Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Okaaaaaay...What Did Wolfeboro Do with the Traffic Light?

4 posters

Go down

Okaaaaaay...What Did Wolfeboro Do with the Traffic Light? Empty Okaaaaaay...What Did Wolfeboro Do with the Traffic Light?

Post  News Hawk Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:52 pm

Anybody know?

scratch
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Okaaaaaay...What Did Wolfeboro Do with the Traffic Light? Empty Re: Okaaaaaay...What Did Wolfeboro Do with the Traffic Light?

Post  fshnski Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:14 pm

I'll bite. What traffic light?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Okaaaaaay...What Did Wolfeboro Do with the Traffic Light? Empty Re: Okaaaaaay...What Did Wolfeboro Do with the Traffic Light?

Post  WHL Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:12 am

I'll bite too. I hadn't noticed.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:20 am

The flashing yellow at the top of the hill at Brewster Academy—South Main and Center Street. There's nothing there as of Monday afternoon.

It's missing!

affraid

Last edited by News Hawk on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : "South" Main)
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:28 pm

I hate to say this but I just came through there and didn't even notice. You mean Pickering Corner, right? Course I was behind a great big truck and he went left and I went into town, but I am not sure if I would have noticed anyway.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:50 pm

WHL wrote:I hate to say this but I just came through there and didn't even notice. You mean Pickering Corner, right? I am not sure if I would have noticed anyway.
'Probably why it's been removed from Pickering Corner, as it served little purpose to Main Street traffic—continuing-through to downtown Wolfeboro.
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:07 pm

The light has been gone for quite a while, easily for a year. Pickering Corner was going to be looked at for some kind of traffic change, either a traffic signal light or a rotary, but the town just found out that South Main St is not even on the 10 year horizon for repair. Pickering Corner will probably stay the way it is for some time.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:23 pm

Good.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:08 pm

Two goods.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:21 am

I stopped for gas at Pickering Corner, and asked the three people there, "When did that 'flashing-yellow' go away?" One gentleman standing near me piped-up with, "I hadn't noticed it was missing—and I live only a block from here".

Both girls behind the counter affirmed each other's assessment with, "A windstorm took it out three years ago".

Embarassed
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:39 pm

Well, I guess I didn't miss it very much.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:52 pm

Oy Vey!  Same here. Three years uh?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down