Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boat crash in Tuftonboro.

3 posters

Go down

Boat crash in Tuftonboro. Empty Boat crash in Tuftonboro.

Post  fshnski Mon May 20, 2013 9:42 am

One person is hospitalized and five others slightly injured after a boat struck Chip Island about 12:30 a.m. Monday.

A powerboat operated by Michael Peterson, 18, of Londonderry struck the island while he was transporting six passengers to Cow Island, according to New Hampshire State Police, Marine Patrol.

One passenger was taken to Huggins Hospital in Wolfeboro and later transported to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon. That individual’s condition and extent of injuries are unknown at this time, according to a news release issued by state police.

The remaining five passengers were treated at the scene.

The boat “sustained disabling damage” although it did not post an environmental threat. As a precaution the state Department of Environmental Services was made aware of its location and condition.

The registered owner, whose name was not listed in the news release, is making arrangements for its removal.

At the time of the crash, visibility was limited because of rain and fog. Alcohol was not a factor, according to investigators.

The cause of the collision remains under investigation. Responding to the incident were Tuftonboro police and fire, Wolfeboro fire and state police.

UL
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Boat crash in Tuftonboro. Empty Re: Boat crash in Tuftonboro.

Post  WHL Mon May 20, 2013 1:29 pm

Chip Island? That doesn't ring a bell. Too bad though.

Did anyone hear what happened I think SAt evening? I heard there were two DHart copters in town, one at the hospital and one at Kingswood.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon May 20, 2013 1:32 pm

Chip Is. is to the NE of Little Wortleberry Is, and Helen Is.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon May 20, 2013 1:52 pm

Thanks, I will look on the map.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon May 20, 2013 1:53 pm

I had to look it up too.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed May 22, 2013 1:43 am

On this crash, I noticed that The Union Leader had a better coverage than all the other news sources. Exclamation

Running around in the rain after midnight doesn't sound like something an adult would do; however, Erika Blizzard had done the same thing, and also ran into a rather sudden granite halt. Parts of her boat were found on a cottage's roof—behind the cottage—and her anchor struck below the living room's picture window.

Below is a picture of the boat, which appears from the newstory that it'd been overloaded—even though an official capacity plate might show otherwise. That DES got involved [speculating] because the boat must be strongly grounded ashore. (?)

Boat crash in Tuftonboro. Attachment

Like Erika's misadventure, notice how close it was to violating the cottage's structure! affraid

WHL wrote:Chip Island? That doesn't ring a bell. Too bad though. Did anyone hear what happened I think SAt evening? I heard there were two DHart copters in town, one at the hospital and one at Kingswood.
To coincide with this crash, how about Sunday evening? What a Face

A DHart helicopter arrival at Huggins speaks to the condition of the passenger: my guess is that Huggins couldn't handle the injuries—which is bad news for the passenger. Crying or Very sad

Well, good news that the victim is to recover at Dartmouth/Hitchcock Hospital. Exclamation
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down