Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is why there will never be another republican president

+3
News Hawk
fshnski
Donzel
7 posters

Go down

This is why there will never be another republican president Empty This is why there will never be another republican president

Post  Donzel Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:55 pm

The Republican National Committee, responding to plans by two television networks for programs about Hillary Rodham Clinton, approved a resolution Friday to block CNN and NBC from hosting GOP presidential primary debates.

The unanimous vote affirmed RNC Chairman Reince Priebus's threat against the networks if they went ahead with programs about Clinton, a possible Democratic presidential contender. Priebus said CNN has "an obvious bias."

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20130817/DA87VLM02.html

Donzel

Back to top Go down

This is why there will never be another republican president Empty Re: This is why there will never be another republican president

Post  fshnski Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:11 pm

Do you really believe that there is no conflict of interest with the proposed programs? Do you think the networks should be able to run pre-election fluff pieces on a potential candidate? We aren't as stupid as you think.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

This is why there will never be another republican president Empty Re: This is why there will never be another republican president

Post  fshnski Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:15 pm

BOSTON — The Republican National Committee voted Friday to bar NBC and CNN from sponsoring GOP primary debates in the 2016 election, ramping up pressure to stop the networks from running programs focused on Hillary Rodham Clinton.

RNC chairman Reince Priebus, who is trying to consolidate control over the primary process, said the networks’ programs were likely aid Mrs. Clinton, who is seen as the frontrunner for the Democratic presidential nomination, and he said that’s unfair to the GOP.

“It is the right thing to do for our voters,” Mr. Priebus said. “They are not going to get a real debate of substance if its run by a network who wants to help out Hillary Clinton. We are done with this nonsense, there are plenty of other good networks. CNN and NBC anchors will just have to watch on their competitors networks. The media overplayed their hand this time.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/16/gop-votes-bar-cnn-nbc-hosting-primary-debates/#ixzz2cMyE7vYN
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Donzel Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:41 pm

IMO the Republican National Committee needs a new Chairman; Reince Priebus has lost it.

Hillary hasn't even said she will run for President and the elections are over three years away. Don't the right wing nut jobs have anything better to do?
I guess not.

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:03 pm

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said President Obama’s denial that he was involved directly with the IRS’s targeting of conservative groups and other ongoing Washington scandals shows he is either lying or incompetent.

“One of two things are going on: … If the president actually knew something, well then clearly he’s not being truthful, and no one around him is,” Mr. Priebus told Fox News’ “Fox and Friends” program Tuesday. “If he didn’t know anything, then I think it suggests a level of aloofness or perhaps even incompetence that I think it pretty disturbing in its own right.”

The chairman called the Internal Revenue Service’s much maligned and abandoned practice of singling out for extra scrutiny tea party and other conservative groups that were applying for tax-exempt status “offensive” and “un-American.”

Mr. Priebus added House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, California Republican, will have a busy summer reviewing “what’s been going on in the White House” regarding the scandals, which include reports the Justice Department spied on journalists at Fox News and the Associated Press.

“This isn’t the end of the line. It’s only the beginning,” he said.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/28/priebus-obama-lying-or-incompetent-irs-scandal/#ixzz2cNADaHLg
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

This is why there will never be another republican president Empty Freedom of the Press Doesn't Mean They Can Alter Words of the President...

Post  News Hawk Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:44 am

Donzel wrote:Hillary hasn't even said she will run for President and the elections are over three years away.  Don't the right wing nut jobs have anything better to do? I guess not.
Just like Hitler and Stalin agreed to a pact, the RINOs have moved Left to accommodate the Marxists.

No 

In the last election, a Marxist candidate in Maryland freely admitted she had just voted in two states. How can Republicans win another election thinking the Marxists aren't going to use every possible ruse to win?

pale 
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:21 am

When I heard that this morning, I said that it is about time!!!!!! Those last debates were so pathetic, the questioning was so biased, I couldn't believe it. Good for the Repubs. Maybe they will wake up. My only question is why did they let it go on so long?????? The last election wasn't the first one with biased moderators!!!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:54 am

If Romney had a spine, he would have addressed the cloaked bias in the first question.
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:49 am

Donzel wrote:IMO the  Republican National Committee needs a new Chairman; Reince Priebus has lost it.
Excerpt:

"Finally the Republicans have someone in charge that is not afraid of his own shadow. Republicans are always cowering to the mainstream press while they mutter about the corrosiveness of it. If he keeps it up, the Republicans might actually win the U.S. Senate in 2014 and the Presidency in 2016. We are referring, of course, to Reince Priebus, Chair of the Republican National Committee (RNC).

You probably have heard that two television operations announced they were doing projects about Hillary Clinton. NBC has plans to produce and air a four hour mini-series about Hillary Clinton and CNN has plans for a documentary. Diane Lane has been attached to the NBC mini-series to play Ms. Clinton which speaks to the evenhandedness of that program. That is equivalent to a film about my life story with Brad Pitt in the starring role.

In a previous world, we would not even be having this discussion. These projects would never ever have been brought forward because even my dogs know Hillary Clinton is running for president in 2016, and the appearance of a potential conflict of interest would be killed by the news divisions. But that does not happen any longer. When CBS’s Les Moonves, head of TV’s most successful network, stated while attending a Barack Obama fundraiser that “ultimately journalism has changed… partisanship is very much a part of journalism now,” why would anyone believe that NBC and CNN would be even-handed?

They have defended their respective decisions by stating that the entertainment departments were planning these programs. NBC can at least attempt this ploy since they have an entertainment division (their ratings for the past decade notwithstanding). CNN, which last time anyone checked, is solely a news network. Their argument is that CNN Films, a division of CNN Worldwide, is doing the film. One wonders if CNN Sports is next.

Fortunately Mr. Priebus saw through this charade and finally drew a line that should have been drawn years ago. Priebus must have been watching in 1992 when Carole Simpson of ABC News hosted a debate that was so slanted against President George H.W. Bush you would have thought she was on the Clinton payroll. He certainly was watching as Candy Crowley of CNN injected herself in the debate between President Obama and Mitt Romney with an absolutely wrong answer regarding what Obama said September 12, 2012, about Benghazi and terrorism, thus ending Romney’s attempt to unsettle Obama on a critical issue...
Hitting a Home Run...

pirat 
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:13 am

Hillary should send a note of thanks to the RNC for all of the free publicity they've been giving her. I wouldn't watch extremists like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz debate each other anyway. Hillary will probably get 400 electoral votes in 2016!  Very Happy
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:59 am

Shouldn't every one of our politicians be working on straightening out our current problems first?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:01 pm

News Buzzard wrote:"...I wouldn't watch extremists like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz debate each other anyway..."
Among extremists , would you include the only President to send two atomic bombs to solve a problem at extreme human cost?

Suspect
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:13 pm

fshnski wrote:Shouldn't every one of our politicians be working on straightening out our current problems first?
What problems?

From government's standpoint, everything is going swimmingly.

Endless warfare? Check.

People under surveillance? Check.

Over half of income going to taxation? Check.

Over half of the people dependent on us? Check.

A debt load that can never be repaid? Check.

A veritable mountain of rules and regulations to trip people up? Check.

Anybody who will cause us trouble locked up? Check.

Mandatory state indoctrination for the next generation? Check.

Are the three base human desires met: are the Mundanes being fed, entertained and lording over their fellows? Check.

Well sir, there you go.

The foundation of a thousand year empire.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:15 pm

See, even on this little forum it has started already. The libs are calling Rand Paul and Ted Cruz extremists. They two of the best suited guys around to solve the problems of this country. I have no doubt the press will try to crucify them just like they did with Ron Paul, and all the low information voters will fall for it yet again.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:58 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Hillary should send a note of thanks to the RNC for all of the free publicity they've been giving her. I wouldn't watch extremists like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz debate each other anyway. Hillary will probably get 400 electoral votes in 2016!  Very Happy
Voters should decide the next President after taking this little quiz:

Six trivia questions to see how much history you know. Be honest, it's kinda fun and revealing. If you don't know the answer make your best guess. Answer all the questions (no cheating) before looking at the answers.

Who said it?

1) "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."

A. Karl Marx
B. Adolph Hitler
C. Joseph Stalin
D. None of the above

2) "It's time for a new beginning, for an end to government of the few, by the few, and for the few...... And to replace it with shared responsibility,,,,,for shared prosperity."

A. Lenin
B. Mussolini
C. Idi Amin
D. None of the Above

3) "(We) .....can't just let business as usual go on, and that means something has to be taken away from some people."

A. Nikita Khrushev
B. Josef Goebbels
C. Boris Yeltsin
D. None of the above

4) "We have to build a political consensus and that requires people to give up a little bit of their own ... in order to create this common ground."

A. Mao Tse Dung
B. Hugo Chavez
C. Kim Jong Il
D. None of the above

5) "I certainly think the free-market has failed."

A. Karl Marx
B. Lenin
C. Molotov
D. None of the above

6) "I think it's time to send a clear message to what has become the most profitable sector in (the) entire economy that they are being watched."

A. Pinochet
B. Milosevic
C. Saddam Hussein
D. None of the above

Scroll down for answers

Answers:

(1) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/29/2004

(2) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 5/29/2007

(3) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007

(4) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007

(5) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007

(6) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 9/2/2005
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:25 am

You forgot one. "It takes a village to raise a child." That is very telling, I think.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:29 pm

WHL wrote:See, even on this little forum it has started already.  The libs are calling Rand Paul and Ted Cruz extremists.  They two of the best suited guys around to solve the problems of this country. I have no doubt the press will try to crucify them just like they did with Ron Paul, and all the low information voters will fall for it yet again.
I seriously hope you are wrong and the country begins to wake up that we are staring over the edge of a cliff. One that there may already be no turning back on.

There truly is only one issue facing this once great nation and that is our crushing debt. Nothing else can take center stage at this point. Everything else is a smoke screen for the current administration and legislature.

There is only one more bubble to burst and that is the government bubble. If that goes, global melt down basically. Society as we know it will crumble.

As humans we have learned to block out denial but this is the truth on our door step. Liberals keep making it about social issues that will keep everyone focused (for the short term) away from a unfathomable situation on the horizon.

IMO the current President and basically the Government see it coming and are only doing what they can to make sure it doesn't happen on their watch.

I sure hope I am wrong but any logical economist knows the world cannot sustain itself any longer based on the value of the American dollar that is being diluted to the point of nothing.

Ok off my soap box....

But again in my opinion Romney only scratched the surface. No one can win an election predicting dooms day. People like to hear nice things for them, not reality. Ron and Rand Paul are the only ones really addressing the issues and that scares the establishment.

sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:40 pm

I hope we wake up too, but I don't know. You are right, the establishment either does not want to hear or is so involved with their own success, or scared, that they want to hide the truth as to what is really happening. And half the people of the country just believe what they are told without questioning. And you are also right, the economy of the whole world is in trouble.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down