Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rand Paul promises to leave NH alone if he wins presidency

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rand Paul promises to leave NH alone if he wins presidency Empty Rand Paul promises to leave NH alone if he wins presidency

Post  Anti Federalist Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:47 pm

Rand Paul promises to leave NH alone if he wins presidency

http://news.yahoo.com/rand-paul-starts-wh-campaign-visit-hampshire-070725813--election.html

MILFORD, N.H. (AP) — Republican Sen. Rand Paul on Wednesday promised New Hampshire voters — and quite a few political tourists from neighboring Massachusetts — that if he wins the White House, he would protect the state from federal intrusion.

"I will fight for your right to be left alone," Paul said at the historic Milford town hall during his first full day as a presidential candidate. "I will fight to keep the federal government out of New Hampshire, out of your home, out of your business and out of your church."

The Kentucky senator's pitch was part of an overt outreach to New Hampshire libertarians, who helped power Paul's father, former Rep. Ron Paul, to a second-place finish during his 2012 presidential primary campaign. The younger Paul is now trying to persuade his father's backers to stick with the next generation of tough-talking Pauls.

"New Hampshire has a leave-me-alone attitude," Paul told reporters. "And that's something I think sits very well with what I have to say and what I believe. I think we are a natural fit in New Hampshire,"
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Rand Paul promises to leave NH alone if he wins presidency Empty Re: Rand Paul promises to leave NH alone if he wins presidency

Post  News Hawk Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:04 pm

Women won't vote for a man with "bad hair"—as JFK had shown.

No

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Rand Paul promises to leave NH alone if he wins presidency Empty Re: Rand Paul promises to leave NH alone if he wins presidency

Post  WHL Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:36 am

Good for him!! The media is giving him a hard time but he might just be the one to stand up to them!!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:30 pm

WHL wrote:Good for him!!  The media is giving him a hard time but he might just be the one to stand up to them!!

That's to be expected, the government media, of course, is going to attack an "outsider" candidate.

Their job in all this is to manage and drive the debate, define the narrative, in order to produce the desired results: two candidates that will not "upset the applecart" of government too much, no matter which one us Mundanes vote for.

Which is why we're probably gonna end up with another Bush/Clinton match up.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:59 pm

I am very afraid of that too, but I am hoping it doesn't happen. Enough of both of them already!!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:54 pm

By leaving New Hampshire alone, does that mean all federal money, in millions, to our school districts and highway projects will cease?? Downshifting seems to be a favorite hobby of the Republicans (and Libertarians) these days!

Paul is full of baloney!!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:01 pm

WHL wrote:Good for him!!  The media is giving him a hard time but he might just be the one to stand up to them!!
Did you hear that "interview" with Savannah Guthrie?

pale

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:20 pm

I thought he handled it just fine. All these liberals and others too want to dominate the conversation and not let the person they are interviewing say what they want to say. Good for Rand!!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:37 am

News Buzzard wrote:By leaving New Hampshire alone, does that mean all federal money, in millions, to our school districts and highway projects will cease?? Downshifting seems to be a favorite hobby of the Republicans (and Libertarians) these days!

One can only hope so.

"Federal money" is like crack cocaine.

Besides, "Schools and Highways" are better funded and controlled locally, and consume an infinitesimal portion of the fedgov budget, so to suggest that the roads would cease to be and government schools would vanish (even though I think they should) is a red herring.

The vast majority, 89 percent, of all fedgov spending is on direct transfer payments to other people, military spending and debt service.

Rand Paul promises to leave NH alone if he wins presidency TotalSpendingPieFY14
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:51 am

Rather than look at it from a national pie chart point of view you should calculate how much your property taxes will go up to replace the millions of dollars in federal money we lose.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:01 am

When you're not doing well in an interview, just walk off the set!!  Rolling Eyes

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rand-paul-storms-off-guardian-interview

Senate veteran, Bernie Sanders, has Paul's number:

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/04/09/bernie-sanders-shreds-rand-paul-unmasking-great-libertarian-fraud.html

Rand Paul is a Huckster!!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:18 am

Exactly, Anti. Keep the money in the states. Bigger is NOT better. Bigger is more wasteful.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:36 am

News Buzzard wrote:Rather than look at it from a national pie chart point of view you should calculate how much your property taxes will go up to replace the millions of dollars in federal money we lose.

Four percent to the VA? The only VA benefits I've had were struck from my VA benefit package in 2009—One year after Obama started to take a knife to the military. My Dad lost his Tricare benefit.

What do I do with my VA "guaranteed rights" card given to me years ago?

News Buzzard wrote:When you're not doing well in an interview, just walk off the set!!  Rolling Eyes

The Guardian was taken to task yesterday, as the Guardian reporter's time was exhausted, and the lighting crew shut off the lights, as Rand Paul moved to the room across the hall for another timed interview.

News Buzzard wrote:Senate veteran, Bernie Sanders, has Paul's number:

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/04/09/bernie-sanders-shreds-rand-paul-unmasking-great-libertarian-fraud.html

Rand Paul is a Huckster!!

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) dropped the hammer on Rand Paul by exposing why the 2016 presidential candidate is no different from his fellow Republicans.

Now, isn't that just awful?

scratch

Sanders must be really Independent to have that opinion.

drunken

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:47 am

Why don't you lobby your representatives in the US Congress to restore VA money???    Good luck with that!!! Rolling Eyes
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:06 am

WHL wrote:Exactly, Anti.  Keep the money in the states.  Bigger is NOT better.  Bigger is more wasteful.

You're just talking about downshifting, and it's being done on all levels. In the school year 2013 our district received $2.3 million from the federal government and $6.5 million from the state government, for a total of $8.8 million. In the current year those numbers dropped to $1.65 million from the feds and $6.1 million from the state, or $1 million less. Now if we lost all of that $2.3 million from the feds it would mean a property tax hike in Wolfeboro of some $.40 per thousand. That represents an additional one thousand dollars in property taxes to a home assessed at $2.5 million. The sad part is I don't send any less money to Washington every year, but they continue to downshift!! A real loser in all of this would be Rand Paul's home state of Kentucky, which takes back much more than they send to Washington, like many other red states.

Don't let the facts get in your way!!!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:55 am

You hit it exactly when you said we don't send any less money to Washington!!!! That is the problem. They take more and give back less, a bad deal for us. We need to KEEP our own money and pay for our own. Period. Exactly why big government doesn't work, it just grows and grows and all that gains is bureaucracy.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:14 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
WHL wrote:Exactly, Anti.  Keep the money in the states.  Bigger is NOT better.  Bigger is more wasteful.

You're just talking about downshifting, and it's being done on all levels. In the school year 2013 our district received $2.3 million from the federal government and $6.5 million from the state government, for a total of $8.8 million. In the current year those numbers dropped to $1.65 million from the feds and $6.1 million from the state, or $1 million less. Now if we lost all of that $2.3 million from the feds it would mean a property tax hike in Wolfeboro of some $.40 per thousand. That represents an additional one thousand dollars in property taxes to a home assessed at $2.5 million. The sad part is I don't send any less money to Washington every year, but they continue to downshift!! A real loser in all of this would be Rand Paul's home state of Kentucky, which takes back much more than they send to Washington, like many other red states.

Don't let the facts get in your way!!!

Good.

The only way anybody will get motivated to reign in spending at any level is to have pay what it really costs.

Or look at it realistically and determine whether it really costs $8.8 million to run Wolfeboro schools.

But I notice that all the other things that the fedgov rules over us with doesn't get mentioned.

The only argument is how to divvy up the extortion money.

Sad.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:24 pm

What is the budget for the Gov Wentworth School District? Almost 49 million?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:28 pm

WHL wrote:What is the budget for the Gov Wentworth School District?  Almost 49 million?  

Good question, I just realized that $8.8 million was just the fed and state spending.

$49 million is insane.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:51 pm

WHL wrote:What is the budget for the Gov Wentworth School District?  Almost 49 million?  

Yeah, about $48 million.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:19 pm

News Buzzard wrote:

Yeah, about $48 million.

Let's assume there are 2250 students total, that's three times the HS student population for 2013.

That comes to over $21000 per kid.

To compare, UNH for a NH resident costs $16552 for tuition and fees.

http://admissions.unh.edu/tuitionfees/
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:32 pm

You're comparing apples and oranges. The school budget includes everything, from taking care of 6 elementary and 2 secondary school buildings, all of the transportation costs, all of the administrator's and teacher's costs, all of the food service costs and all of the special needs costs. The tuition for UNH is no barometer at all to what it costs to run the state university system, so what's your point?? The Town of Wolfeboro budget is about $26 million.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:13 pm

Education thinks they need more money, Anti.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:38 pm

News Buzzard wrote:You're comparing apples and oranges. The school budget includes everything, from taking care of 6 elementary and 2 secondary school buildings, all of the transportation costs, all of the administrator's and teacher's costs, all of the food service costs and all of the special needs costs. The tuition for UNH is no barometer at all to what it costs to run the state university system, so what's your point?? The Town of Wolfeboro budget is about $26 million.

My point is that is insane amount of money to extort from people.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:39 pm

WHL wrote:Education thinks they need more money, Anti.

The system always thinks that.

More money and more control.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next