Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mothers' Day Visit Cancelled Due to Republican Sequester...

3 posters

Go down

Mothers' Day Visit Cancelled Due to Republican Sequester... Empty Mothers' Day Visit Cancelled Due to Republican Sequester...

Post  News Hawk Sat May 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Mothers' Day Troop Visit Scuttled by Sequester

House minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif) said she will have to cancel her traditional Mothers' Day visit to US soldiers stationed overseas because of
the budget sequester.

“As a kind of madre in loco parentis to all of our persons in uniform I'm sure my absence this year will be sorely missed,” Pelosi opined. “It is yet another cruelty sacrificed to be laid at the feet of those in the GOP who are opposed to the President's request for more revenue enhancements.”

Despite Pelosi's statement, it is by no means clear that her traditional visits are highly desired nor that she couldn't still make them. Pelosi has considerable personal wealth and could easily afford to pay for the trip out of her own pocket.

Queried as to why she doesn't finance such an “important morale-building mission” out of her own ample funds, the former House Speaker asserted that “the implication that I should spend my own money is an insult. High-ranking members of the government shouldn't have to spend their own money carrying out their public duties.”

Army Sergeant Tim Johnson, currently stationed in Afghanistan expressed mixed feelings about Pelosi's announcement. “We're kind of relieved that we don't have to go through the hoops of entertaining another visit from a Washington big shot,” Johnson admitted. “It does help put things in clearer perspective, though. We can be out here everyday putting our lives on the line, but a Congresswoman can't spend a few bucks to do what she says is her vital contribution to our mission? Oh please, give me a break.”
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Mothers' Day Visit Cancelled Due to Republican Sequester... Empty Re: Mothers' Day Visit Cancelled Due to Republican Sequester...

Post  WHL Sun May 12, 2013 8:05 am

She didn't really say that did she?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mothers' Day Visit Cancelled Due to Republican Sequester... Empty Re: Mothers' Day Visit Cancelled Due to Republican Sequester...

Post  News Hawk Sun May 12, 2013 9:09 pm

No, but it's good satire when you have to ask...!

Wink
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun May 12, 2013 9:17 pm

I don't think it's funny. I'm going to tell the C of C and the Aass. Americans against social satire.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon May 13, 2013 7:13 am

Are you going to tell the WOLF. Chamber, fsh?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon May 13, 2013 8:11 am

My bet is they have already been told.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon May 13, 2013 12:49 pm

You're probably right..
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down