Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food Coop coming to Wolfeboro

Go down

Food Coop coming to Wolfeboro Empty Food Coop coming to Wolfeboro

Post  WHL on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:17 pm

This was from the Winni forum. I haven't heard about it. I didn't copy it all.

The Concord Food Co-op began more than 40 years ago as a community buying club out of a garage.
Today, the company records about $7 million annually in sales and operates stores in Concord and New London. Yesterday, the board of directors announced the late spring opening of a third store in Wolfeboro. As people literally buy into the business, Marketing Manager Greg Lessard said more members and a new store are a sign that this structure of collective ownership has worked.
“I think the ability of the co-op to be expanding, especially in this economy, is a real tribute to the co-op model,” Lessard said.
Judy Leoni of Weare became a member of the co-op when it opened in a tiny storefront on Concord’s South Main Street in the 1990s, a little corner in the back of the building it now owns and occupies entirely. “I’m not sure what I was expecting,” said Leoni, 65.
But now she does almost all of her shopping at the co-op, making frequent trips for fruits and vegetables. Yesterday, she stood in the produce section of the 2,000-square-foot store, holding a yam in one hand.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Food Coop coming to Wolfeboro Empty Re: Food Coop coming to Wolfeboro

Post  Achigan on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:31 pm

It doesn't excite me very much.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:39 pm

No?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:47 pm

No!
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:16 pm

WHL wrote:This was from the Winni forum.  I haven't heard about it.  I didn't copy it all.

The Concord Food Co-op began more than 40 years ago as a community buying club out of a garage.
Today, the company records about $7 million annually in sales and operates stores in Concord and New London. Yesterday, the board of directors announced the late spring opening of a third store in Wolfeboro. As people literally buy into the business, Marketing Manager Greg Lessard said more members and a new store are a sign that this structure of collective ownership has worked.
“I think the ability of the co-op to be expanding, especially in this economy, is a real tribute to the co-op model,” Lessard said.
Judy Leoni of Weare became a member of the co-op when it opened in a tiny storefront on Concord’s South Main Street in the 1990s, a little corner in the back of the building it now owns and occupies entirely. “I’m not sure what I was expecting,” said Leoni, 65.
But now she does almost all of her shopping at the co-op, making frequent trips for fruits and vegetables. Yesterday, she stood in the produce section of the 2,000-square-foot store, holding a yam in one hand.

Any idea where they are to locate?

"Wolfeboro" doesn't mean "downtown".

Not excited?

I yam.

What a Face

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:41 pm

I think I know where it's going...

"And while the co-op business model is new to Wolfeboro, pastry chef Donna Love is not. Love and her husband operated a restaurant and pastry shop in the lakeside town before she joined the co-op in 2009. She will stay in the Concord kitchen, but her baked goods will be sold in the Wolfeboro co-op near her old haunt."

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:46 am

I think it is going next to the Nordic Skiier, where the old natural food store used to be.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum