Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warmongers Get Schooled

4 posters

Go down

Warmongers Get Schooled Empty Warmongers Get Schooled

Post  News Buzzard Fri May 08, 2015 11:32 am

One hundred and fifty House Democrats have written Obama telling him they will support him if he vetoes any Iran agreement disapproval by the Senate, thereby stopping any override possibility:

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/08/warmongers_get_schooled_how_gop_hawks_lost_their_chance_to_scuttle_an_iran_deal/

In the end it was a show about nothing!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Warmongers Get Schooled Empty Re: Warmongers Get Schooled

Post  red_hill Fri May 08, 2015 1:10 pm

News Buzzard wrote:One hundred and fifty House Democrats have written Obama telling him they will support him if he vetoes any Iran agreement disapproval by the Senate, thereby stopping any override possibility:

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/08/warmongers_get_schooled_how_gop_hawks_lost_their_chance_to_scuttle_an_iran_deal/

In the end it was a show about nothing!

You truly believe that we should trust the Iranians in any way?

http://www.businessinsider.com/iranian-general-war-with-us-no-big-deal-2015-5

red_hill

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri May 08, 2015 3:34 pm

The devil is in the details and I firmly believe we have to have the right to make frequent inspections. If we walk away from this deal I think they could have nukes in about 3 years and Israel will drag us into another brutal war. I had a lot of confidence in Obama's presentation of the agreement, and I'm really happy that nut jobs like Tom Cotton won't be able to scuttle it.

What I'm really worried about is losing the right to have the NSA monitor phone transmissions and their patterns. ISIS is very adept at recruiting and we need to do everything we can to stop them.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Fri May 08, 2015 9:13 pm

News Buzzard wrote:The devil is in the details and I firmly believe we have to have the right to make frequent inspections. If we walk away from this deal I think they could have nukes in about 3 years and Israel will drag us into another brutal war.

You know that Saudi Arabia announced today, they intend to buy an H-bomb when Iran gets their bomb?

scratch

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri May 08, 2015 9:54 pm

I'm a little surprised it's taken Saudi Arabia so long, seeing as how Israel is so loaded up with nukes. (allegedly) Rolling Eyes
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat May 09, 2015 2:52 am

News Buzzard wrote:What I'm really worried about is losing the right to have the NSA monitor phone transmissions and their patterns. ISIS is very adept at recruiting and we need to do everything we can to stop them.

Sounds like freedom to me.

Do we really want to live in a country where the NSA gathers data on virtually every single phone call in the United States — including as many as 5 billion cellphone records per day? I don't. Do we really want our government to collect our emails, see our text messages, know everyone's Internet browsing history, monitor bank and credit card transactions, keep tabs on people's social networks? I don't.

Unfortunately, this sort of Orwellian surveillance, conducted under provisions of the Patriot Act, invades the privacy of millions of law-abiding Americans. - Bernie Sanders (I) VT

http://mic.com/articles/117738/bernie-sanders-rips-nsa-spying-and-pushes-for-end-to-mass-surveillance
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat May 09, 2015 9:17 am

Unfortunately social media adds a new dimension to this fight and apparently ISIS is very good at using it. The story of the arrest of the 6 guys in Minnesota is a good example. That's not saying that ISIS has any serious presence in this country, but social media is a worldwide means of communication. We have already given up our privacy at the airports and we have to be smart about what we choose to eliminate in terms of our protection.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat May 09, 2015 12:43 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Unfortunately social media adds a new dimension to this fight and apparently ISIS is very good at using it. The story of the arrest of the 6 guys in Minnesota is a good example. That's not saying that ISIS has any serious presence in this country, but social media is a worldwide means of communication. We have already given up our privacy at the airports and we have to be smart about what we choose to eliminate in terms of our protection.

You sound just like a typical GOP law and order kind of guy.

Protect what?

Liberty?

Isn't that what all of this is about?

Or are you trying to protect your life?

At what point have we devolved into a total surveillance police state, can we acknowledge that the the terrorists, by virtue of your fear, have in fact, won.

Freedom and liberty is truly a lost cause when status quo voters on both the left and the right are in total agreement on shredding the bill of rights.

Last edited by Anti Federalist on Sat May 09, 2015 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat May 09, 2015 1:08 pm

I'm not advocating for a complete dismantling of the 4th Amendment, or the 14th Amendment for that matter, and I'm not advocating that we go to war with Iran, but I think we have to be smart about dealing with the people who are trying to hurt us.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat May 09, 2015 1:14 pm

News Buzzard wrote:I'm not advocating for a complete dismantling of the 4th Amendment, or the 14th Amendment for that matter, and I'm not advocating that we go to war with Iran, but I think we have to be smart about dealing with the people who are trying to hurt us.

Might as well be.

Your man, Bernie, was absolutely right.

You make the mistake of thinking that all this government surveillance and militarized police is to protect you.

It's not.

It's to protect government, the continuity of government, and government rulers.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sun May 10, 2015 1:55 pm

Warmongers Get Schooled FXSF1oO
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun May 10, 2015 3:52 pm

News Buzzard wrote:I'm not advocating for a complete dismantling of the 4th Amendment, or the 14th Amendment for that matter, and I'm not advocating that we go to war with Iran, but I think we have to be smart about dealing with the people who are trying to hurt us.

As we celebrate VE Day, do you think the US could have won WWII with Obama as President?

scratch

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun May 10, 2015 5:40 pm

News Hawk wrote:As we celebrate VE Day, do you think the US could have won WWII with Obama as President?

Yes!

Bush bumbled his way through Iraq for 8 years and it eventually went from a Sunni thug to a Shiite thug. The 2 rocket scientists, Wolfowitz and Bremer, went in there and fired all of the Iraqi police, who later became the Sunni Baathist foundation of ISIS. And thus the vacuum was created in Iraq and the recruiting for ISIS began in Europe and the US. The Republican default switch is always turned on to blame Obama for everything they screwed up, despite the fact that George W Bush signed the Status of Forces agreement to pull our troops out of Iraq by the end of 2011. The Republicans rely heavily on Americans not realizing or remembering this stuff, and right wingers always like to add another chapter to their Right Wing Book Of Mythology. elephant

afro
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon May 11, 2015 7:58 am

O'Bumbles would be a WW-CLASS President because Bush was bad in the middle east? And Truman excelled in Korea?

(New phone...new learning curve).

Smile
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon May 11, 2015 9:29 am

Bush was bad at everything and "Obumbles" pulled us back from the brink, without any help from Bush's party. Their game plan was to collapse the economy so they could point the finger at "Obumbles", but the president was a lot smarter, so now we have an unemployment rate of 5.4% (10% from Bush economy), an historic high of almost 89% of Americans with health insurance, a DOW index of 18 thousand (6,500 from Bush economy). I can only imagine how things could be if "Obumbles" had any help from the intransigent Republicans!! elephant

afro
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum