Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keep the SNAP Program or I'll Eat Dog Food (Department)

2 posters

Go down

Keep the SNAP Program or I'll Eat Dog Food (Department) Empty Keep the SNAP Program or I'll Eat Dog Food (Department)

Post  News Hawk Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:48 pm

(CNSNews.com) -- "Representative Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.) urged the House of Representatives to keep Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits in the Farm Bill, saying senior citizens in her district “eat dog food when their food stamps run out,” and adding, “I’m sure that somewhere in America today some poor soul is relying on dog food to take them through the month.”

On the House floor on July 11, Rep. Wilson said, “Mr. Speaker, SNAP, Food Stamps, however you phrase it, is fundamental to the nutritional supplement to millions of Americans -- black, white, feeble seniors, struggling mothers, disabled veterans and hungry children.”

“Mr. Speaker, it was reported to me that there are seniors in my district who eat dog food when their food stamps run out,” she said. “I was appalled and went to see for myself, and I was dumbfounded. I fixed the situation, but I’m sure that somewhere in America today some poor soul is relying on dog food to take them through the month.”

Representative Wilson continued to comment, “Mr. Speaker, please do not hurt or destroy what is a mainstay in the lives of so many Americans who are just trying to get by. Do not remove nutrition, including the food stamp program from the farm bill. It’s wrong, it’s punitive and it’s cruel.”

Today, July 15, at a Bravo Supermarket in Miramar, Florida, for example, a can of Alpo Prime Cuts dog food is on sale for 89 cents. Conversely, Bravo Brand vegetables are on sale for 68 cents a can; 16 oz. packages of Goya pasta are 78 cents; and bananas are 33 cents a pound..."
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/congresswoman-some-my-constituents-eat-dog-food-when-their-food-stamps-run-out
Actually, dog food has wholesome (maybe tasty) horse meat and even kangaroo meat.

Who knows where they get the stuff?

My dog will still throw it up!

Laughing
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Keep the SNAP Program or I'll Eat Dog Food (Department) Empty Re: Keep the SNAP Program or I'll Eat Dog Food (Department)

Post  WHL Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:33 pm

So why would they buy dog food -- it costs more!??
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Keep the SNAP Program or I'll Eat Dog Food (Department) Empty Re: Keep the SNAP Program or I'll Eat Dog Food (Department)

Post  News Hawk Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:33 pm

We're talking Democrat: it doesn't have to make sense.

"Pass the bill to see what's in it".

Rolling Eyes 

But it has to make your evening TV news.

Suspect 
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:31 am

Yep.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down