Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Six Obama secrets revealed in the new 'Game Change' book

Go down

Six Obama secrets revealed in the new 'Game Change' book Empty Six Obama secrets revealed in the new 'Game Change' book

Post  fshnski Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:43 pm

The new book "Double Down: Game Change 2012," authored by journalists Mark Halperin and John Heilemann, reveals some of the secrets behind President Obama's 2012 re-election campaign.

Here are six of the juicy political nuggets revealed in the book.

1. Obama tried and failed to get a White House leaker to come clean

From the book: "[U]nless and until the person who did this comes to me, tells me they did this, and apologizes, these meetings are over. I'm gonna be in the Oval Office. When somebody is ready to come forward and own up to this, you know where to find me." With that, Obama stood up and walked out the door, leaving a crashing silence behind him."

Mike Allen wrote: "No one did, and the inner circle shrunk markedly."

2. Michelle Obama watches MSNBC's "Morning Joe" --- and emails her thoughts to Valerie Jarrett

From the book: "Her habit was cable, and especially 'Morning Joe.' (She watched the show religiously while working out, then fired off agitated e-mails to Jarrett about what this or that talking head had said.)"

3. Obama likes former president Bill Clinton --- but in doses

From the book: "Obama intent on playing the game, getting up and down; Clinton cracking jokes and yakking, taking mulligan after mulligan. ... When Clinton came off the course, he was asked by an aide how it went. Obama grimaced and replied, 'I like him ... in doses.' "

4. Aides to Obama considered replacing Vice President Joe Biden with Hillary Clinton for his 2012 re-election run

From the New York Times: "The aides concluded that despite Mrs. Clinton’s popularity, the move would not offer a significant enough political boost to Mr. Obama to justify such a radical move."

5. Bill Clinton couldn't believe how many breaks Obama was getting

From the book: "Clinton had watched in wonder as Obama caught break after break. ... Clinton trotted out for his pals the same line again and again: 'He's luckier than a dog with two d***s.' "

6. After President Obama's flat debate performance in Denver, a Democratic Party operative gave him a cheat sheet for the second debate

From the book: "MUST REMEMBER 1. (Your) Speed Kills (Romney) 2. Upbeat and Positive in Tone 3. Passion for People and Plans 4. OTR [Off the Record] Mindset - Have Fun 5. Strong Sentences to Start and End 6. Engage the Audience 7. Don't Chase Rabbits BEST HITS 1. 47% 2. Romney + China Outsourcing ... 4. 9-11 Girl 5. Sketchy Deal

... REBUTTAL CHEAT SHEET 1. Jobs - The 1 point plan ... 8. Gridlock - Romney brings the lobbyist back 9. Benghazi - Taking offense."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/six-obama-secrets-revealed-in-the-new-game-change-book/article/2538349
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down