Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paycheck Fairness Act Blocked Again By Senate GOP

2 posters

Go down

Paycheck Fairness Act Blocked Again By Senate GOP Empty Paycheck Fairness Act Blocked Again By Senate GOP

Post  Outerlimits Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:33 pm

Senate Republicans on Monday blocked for the fourth time a bill that would strengthen federal equal pay laws for women.
The Paycheck Fairness Act would ban employers from retaliating against employees who share salary information with each other, impose harsher penalties for pay discrimination and require employers to be able to show that wage gaps between men and women are based on factors other than gender.
The bill needed 60 votes to overcome a Republican filibuster and advance to a final vote on passage, but it fell short Monday by a vote of 52 to 40. Senate Democrats have brought the bill to the floor four times since 2011, and each time Republicans have rejected it.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/15/paycheck-fairness-act_n_5825644.html

Another excellent use of the filibuster by Republicans to stop Democrat nonsense.

Democrats should have named this bill  "The Bill so bad that when the GOP votes against it, we can tell voters that the Republicans hate women.”  They know they are going to lose the Senate in November so they have to start paving the way for Hillary in 2016.

The Paycheck Fairness Act would ban employers from retaliating against employees who share salary information with each other.
Government overreach

Businesses have been stifled enough by government.  This would not help at all with job creation.

The Paycheck Fairness Act would impose harsher penalties for pay discrimination.

We have harsh civil penalties for this, lets’ enforce the laws we have.

The Paycheck Fairness would require employers to be able to show that wage gaps between men and women are based on factors other than gender

Great...I bet all the lawyers just love this.  

More government bureaucracy and greater burden on employers with more regulations.  So basically a business might have to justify every single instance where a man makes more than a woman.  Let's make businesses spend a few hundred million more for our feel good legislation.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Paycheck Fairness Act Blocked Again By Senate GOP Empty Re: Paycheck Fairness Act Blocked Again By Senate GOP

Post  WHL Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:14 pm

Wait a minute. I just had to post this and believe me trying to find something to post wasn't easy. Did the state just pass this law? I think so.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down