Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ObamaCare May Shape Up As A Good Deal!

+4
Anti Federalist
WHL
fshnski
News Buzzard
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ObamaCare May Shape Up As A Good Deal! - Page 2 Empty Re: ObamaCare May Shape Up As A Good Deal!

Post  News Hawk Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:57 am

Outerlimits wrote:Control is right,

I am still waiting for my premium to drop as I was promised.  I will keep you all updated.
"You can keep your doctor".

Very Happy 
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

ObamaCare May Shape Up As A Good Deal! - Page 2 Empty Re: ObamaCare May Shape Up As A Good Deal!

Post  WHL Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:32 am

I am waiting for my premiums to drop too, outer. I think I am going to be waiting a LONG time! I heard last night only a handful of states are going to see lower premiums.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:11 am

When Obamacare fails (and it will), Obama will distance himself from the law pointing out he was not the author...it was actually the Republicans. NB will "pivot" and support Hillarycare and if we don't support her election, we are sexists.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:17 am

He has already said that! He said as much that he didn't write the bill.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:44 am

Laughing And just what will you nabobs natter about when ObamaCare DOES finally work to our benefit? Will your party suddenly claim it was your idea that he stole?
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:06 pm

It can't ever work to my credit. Ever. No chance. Besides, I don't mind paying for myself, I just hate paying for other people all the time. And believe me, I pay a lot for them.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:14 pm

WHL wrote:It can't ever work to my credit.  Ever.  No chance.  Besides, I don't mind paying for myself, I just hate paying for other people all the time.  And believe me, I pay a lot for them.
And so you'll still bitch when ObamaCare allows you to pay less for others?
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:18 pm

News Pigeon wrote:Laughing And just what will you nabobs natter about when ObamaCare DOES finally work to our benefit? Will your party suddenly claim it was your idea that he stole?
Laughing They refuse to admit that it was their party, through the Heritage Foundation and Romneycare, that started the idea of the mandate. It will work, despite them scratching and clawing all the way, because none of them voted for it. Very Happy 

WHL doesn't want to admit that she already pays for other folk's medical care through the emergency rooms in this state and around the country, because the existing horrible system doesn't have Obama's name attached to it.  Rolling Eyes 

Time to go! Lots of baseball and football today!!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:24 pm

News Buzzard wrote:

WHL doesn't want to admit that she already pays for other folk's medical care through the emergency rooms in this state and around the country, because the existing horrible system doesn't have Obama's name attached to it.   
That's the baffling part about their resistance. You know how they always whine about personal responsibility etc.....
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

ObamaCare May Shape Up As A Good Deal! - Page 2 Empty Information Technology (IT) problems and ObamaCare

Post  fshnski Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:31 pm

MISSOURI, 2013 – President Obama’s health care initiative is attracting criticism not only from the health care community but also from the IT community.
IT professionals knew the technical disasters would undermine implementation of the program, and now those likely problems are becoming obvious to an even wider range of observers.
The ObamaCare initiative already is critically behind in finalizing requirements. This means IT personnel will have to scramble to write and modify programs to allow the program to interface with other systems.
Remember, ObamaCare is an attempt to implement one of the largest integrated systems ever by the government.
In a recent Forbes article, “Unpublished CRS Memo: Obama Administration Has Missed Half of Obamacare’s Legally Imposed Implementation Deadlines,” Avik Roy explores the emerging problem.
Roy notes, “A requirement for the Secretary to “develop requirements for health plans to report on their efforts to improve health outcomes,” …due on March 23, 2012, has not been met to date. A number of rules that would safeguard the privacy of medical records have either yet to be developed, or have been meaningfully tardy in their arrival.”

Read more: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/charles-vandegriffe-time-and-place/2013/sep/6/information-technology-it-problems-and-obamacare/#ixzz2eK7KpBut
Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:40 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
News Pigeon wrote:Laughing And just what will you nabobs natter about when ObamaCare DOES finally work to our benefit? Will your party suddenly claim it was your idea that he stole?
Laughing They refuse to admit that it was their party, through the Heritage Foundation and Romneycare, that started the idea of the mandate. It will work, despite them scratching and clawing all the way, because none of them voted for it. Very Happy 
Refuse to admit it?

I'm pretty sure I'm the one who posted that information in the first place.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:44 pm

Typical liberals, Anti. It's always someone else's fault. Obama never really wanted Obamacare. Neither did Pelosi or Reed. It was all the idea of the Repubs. Wouldn't you think the Crows would like them just for that????? Wink 
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:49 pm

News Pigeon wrote:That's the baffling part about their resistance. You know how they always whine about personal responsibility etc.....
Nothing "baffling" about my resistance:

A - "Personal Responsibility" does not mean, "Buy this crappy product, or we will arrest you".

B - Any form of collective, mandatory healthcare now gives you the right to dictate to me, healthcare and lifestyle choices, since you now have ingratiated yourself into what is the most personal of individual information, all based on the excuse that you are in part paying for it.

The negative ramifications to liberty, privacy and "personal responsibility" when employers and government and corporations and the surveillance state starts getting its hands on this data will be extraordinary.

And BTW, I thought you progs hated "big business"? Question 

Big Pharma and Big Insurance wrote this mess.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

ObamaCare May Shape Up As A Good Deal! - Page 2 Empty "A Good Deal" for Lawyers...

Post  News Hawk Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:38 am

Anti Federalist wrote:And BTW, I thought you progs hated "big business"? Question 

Big Pharma and Big Insurance wrote this mess.
If you "joined" AARP fifteen years ago, you're part of the problem.

pale
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

ObamaCare May Shape Up As A Good Deal! - Page 2 Empty SUCH a Good Deal...

Post  News Hawk Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:42 am

ObamaCare May Shape Up As A Good Deal! - Page 2 091913
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:16 pm

On Thursday, Home Depot became yet another company that announced it would shift part-time workers to the government-run healthcare exchanges. In addition, a company spokesperson conceded that full-time employees, though they will still get health benefits, would pay more due to an increase in costs next year.

Companies like Trader Joe's and Walgreens have made similar announcements before the Obamacare exchanges are set to open in October.

According to a company spokesperson, "Home Depot's change would affect roughly 20,000 part-time workers who previously had chosen the limited liability medical plan the company offered," which, as Reuters notes, companies can no longer offer after December 31 under Obamacare.

Home Depot's current plan for part-time workers "provided coverage of up to $20,000 depending on the plan and were administered by Aetna Inc."
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:17 pm

CLEVELAND– Cleveland Clinic, Northeast Ohio’s largest employer, announced that it plans to make big budget cuts.

The Clinic employs 43,000 people worldwide, about 39,000 here in Northeast Ohio.

Cleveland Clinic plans to trim $330 million from its budget in 2014. CEO and President, Dr. Toby Cosgrove, addressed employees during a meeting, Wednesday morning.

“It absolutely concerns me. Everybody wants to keep their job and we want to do the best that we can do, but it’s a new era and we don’t know what to expect. But I believe the administration is just trying to prepare for whatever could happen and make sure that we’re strong,” said Cleveland Clinic employee Joanne Lyons.

A Cleveland Clinic spokeswoman told FOX 8 that the move is in response to healthcare reform laws.

She said the hospital expects to receive less in reimbursements and expects some patients to pay more, which means the hospital needs to more affordable and efficient.

A statement from the Cleveland Clinic reads:

"To prepare for healthcare reform, Cleveland Clinic is transforming the way care is delivered to patients. Over the past several years, we have had an ongoing focus on driving efficiencies, lowering costs, reducing duplication in services and enhancing quality to make healthcare affordable to patients.
Although we have made progress, we need to further reduce costs to the organization by $330 million in 2014. We are carefully evaluating all aspects of our system to accomplish this. Some of the initiatives include offering early retirement to 3,000 eligible employees, reducing operational costs, stricter review of filling vacant positions, and lastly workforce reductions."

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/09/19/cleveland-clinic-cited-obama-health-law-pitch-fire-thousands-cut-330-million-citing#ixzz2fTCkIld9
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

ObamaCare May Shape Up As A Good Deal! - Page 2 Empty Thousands In Tennessee To Lose Health Insurance - Courtesy Of ObamaCare

Post  fshnski Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:29 pm

The good news: Barack Obama told us we could keep our health insurance coverage if we like it. The bad news: This apparently does not apply to residents of Tennessee.

According to The Telegraph, thousands of Tennesseans have been notified that they will lose health insurance Jan. 1 under a TennCare-sponsored program due to ObamaCare regulations which prohibit the capping of annual benefits. The plan – CoverTN – caps yearly benefits at $25,000.

The Tennessean reports that state officials sent a letter this month to people who have insurance through CoverTN, a plan that helps small businesses and the self-employed purchase health insurance benefits. The letter says the limited-benefit plan does not cover all the services required under federal law and won’t be available after the end of this year.

Limited-benefit plans, often called “bare bone plans,” provide lesser benefits than traditional comprehensive health insurance plans in exchange for lower premiums. While comprehensive plans are preferable, limited-benefit plans have had their place in the marketplace due to their affordability.

Were it not for these plans, many small businesses and start-up companies would have no health insurance coverage at all. Now, thanks to ObamaCare, that becomes a moot point Jan 1 – when the plans cease to exist.

And, of course, for small companies and individuals who cannot afford comprehensive health insurance premiums, this means their health insurance coverage will cease to exist as well. While many affected employees may qualify for ObamaCare subsidies [wealth redistribution] to help pay their health insurance premiums if they replace lost group coverage with individual plans, many will not.

And therein lies the irony: Barack Obama told us his plan would reduce the number of uninsured Americans – not increase it.

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/09/78617-thousands-lose-health-insurance-tennessee-courtesy-obamacare/
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

ObamaCare May Shape Up As A Good Deal! - Page 2 Empty If New Hampshire Expands Medicaid, State Hospitals Will Lose Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollars

Post  fshnski Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:31 pm

In states that remain undecided about whether or not to expand Medicaid, as Obamacare prescribes, hospitals have lobbied furiously in expansion’s favor. That’s not surprising, on its face; hospital executives’ eyes widen at the possibility of hundreds of billions in additional taxpayer subsidies under the law. But an analysis from the Lewin Group, a prominent health care consulting firm, finds that if New Hampshire expands Medicaid, Granite State hospitals will actually lose $228 million in revenue over the next seven years. How is that possible?

Read on.

http://www.forbes.com/business/
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:35 pm

If you think you are going to be happy with obamacare just think about the care given by our Department of Veterans Affairs.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2