Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good for the DEM Party!

4 posters

Go down

Good for the DEM Party! Empty Good for the DEM Party!

Post  WHL Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:52 am

Obama on CNN: Congress Has Two Jobs, But Too ‘Worried About’ ‘Rush Limbaugh’ to Do Them
by Noah Rothman | 7:59 am, August 23rd, 2013 VIDEO» 4900 comments

UPDATE: Rush Limbaugh responds to President Obama HERE:
—-
In an exclusive interview with CNN’s Chris Cuomo on Friday, President Barack Obama said that the upcoming fight over the continuation of a resolution which will fund the government does not have to be a fight at all. He said that enough Republicans in Congress agree that seeking to defund the Affordable Care Act is a bad idea, but they are afraid of angering their base or of conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh.

“Congress doesn’t have a whole lot of core responsibilities,” Obama said. “One core responsibility is passing a budget, which they have not done yet. The other core responsibility that they’ve got is to pay the bills that they’ve already accrued.”

RELATED: GOP Senator: Obama ‘Getting Perilously Close’ to Impeachment

Obama said that, if Congress does their jobs on those issues, then they can tackle “big, structural changes” like what he is proposing to the nation’s higher education system.

“How much of the lack of action in Washington do you put on yourself in terms of blame?” Cuomo asked.

“Ultimately the buck stops with me,” Obama replied. “I get frustrated, and I’ve said before and I continue to say I’m willing to do whatever it takes to get Congress — and Republicans in Congress in particular — to think less about politics and party and think more about what’s good for the country.

He said that the notion that Republicans would shut down the government over the ACA is not good for the nation. He said the GOP sees this as “their last gasp.”

“I’ve made this argument to my Republican friends privately, and, by the way, sometimes they say to me privately, ‘I agree with you, but I’m worried about a primary from, you know, somebody in the tea party back in my district’ or, ‘I’m worried about what Rush Limbaugh is going to say about me on radio.’”

One of his favorite talking points for which the Dems. fall. I hear it again and again and again.  Yet, he doesn't think about what's good for the country only about what he wants and his OWN politics.  What a hypocrite.  Yet it has been a very successful statement for him.  People fall for it.[color=#993333]
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Good for the DEM Party! Empty Re: Good for the DEM Party!

Post  News Buzzard Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:43 am

In the meantime, health insurance premium hikes have been slowing down since the implementation of Obamacare. This trend may be real good news for the future of Medicare as well:

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/08/20/2498391/growth-in-health-care-costs-continues-to-decrease-since-passage-of-obamacare/

Unfortunately, the Republicans are going to make an attempt at extortion by either shutting down the government or refusing to raise the debt ceiling if Obamacare is not de-funded. This is like a little child kicking and stomping his feet when he doesn't get his way.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:11 am

Politico writes that “ThinkProgress is struggling to be taken seriously both as a news organization and as an openly ideological operation whose parent has close ties to the Obama White House.”
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:23 pm

WHL wrote:

One of his favorite talking points for which the Dems. fall. I hear it again and again and again.  Yet, he doesn't think about what's good for the country only about what he wants and his OWN politics.  What a hypocrite.  Yet it has been a very successful statement for him.  People fall for it.
Obama says it again and again because it's a case of "projection". (Accuse your enemy with the malevolence that you—yourself—are doing).

Rush Limbaugh is listened to by millions, but there are too many voters who don't even speak English in the USA; hence, "Low-Information Voters".

So Rush  is seen by those who won't listen (don't listen) as "radical", when the "Radical" is the Marxist in the White House.

Good for the DEM Party! Jarrett-Clinton-Obama-Burqa
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:04 pm

What about all the money that is being taken from Medicare to help support Obamacare??
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down