Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why John Boehner might shun Obamacare fight, pass clean CR, avoid shutdown, and move on

2 posters

Go down

Why John Boehner might shun Obamacare fight, pass clean CR, avoid shutdown, and move on Empty Why John Boehner might shun Obamacare fight, pass clean CR, avoid shutdown, and move on

Post  fshnski Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:17 pm

Saturday is decision day for House Republicans.

A week ago, they sent a continuing resolution to the Senate that included a provision to defund Obamacare. Now, they've received the resolution back, minus the Obamacare provision.

So what do they do? Do they attach some new measure to the resolution and send it back to the Senate -- with the hours ticking away before a possible government shutdown? Or do they drop efforts to defund, delay, or amend Obamacare and simply pass the "clean" continuing resolution before them?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/why-boehner-might-shun-obamacare-fight-avoid-shutdown-and-move-on/article/2536536
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Why John Boehner might shun Obamacare fight, pass clean CR, avoid shutdown, and move on Empty Re: Why John Boehner might shun Obamacare fight, pass clean CR, avoid shutdown, and move on

Post  WHL Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:17 pm

A couple of hours ago, I read he is going to let it shut down. I hope he stands his ground.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why John Boehner might shun Obamacare fight, pass clean CR, avoid shutdown, and move on Empty Re: Why John Boehner might shun Obamacare fight, pass clean CR, avoid shutdown, and move on

Post  fshnski Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:23 pm

Me too. It is time to make a statement!
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Why John Boehner might shun Obamacare fight, pass clean CR, avoid shutdown, and move on Empty I like this from that link ...

Post  fshnski Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:52 pm

“We’ve had enough of the disunity in our party,” Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) told the meeting of House Republicans Saturday afternoon. “The headlines are Republicans fighting Republicans. This will unite us. This protects the people who sent us here from Obamacare.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/house-gop-budget-strategy-government-shutdown-97496.html#ixzz2gEMYv86T
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down