Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolfeboro Town Hall article in this weeks Grunter

4 posters

Go down

Wolfeboro Town Hall article in this weeks Grunter Empty Wolfeboro Town Hall article in this weeks Grunter

Post  Achigan Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:50 am

Here is a well written article in this weeks "Letters To The Editor" section that disputes some of Bob Lemaire’s letter on Feb. 6 (Hobson’s Choice).

Wolfeboro Town Hall article in this weeks Grunter Town_h10
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Wolfeboro Town Hall article in this weeks Grunter Empty Re: Wolfeboro Town Hall article in this weeks Grunter

Post  News Buzzard Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:08 am

Thanks for posting the letter, Achigan!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Wolfeboro Town Hall article in this weeks Grunter Empty Re: Wolfeboro Town Hall article in this weeks Grunter

Post  WHL Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:17 pm

Love fest.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Matzoh Heppelwhite. Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:56 pm

Mr. Tougher's letter was just one of three that were published in this week's Granite State News, concerning Brewster Memorial Hall.  All three were unanimous n their support of completing the restoration of Wolfeboro's Town Hall.
Let's do it.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:05 pm

Matzoh Heppelwhite. wrote:Mr. Tougher's letter was just one of three that were published in this week's Granite State News, concerning Brewster Memorial Hall.  All three were unanimous n their support of completing the restoration of Wolfeboro's Town Hall.
Let's do it.

I'm hoping to get upstairs to see the Great Hall on Saturday, February 22 between 11AM and 1PM. It will also be open on the following 2 Saturdays at the same times. I've never been upstairs.

Just Say Yes!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:08 pm

Matzoh Heppelwhite. wrote:Mr. Tougher's letter was just one of three that were published in this week's Granite State News, concerning Brewster Memorial Hall.  All three were unanimous n their support of completing the restoration of Wolfeboro's Town Hall.
Let's do it.

Of course. And expect to see a lot more as the Friends get all their friends to write letters. They will mount a huge campaign to try to get it passed
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Matzoh Heppelwhite. Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:12 pm

WHL wrote:
Let's do it.

Of course.  And expect to see a lot more as the Friends get all their friends to write letters.  They will mount a huge campaign to try to get it passed
You're right. I expect to see support for the Hall's renovation gain strength too. It's about time and it's the right thing for our iconic landmark.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:04 pm

Matzoh Heppelwhite. wrote:
WHL wrote:
Let's do it.

Of course.  And expect to see a lot more as the Friends get all their friends to write letters.  They will mount a huge campaign to try to get it passed
You're right.  I expect to see support for the Hall's renovation gain strength too.  It's about time and it's the right thing for our iconic landmark.

This time around the warrant article will pass without any problem.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:42 am

You think? What is different this time, Achigan?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:09 am

WHL wrote:You think?  What is different this time, Achigan?

This is why:

"The Friends of Wolfeboro Town Hall believes that a public-private partnership offers the best opportunity for funding the necessary rehabilitation of Town Hall and reopening the second floor for community uses. With approval of the Board of Selectmen, The Friends of Wolfeboro Town Hall is a leading the effort to raise $1 million in private pledges. A favorable vote for the remainder of the costs – estimated to be $3 million – will allow the Town Hall to be transformed."

If the "Friends" can work that hard to get this done then I am going to support them.

http://wolfeborotownhallfriends.org/
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matzoh Heppelwhite. Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:10 pm

Achigan wrote:
WHL wrote:You think?  What is different this time, Achigan?

This is why:

"The Friends of Wolfeboro Town Hall believes that a public-private partnership offers the best opportunity for funding the necessary rehabilitation of Town Hall and reopening the second floor for community uses. With approval of the Board of Selectmen, The Friends of Wolfeboro Town Hall is a leading the effort to raise $1 million in private pledges. A favorable vote for the remainder of the costs – estimated to be $3 million – will allow the Town Hall to be transformed."

If the "Friends" can work that hard to get this done then I am going to support them.

http://wolfeborotownhallfriends.org/
Very good reasoning.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.

Back to top Go down

Post  Matzoh Heppelwhite. Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:23 pm

Now it looks as if the principal opponents to the Town Hall renovations are Josephine Amatucci and WHL.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:11 pm

Matzoh Heppelwhite. wrote:Now it looks as if the principal opponents to the Town Hall renovations are Josephine Amatucci and WHL.

I wouldn't be surprised if WHL is actually Josephine Amatucci.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matzoh Heppelwhite. Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:22 pm

Achigan wrote:
Matzoh Heppelwhite. wrote:Now it looks as if the principal opponents to the Town Hall renovations are Josephine Amatucci and WHL.

I would be surprised if WHL is actually Josephine Amatucci.
I doubt that they're the same person, but they are among the dwindling number of people who have spoken out against the renovation of Wolfeboro's Town Hall.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:27 pm

Achigan wrote:

I doubt that they're the same person, but they are among the dwindling number of people who have spoken out against the renovation of Wolfeboro's Town Hall.

I've seen Josephine at the dump many times and she whines just like WHL. If they aren't the same person I'll bet they are related.

Maybe sisters or something??
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matzoh Heppelwhite. Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:39 pm

Achigan wrote:
Achigan wrote:

I've seen Josephine at the dump many times and she whines just like WHL.  If they aren't the same person I'll bet they are related.

There's a thought.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:51 pm

I got it....JosepWhine

Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matzoh Heppelwhite. Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:56 pm

Achigan wrote:
Achigan wrote:

I've seen Josephine at the dump many times and she whines just like WHL.  If they aren't the same person I'll bet they are related.

There's a thought.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down