Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Attacks...

2 posters

Go down

Pit Bull Attacks... Empty Pit Bull Attacks...

Post  News Hawk Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:12 am

A Pit Bull owned by her boyfriend.

Rolling Eyes

I have a "working" theory about Pit Bulls.

Their jaws are better for chomping than, say the longer, skinnier jaws of other dogs—but what sets them off?

scratch

Dogs, I've discovered, have kidney stones just like humans. When any dog is in pain from an injury, they will bite—and a kidney stone attack is painful, indeed.

Shocked

Keeping an ample amount of water available for the dog is a necessity to prevent kidney stones.

IMHO, most of these Pit Bull owners don't qualify as responsible owners who would maintain a permanent water supply for their Pit Bull.

Evil or Very Mad
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Pit Bull Attacks... Empty Re: Pit Bull Attacks...

Post  WHL Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:23 am

So are you saying the reason so many pit bulls bite is that they have kidney stones?????
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:16 pm

WHL wrote:So are you saying the reason so many pit bulls bite is that they have kidney stones?????
I suspect that all water-deprived dogs can develop kidney stones, and all dogs will bite when greatly stressed. In their normal pack environment, they bite their own kind to "communicate", but fatal biting is very rare.

My theory is the combination of neglect, kidney stones, kidney stone pain, jaws selectively bred for clamping very well—in a breed known for abusive treatment and human intervention into selections for viciousness—has contributed to this breed's bad reputation. It will take many generations of permanently removing the worst examples to evolve this breed to model behaviors.

Since a dog can't tell you he's got a stone painfully lodged in his ureter, owners should keep Pit Bulls—especially—from developing this most-painful of ailments.

Give them plenty of water. Like some fatal human diseases, the solution is simple and easy.

Neutral

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:22 am

i guess it is possible. Or it could be some other kind of pain.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:07 am

I had to look it up:

Generally speaking dogs that are hurting
• usually appear less alert and quieter than normal
• may hide to avoid being with other animals or people
• may have stiff body movements and show an unwillingness to move
• a dog in severe pain might lie still or assume an abnormal posture to reduce its discomfort
• in less severe pain, dogs can appear restless and more alert and may start pacing around
• a dog that is in pain will show signs of stress, which include◦ panting
◦ shallow breathing
◦ shivering
◦ the pupils of their eyes may be larger than usual

• a good sign that there is something wrong is when your dog stops eating normally

Contrary to what you might expect dogs will not show increased barking when they are in pain; however they are more likely to whimper or howl, especially if they are left alone.

A dog who is in pain may engage in unexpected growling if someone approaches, and it may appear to be more aggressive. Part of this might simply be the result of attempts to guard or protect the parts of their body which hurt.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/canine-corner/201109/do-dogs-feel-pain-the-same-way-humans-do

Dogs will hide their pain, so as to appear aloof to their pack members, but they also have areas that aren't affected by pain.

Once, while I held my dog, my vet used a scapel to remove a cyst from under the skin of my Dachshund's neck—and used no anesthesia!

Suspect
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down