Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Metric System—Right for America?

4 posters

Go down

The Metric System—Right for America? Empty The Metric System—Right for America?

Post  News Hawk Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:21 am

The Metric System—Right for America? ?ui=2&ik=9ce0d51578&view=att&th=1437d3c5fe869d1a&attid=0
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

The Metric System—Right for America? Empty Re: The Metric System—Right for America?

Post  WHL Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:40 am

I can't open your link. But no, I don't want the metic system here. Just like English should be our language. We USED to be America, a little different, a little independent, a little wonderful. The powers that be want all that to change. THey have been eroding our country for years and years.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Metric System—Right for America? Empty Re: The Metric System—Right for America?

Post  Achigan Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:04 am

News Hawk wrote:The Metric System—Right for America? ?ui=2&ik=9ce0d51578&view=att&th=1437d3c5fe869d1a&attid=0

The link is to your G-mail account...you shouldn't be giving out information like that.

It's people like me who Decipher stuff like this, so be careful.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:23 am

WHL wrote:I can't open your link.  But no, I don't want the metic system here.  Just like English should be our language.  We USED to be America, a little different, a little independent, a little wonderful.  The powers that be want all that to change.  THey have been eroding our country for years and years.

That is the way I see it too.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:48 am

WHL wrote:I can't open your link.  But no, I don't want the metic system here.  Just like English should be our language.  We USED to be America, a little different, a little independent, a little wonderful.  The powers that be want all that to change.  THey have been eroding our country for years and years.

The United States constitution gave the authority to dictate standards of measure to Congress.  At one time we used the metric system and was modified to use foot and pound.  So we are the ones who changed it in the first place. Therefore no one is trying drive anything new down our throats.
However if you want to think America is eroding because of this, then by a means go ahead.

Last edited by Achigan on Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:51 am

The continuing effort to make us just like any other country. We must not have anything that makes us feel unique.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:47 am

You are right, Achigan. It was going to change quite a few years ago. I think we the people wouldn't accept it though, because it never really came to be. We do get soda in litres now but we really don't use much other that I can think of.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:55 am

WHL wrote:You are right, Achigan.  It was going to change quite a few years ago.  I think we the people wouldn't accept it though, because it never really came to be.  We do get soda in litres now but we really don't use much other that I can think of.

Back in the 60's when I was a young engineer I was given the project of converting drawings to the metric system and I didn't get anywhere on it.  Eventually I was told to stop the project and destroy the drawings.  I had fun though, learned a lot about the metric system.   We even had a professor from a country that uses the metric system come over here and teach us the system and most of the students were in la la land about it.  They couldn't change their brain because they have been using our measuring system too long.  It completely failed.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:20 pm

Interesting story, Achigan.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down