Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More police patrols planned over holiday weekend

3 posters

Go down

More police patrols planned over holiday weekend Empty More police patrols planned over holiday weekend

Post  fshnski Thu May 23, 2013 2:04 pm

Members of New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Maine state police gathered Thursday morning in Salem to announce they would have additional patrols through Memorial Day.

In New Hampshire, there will be high-visibility patrols from Massachusetts to the Hooksett tolls and on the Seacoast between the Massachusetts and Maine borders.

State police said the enforcement patrols will include aircraft, motorcycles, laser and radar. Police said that in the past few years, they have seen an increase in dangerous behavior by drivers.

"Impaired and especially distracted driving has become an issue over the last several years with the advent and increase of electronic devices, GPS devices all those things that can take your eyes off the road," said Maj. Russ Conte.

State police said they will also have special units out on the roads that are trained in detecting drunken drivers.

According to state statistics, impaired drivers were responsible for 29 percent of fatal crashes last year on New Hampshire's roads.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/more-police-patrols-planned-over-holiday-weekend/-/9857858/20272678/-/jdqoflz/-/index.html#ixzz2U8krIyTs
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

More police patrols planned over holiday weekend Empty Re: More police patrols planned over holiday weekend

Post  News Hawk Thu May 23, 2013 2:45 pm

fshnski wrote:"...According to state statistics, impaired drivers were responsible for 29 percent of fatal crashes last year on New Hampshire's roads..."
When one Googles, "dui", "nh" and "lawyers", you'll see that the number of drunk drivers is very likely many-more than the "proven-guilty" 29 percent.

Sad

Fortunately, motorcycles are not likely to be among those who "text"—a practice that is killing an unprecedented number of young passengers.

Weather-forecasters are calling for overcast weather through Monday, so it's unlikely that any new records will be set. At least, it'll be that way on the highways—none are calling Lake Winnipesaukee drunken-boaters a hazard.

Rolling Eyes
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

More police patrols planned over holiday weekend Empty Re: More police patrols planned over holiday weekend

Post  fshnski Thu May 23, 2013 2:48 pm

I wonder what the percentage of BUI vs DUI is on a given day? Do boaters have more of a tendency to drink?

Last edited by fshnski on Thu May 23, 2013 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu May 23, 2013 8:20 pm

fshnski wrote:I winder what the percentage of BUI vs DUI is on a given day? Do boaters have more of a tendency to drink?
Now you've got me windering too.
Wink

They probably follow the same behavior as on the road, except boaters don't have granite curbs to bounce off-of, or a double-yellow line to cross—disasterously.

Across the front page, the headlines of boater's drunken collisions certainly make a bigger splash.

Cool
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Thu May 23, 2013 8:23 pm

You got me. I was looking out my winder when I sore a most piteous sight.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri May 24, 2013 7:27 am

lol! lol! lol!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down