While the boat was basically in pieces and the engine was out I took the opportunity to upgrade many items. Had a few things that didn't work or were on their way out as well as wanted to upgrade some older style items.

So I am rather excited. Plus since I can't stand the cold I am ready for all this white stuff to be GONE!

Anyone else ready for summer yet?
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Everyone's Boat Ready? Empty Re: Everyone's Boat Ready?

Post  fshnski Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:07 pm

It''ll only take me a day to get her spiffed up and ready to roll.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:37 pm

I wish.. Usually she gets put away near to perfect so that all I have to do is dust and add one coat of wax.

I just picked her up last week. After 7 months in a mechanics shop, cutting the gas tank out, and people in an out I have never seen her look so terrible. It will be a minimum of 40 hours to get her back to where she was.

First time ever I have reached out to a professional detailer to see what they will charge me. I hope they can get it back to say 80% of what I could do and then I can take care of the extra 20%. I actually very much enjoy doing it however just getting the time now is the difficult part.

Having two young kids and a house on the market will do that to you.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:46 pm

OH sumr, I feel so sorry for you. I hope that is the LAST problem you have with that boat. I know she is your baby! I saw the pics you posted and you had her so shiny!! Do you have a good detailer in mind?

I can't wait to get the boats in either. Boating is one of my most favorite things to do. I am totally happy when I am in a boat. Ours are going to be in by the 17th of May. I think it is late but we really don't use them that much before that. If we get a really nice warm day in early May though, it will kill me not to have a boat in.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:12 am

Thank you... It is a boat so I know better than to say it will be my last problem.... I am a realist. However, I will hope that it is my last MAJOR issue! Frankly everything has been replaced so any issues here on should not be catastrophic. (fingers crossed)

A friend of mine owns Diamond Shine Boat Detailing so I will most likely bring it to him. I still have trouble paying somone for something I enjoy doing as well as something I am very good at but again it is a timing issue. My house hit the market yesterday and already have people calling so who knows it may go very fast and I will have plenty of time!

One up side is I now have some extra parts from the upgrades this year. I have a set of Gibson clamp on mufflers in prestine condition that I may list on a few boating sites and a labbed HP Prop that if I sell could pay for the detailing so that may offset. Will see and let you know.

Either way I hope to have the boat on the lake early May to test her out. Maybe spin by your area to say hello!
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:41 am

Well, I hope you don't have any more MAJOR problems!!

Good luck with the house sale.

Is the detailer in the Lakes Region?

I would love to have you spin by to say hello. Last year you were going to take me for a ride to show me where everyone lived, but we never did that!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:46 am

Thank You..

Yes Diamond Shine is over by Laconia Airport.

Still would like to take you for a ride. It will all depend on moving dates. Our house has been on the market for less than 24 hours and we have 3 requested viewings! So if it goes quickly I will not be on the lake nearly as much as planned (at least this year). But I promise whether my boat or another we will get together for a ride.

sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:34 am

Well, you could always come to our house and have a ride with us too if your boat isn't in! Is your boat moving with you or are you leaving it in NH?

WOW, 3 showings already!!!!???
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:28 pm

I am leaving NH. The boating season is way too short and restrictive here. :-)

Uprooting my young family to Ft. Myers Florida year round. However I will be back for the summers so I will still be around to keep APS / MOT whatever he goes by on his toes. :-)

Oooops make that 4 showings now... Either the market is heating up or I underpriced it...
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:34 pm

I like the challenges of boating in the three seasons.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:48 pm

Unfortunately for me there is nothing the lake can throw at me to make it challenging. However there is no where in the world with such beautiful scenic vistas. I grew up on the lake and it will always be a part of me.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:04 pm

So your boat is going to Ft. Myers?

I think you must have priced it too low to have that many showings in ONE day!!!!!!! You must REALLY want to move. Do you have a house there yet?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:13 pm

The boat is going yes. However I may tow it back for the summers. It all depends on how long I plan on staying. This year with moving and getting settled probably not at all.

We do not have a house. We are going to rent for 6 mo - 1 year. We have been going a half dozen times a year and searching communities. We have shortlisted a few gated communities and plan on renting inside one to get a feel for it and make sure it is indeed what we like. Also it would give us time to do a short sale.

Luckily I have family in the area that are snow birds so I have access to their home as well. I will be fine.... Always am. Very Happy
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:22 pm

sumrluvr wrote:Unfortunately for me there is nothing the lake can throw at me to make it challenging.

Try the challenges of a small boat.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:24 pm

Yes I have done that too.. Definately is more challenging on wind advisory days but it then is not so much a challenge but dangerous. I'll stick to my boat. Very Happy
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:33 pm

In a small boat you can feel the lake wake up. It might be a surface ripple that seems to grow closer. Or all of a sudden you notice a stirring of the tree tops. For the small boater these are signs to be aware and follow your plan.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:38 pm

sumrluvr wrote:Oooops make that 4 showings now... Either the market is heating up or I underpriced it...

I'd say you underpriced it. I'd immediately take the home "off the market"—NOT "after lunch". You can't raise your price when under contract! No

I don't know if the "three-day rule" applies to sellers in real estate.

scratch
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:42 pm

Well it is already plastered on the MLS and about to hit the papers / craigslist. If it makes for a fast sale I will be happy.. I just know I don't have to negotiate.

Thanks!
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:44 pm

fshnski wrote:In a small boat you can feel the lake wake up. It might be a surface ripple that seems to grow closer. Or all of a sudden you notice a stirring of the tree tops. For the small boater these are signs to be aware and follow your plan.

Absolutely.. I have had many different boats of all makes, models and sizes. The lake can be unforgiving if you get caught in a wind storm or worse yet a micro burst. Been through them all.

That is why I like the safety of my boat and am able to outrun most weather issues. However since I don't like my boat getting wet (yup I said it) I normally never have to worry about that. If there is a chance of showers, she remains covered or out of the water all together.. LOL
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:48 pm

That is a really good idea to rent first and see where you want to be! Nothing like buying a house and then finding out it is not really where you want to be.

Do you have a job waiting for you in Ft Myers?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:36 am

WHL wrote:That is a really good idea to rent first and see where you want to be! Nothing like buying a house and then finding out it is not really where you want to be.
Arrow You got that right! Twisted Evil

Cool

I thought I wanted a home on a Florida canal with quick access to the ocean, so I rented one for a month. At $1750 a week, it was extremely expensive. Surprised I rationalized the expense by inviting many former neighbors to share in the ambiance.

drunken

However, the canal-front location—while seemingly ideal—taught me many valuable lessons Shocked and after the rental was up, found a non-waterfront place (ocean view) just a ΒΌ-mile away, that I'm delighted with.

Very Happy

As for microbursts, I think it's funny that Winnipesaukee residents argue the height of storm waves.

Six-feet...eight feet?

confused

The two worst wind events I've seen on Lake Winnipesaukee were so violent that the surface was whipped into a white froth—with no visible waves—whatsoever!

affraid

In a 2011 microburst, I was knee-deep in the lake—almost ashore—and had trouble keeping my feet under me!

Suspect
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:24 am

WHL wrote:That is a really good idea to rent first and see where you want to be! Nothing like buying a house and then finding out it is not really where you want to be.

Do you have a job waiting for you in Ft Myers?

Thank you.. While the housing market in my area seems to be very hot it is not that way in Ft. Myers. It is picking up but they have much much more inventory. So if we did buy a home and not like it we would be stuck or lose all of our equity.

The career I have is portable. I simply need a phone and a lap top. So luckily for me I can do it from anywhere. So while the kids are young now is the time to make the change so not to disrupt them.

One showing yesterday and one pop in. 2 today and more scheduled for Thursday / Friday. This all before our open house on Sunday! Fingers crossed we have an offer soon.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:06 am

Yep, I heard Ft. Myers was one of the worst places for the housing crisis. You are smart to do what you are doing. We have friends who live there.

You are lucky you can work from anywhere!

Good luck on a quick offer!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:41 am

First schedule viewing yesterday resulted in an offer.... stay posted! (it was low however)
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:53 pm

Wow, that is amazing!!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next