Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The wisdom of Mike Mansfield

+2
News Buzzard
obervantone
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The wisdom of Mike Mansfield - Page 2 Empty Re: The wisdom of Mike Mansfield

Post  obervantone Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:34 pm

And this includes MSNBC and Fox:
http://news.yahoo.com/pew-study-2012-campaign-coverage-overwhelmingly-negative-both-194625729--politics.html
Supporters of President Obama or Mitt Romney who complain that the media is hard on their candidate are correct, according to a new study by the Pew Research Center.

Both Obama and Romney received overwhelmingly negative treatment in the press over the general election, according to Pew. From Aug. 27 to Oct. 21, a period that encompassed both conventions and three out of four debates, just 19 percent of stories about Obama were "favorable" in tone versus 30 percent that were "unfavorable. For Romney the ratio was 15 percent favorable to 38 percent unfavorable.
I love it when I get calls from both conservatives and liberals telling me that I am biased in my reporting. That tells me that I am being balanced!
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:40 pm

The true barometer is not how many times a channel bashes Obama, but rather it is about factual reporting. FOX News is Fact Free!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:20 pm

As usual you see it your way and I see it mine and never the twain shall meet.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:31 pm

Here is just one example of many FOX Follies:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/10/02/fox-tries-to-rehab-george-w-bushs-legacy-by-fal/200999

It was Bush who signed the Status of Forces agreement, not Obama, and Bush's prediction in 2007 (about al Qaeda, not ISIS) was before he signed the agreement to withdraw all troops by the end of 2011. So FOX twists the story to blame Obama. (as usual)
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:38 pm

Bottom line. Anyone who relies on ONE source of information is not going to be adequately informed about anything.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:10 pm

I agree. Fox is not the only news I listen to by any means.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:31 pm

obervantone wrote:And I say to you that if The President had taken exactly the course of action that your Fox "news" report is demanding, that Fox News and conservatives would be screaming that the President is overstepping his authority and instituting what amounts to martial law and should be impeached.  
It is needed—actually, Conservatives would say that the primary job of Government is to protect Americans.

I would see the correct course of action taken by Obama as a "saving grace" to his many transgressions of representative government during his Presidency.

obervantone wrote: So here is where I use a word that I have not used so far in the debate with the party of NO.....racism.  Beginning with the Birthers.  John McCain was not born in the US, neither was Mitt Romney, but I have not seen Birther movements concerning either of them.
Very much off the subject—and wrong with regard to the Constitution!

So poorly worded are those charges that I'm not going ask if you got that off the Internet!

Evil or Very Mad

obervantone wrote:This country has to come back to debate on all levels, not hate mongering on radio and misinformation on TV.  Question a person's judgment on issues, do not fabricate "truths" and make things personal. Unless we get back to that, Democracy is in trouble.
This Democratic Republic has been in deep trouble since Obama's election. What you're calling "hate-mongering" are news sources discovered under the radar, and read over the radio. It includes personal opinions that Democrats recently tried to squelch!

Obama has a gang of "Czars" in Washington who contribute daily to this criminal administration. They and the Democratic Party are in collusion to destroy this country in the name of "Progress".

(Beginning with the number-one reason that the US government was formed).

No

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

The wisdom of Mike Mansfield - Page 2 Empty AIDS, HIV, Ebola...

Post  News Hawk Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:50 pm

Anthony Fauci (NIH) and Surgeon General Koop brought us AIDS. There was a brief interval when the first cases known in the gay community could have been contained, and some sex clubs closed down. These two just watched while AIDS became the pandemic it still is. We could have contained AIDS—but the Politically Correct national media stalled the reporting until "too many" died to ignore.  

Fauci is still head of the NIH: is Fauci telling us the truth today about Ebola?

pale

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:28 pm

No, they are all lying Rolling Eyes
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:52 am

obervantone wrote:No, they are all lying Rolling Eyes

When do you suppose you'll see statement (from a German newspaper) on American TV?

'In 1976 I discovered Ebola - now I fear an unimaginable tragedy'

Peter Piot was a researcher at a lab in Antwerp when a pilot brought him a blood sample from a Belgian nun who had fallen mysteriously ill in Zaire.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/04/ebola-zaire-peter-piot-outbreak

scratch

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:07 am

News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:29 am

News Buzzard wrote:Here is a perfect example of the FOX narrative against Obama:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/09/30/conservative-media-blames-rise-of-islamic-state/200949

They do it all the time and their reports are frequently fact free, just like this one was.

Former Defense Secretary and CIA director Leon Panetta confirms precisely what FOX News reported.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:37 am

And the New York Times narrative, too?

The wisdom of Mike Mansfield - Page 2 Fullsc11

scratch

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:46 am

Outerlimits wrote:
News Buzzard wrote:Here is a perfect example of the FOX narrative against Obama:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/09/30/conservative-media-blames-rise-of-islamic-state/200949

They do it all the time and their reports are frequently fact free, just like this one was.

Former Defense Secretary and CIA director Leon Panetta confirms precisely what FOX News reported.

Panetta is selling a book! Rolling Eyes
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:40 am

News Hawk:
When do you suppose you'll see statement (from a German newspaper) on American TV?

'In 1976 I discovered Ebola - now I fear an unimaginable tragedy'

Peter Piot was a researcher at a lab in Antwerp when a pilot brought him a blood sample from a Belgian nun who had fallen mysteriously ill in Zaire.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/04/ebola-zaire-peter-piot-outbreak

So he discovered Ebola in 1976, tested it without safety equipment or without wearing protective hazardous/infectious material suits....and he's not dead?  
These days, Ebola may only be researched in high-security laboratories. How did you protect yourself back then?

We had no idea how dangerous the virus was. And there were no high-security labs in Belgium. We just wore our white lab coats and protective gloves. When we opened the Thermos, the ice inside had largely melted and one of the vials had broken. Blood and glass shards were floating in the ice water. We fished the other, intact, test tube out of the slop and began examining the blood for pathogens, using the methods that were standard at the time.

But you apparently managed to avoid becoming infected.

Well, at some point I did actually develop a high fever, a headache and diarrhea …
Fever, headache and diarrhea...but not dead...and he gave up "research" on the deadly virus that he himself named, in order to spend the last 30 years researching Aids.  It couldn't possibly be that this researcher is trying to cash in on the publicity the virus is getting now in order to seek acclaim and grant money could it?  ....nah...no one would ever do that.

You see the problem with the story?  
This is what Der Spiegel says is a transcript of an interview with this one person.  There is no corroborating source from anyone else.  A one source story.  No one with any journalistic integrity will touch this without being able to confirm from several other independent sources what this guy is claiming,  
That is why you have not seen the "transcript" that ran only two days ago in Der Spiegel in a US paper.  If it can be confirmed and verified by other sources you will see it once that process is finished, if no one corroborates his story then it will just be internet fodder.

To put it in other terms, it would be like me sitting down with you and doing an interview over your claims that ocean going, over sized boats are killing people and loons on Lake Winnipesaukee on a daily basis and publishing a transcript of the interview as fact without ever seeking comment from the Marine Patrol or anyone else.

Last edited by obervantone on Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added News Hawks question for clarity.)
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:15 pm

News Buzzard wrote: Panetta is selling a book! Rolling Eyes

Buzzard his own guy called him out.

Panetta is a life-long Democrat.

“Selling books” is another thinly vailed excuse to once again cloud Obama’s mistakes. The sensationalism you claim has already been verified by people in the know and proven untrue. Obama has been exposed in regards to his version of removing troops from Iraq and the ISIS crisis. The community organizing flunky refused to listen to the people who were experienced in these matters.

In short, Obama is blatantly misleading Americans and the world when he denies choosing to pull out all the troops. Finally someone from Obama's own administration speaks the truth about Iraq. Obama didn't pull us out so much as he allowed us to get kicked-out of the country.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:26 pm

Add that to your long list of alleged scandals!! Rolling Eyes The biggest mistake we ever made was going into Iraq in the first place, but you conveniently forget that all of the time. In your world it's always about bashing Obama! Big Deal!! Rolling Eyes One of the things you don't understand is that the overwhelming majority of electoral votes are in Blue states, and the Republicans are doing nothing to correct that. That's why it will be a cake walk for Hillary!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:51 pm

Here is a link to the interview with Leon Panetta and USA Today's Susan Page;

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/10/06/leon-panetta-memoir-worthy-fights/16737615/

While Mr Panetta was critical of the President's current handling of the situation he was equally critical of the do nothing congress. One thing that has been overlooked is he was asked about Hillary Clinton, he says she would make a GREAT President.

Not that it matters but Leon Panetta was a Republican until after his time in the Nixon Administration
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:28 pm

Thanks, Obervantone. It should also be noted that there was never any guarantee that Iraq would have changed the terms of the Status of Forces agreement signed by Bush. Hindsight is always 20/20, and when it comes to bashing Obama right wingers are always ready to take hindsight as the Bible truth.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:32 pm

News Buzzard wrote:FOX News now uses Ebola to attack Obama:

You somehow see this as an "unearned" attack?

scratch

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:04 pm

FOX specializes in fear mongering, especially when it comes to Obama:

http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/10/05/on-cnn-pbs-science-correspondent-slams-medias-e/201022

"I get embarrassed for our brethren in journalism"-Miles O'Brien
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:18 pm

News Buzzard wrote: It should also be noted that there was never any guarantee that Iraq would have changed the terms of the Status of Forces agreement signed by Bush.

The professionals in our military and intelligence disagree with your assessment.

And so do…the Clintons.

Panneta made a point of noting that Hillary and he both advised Obama to leave a force in Iraq and it was Obama that was unwilling to negotiate. He’s trying to create a mythology that Hillary was fighting to do the right thing but was thwarted by the Obama.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:24 pm

Who signed the Status of Forces Agreement?

Who refused to extend immunity to our troops after 2011?

Those are the absolutes! The rest is conjecture!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:16 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Those are the absolutes! The rest is conjecture!
The "conjecture" can be seen in the Presidential debates from Obama's mouth...(YouTube).

Saturday, at his impromptu press conference before leaving for a family vacation on Martha’s Vineyard, President Barack Obama claimed that no U.S. troops were left in Iraq to help keep the peace because Iraq's refusal to sign a status of forces agreement.

In October 2012 during the presidential debate, GOP candidate former Gov. Mitt Romney (R-MA) pushed the president on his decision to remove all troops.

Romney said, "There should have been a status of forces agreement," Obama replied, "That's not true, no."

Obama added, "What I would not have done is left 10,000 Troops in Iraq that would tie us down."

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/08/10/Obama-2012-No-Troops-In-Iraq-No-Status-of-Forces-Agreement

No

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:14 pm

Since this thread has morphed into a discussion about media and credible journalism, I thought I would share this:

6 October 2014

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

RTDNA presents 2014 National Edward R. Murrow Awards

NEW YORK CITY – The Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) has presented the 2014 National Edward R. Murrow Awards, which recognize work of the highest quality produced by radio, television and online news organizations around the world, at its annual Awards Dinner and Show in New York City.

This year, RTDNA awarded 98 national Edward R. Murrow Awards in 13 categories including Overall Excellence, Breaking News, Investigative Reporting and more. RTDNA received more than 4,000 entries during the 2014 awards season, surpassing 2013 by more than 500 entries and setting an all-time record for entries in what proved to be one of the most competitive Edward R. Murrow Awards seasons in RTDNA history.

Among the winners, ABC News brought home the the Overall Excellence award in both radio and television for the first time in more than twenty years. The network won a total five awards. CBS won five in television and three in radio, and NBC won two awards in television. National Public Radio took home a trio of awards for website, series and investigative reporting, and ESPN won three in radio and television. Univision won for best network television website.

For the second year in a row, the Washington Post won the Overall Excellence Award for large online news organizations, as well as an award for feature reporting. The Boston Globe won awards in three online categories.

Of particular note this year in the Small Market Radio division was KNAU - Arizona Public Radio, which pulled off a rare double win in News Series and Writing for its entry Building Hope In Haiti: Flagstaff Responds To Humanitarian Crisis.

To receive an Overall Excellence award, a news organization must exemplify the highest standards in serving its audience through quality electronic or digital journalism.

Overall Excellence award winners in 2014 are:

ABC News (network television)
ABC News Radio (network radio)
The Washington Post (large online news)
The Texas Tribune (small online news)
WCVB-TV, Boston (television, large market)
WBIR-TV, Knoxville, Tenn. (television, small market)
WBEZ, Chicago (radio, large market)
WDEL, Wilmington, Del. (radio, small market)

A complete list of winners with links to the winning entries for the 2014 National Edward R. Murrow Awards can be found at rtdna.org.

Also presented at the ceremony were the winners of the 2014 RTDNA/UNITY Awards, which honor outstanding achievement in the coverage of diversity.

This years winners include:

Alabama Public Radio: Remembering 1963
WKAR-TV/Michigan State University: U.S. v. Narciso, Perez & Press
Comcast Local Media Development: His Dream, Our Stories
KUOW Public Radio: Black in Seattle
KABC-TV: Witness: The Legacy of Heart Mountain
PRI's The World: Global Nation: Stories of a Changing America
ESPN Films: Venus Vs.

The Gannett Foundation's Al Neuharth Award for Investigative Journalism was presented to CBS News/60 Minutes, for its investigative report entitled Lethal Medicine. The piece also won a national Edward R. Murrow Award from RTDNA this year for investigative reporting.

About RTDNA
RTDNA is the world's largest professional organization devoted exclusively to electronic journalism. RTDNA represents local and network journalists in broadcasting, cable and digital media in more than 30 countries.

obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next