Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Palin Gets Last Word...

4 posters

Go down

Palin Gets Last Word... Empty Palin Gets Last Word...

Post  News Hawk Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:09 pm

Palin, in 2008 said:

"After the Russian army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama's reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence – the kind of response that would only encourage Russia's Putin to invade Ukraine next," she said in Reno, Nevada on October 21, 2008."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/02/28/palin-on-ukraine-i-told-you-so/

For that she was mocked:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/02/28/Flashback-Palin-Mocked-in-2008-for-Warning-Putin-May-Invade-Ukraine-if-Obama-Elected-President

Her actual words today:

"Yes, I could see this one from Alaska. I'm usually not one to Told-Ya-So, but I did, despite my accurate prediction being derided as “an extremely far-fetched scenario” by the “high-brow” Foreign Policy magazine. Here’s what this “stupid” “insipid woman” predicted back in 2008: "After the Russian Army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama's reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence, the kind of response that would only encourage Russia's Putin to invade Ukraine next."

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Palin Gets Last Word... Empty Re: Palin Gets Last Word...

Post  WHL Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:23 am

I saw that just this morning. And last night I saw a clip of the Romney/Obama debates in which Romney said Russia was still a threat and Obama mocked him for saying that. Guess who was right!! Palin and Romney are the smart ones.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:44 am

Palin gets the last word on Facebook, but she doesn't have a friggin' clue where the Ukraine is:  Rolling Eyes 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26388057

I can see the Ukraine from here!!!      affraid
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 pm

I will remind you: Sarah Palin did NOT say she can see Russia from her house. Tina Fey did. And you CAN see Russia from Alaska. So who is the stupid one???

Since you never believe me, I thought I would show you your favorite Snopes. Maybe you will believe them.

FALSE

Origins: Paradoxically, one of the common features of catch phrases associated with famous figures (both real and fictional) is that those phrases are often caricatures that do not reflect statements actually made by the people with whom they're associated. For years, impersonators merely had to utter the lines "Judy, Judy, Judy" or "Come with me to the Casbah," and listeners immediately knew they were portraying actors Cary Grant and Charles Boyer,

respectively, though neither man ever delivered such a line in any of his roles. Likewise, the phrase most indelibly associated with the fictional character of Sherlock Holmes, "Elementary, my dear Watson," appeared in none of the original works authored by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

So it is that one of the quotes most strongly associated with former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin is the exclamation "I can see Russia from my house!" even though she didn't actually utter that phrase during the campaign.

The basis for the line was Governor Palin's 11 September 2008 appearance on ABC News, her first major interview after being tapped as the vice-presidential nominee. During that appearance, interviewer Charles Gibson asked her what insight she had gained from living so close to Russia, and she responded: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska":

Two days later, on the 2008 season premiere of Saturday Night Live, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler appeared in a sketch portraying Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton, during which Fey spoofed Governor Palin's remark of a few days earlier with the following exchange:
FEY AS PALIN: "You know, Hillary and I don't agree on everything . . ."

POEHLER AS CLINTON: (OVERLAPPING) "Anything. I believe that diplomacy should be the cornerstone of any foreign policy."

FEY AS PALIN: "And I can see Russia from my house."

Henceforth, invocations of Sarah Palin frequently employed the line "I can see Russia from my house," rather than the words she actually spoke, "You can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska."

As to the question of whether one can actually see Russia from Alaska, Governor Palin was correct: such a view is possible from more than one site in that state.
A Slate article on the topic noted that:
In the middle of the Bering Strait are two small, sparsely populated islands: Big Diomede, which sits in Russian territory, and Little Diomede, which is part of the United States. At their closest, these two islands are a little less than two and a half miles apart, which means that, on a clear day, you can definitely see one from the other.
Also, a 1988 New York Times article reported that:
To the Russian mainland from St. Lawrence Island, a bleak ice-bound expanse the size of Long Island out in the middle of the Bering Sea, the distance is 37 miles. From high ground there or from the Air Force facility at Tin City atop Cape Prince of Wales, the westernmost edge of mainland North America, on a clear day you can see Siberia with the naked eye.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/russia.asp#2bIVmBkTSUHqOC4s.99
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:04 pm

Sarah Palin puts her cliff notes on her hands!  Rolling Eyes (dumb as a bag of rocks!)
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Palin Gets Last Word... Empty Was that $8.81 trillion or $8.91 Trillion?

Post  News Hawk Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:38 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Sarah Palin puts her cliff notes on her hands!  Rolling Eyes (dumb as a bag of rocks!)

When making a repair—and with so many stairs to cover—I write on my hand, too.

Reagan used 3x5 cards.

When you're going to be criticized by a biased press, always have the exact figures ready to deliver.

study

That point is that Sarah Palin made the right call!

(Obama made himself look weak—which he is).

pale

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:47 pm

Don't worry, NH. NB wishes he had half as many smarts as Sarah Palin.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:50 pm

WHL wrote:Don't worry, NH.  NB wishes he had half as many smarts as Sarah Palin.

When NB gets half as many smarts as Sarah Palin, maybe he could govern HALF the state of Alaska.

However, I don't think he has the executive smarts that are required for that job.

NB would need to take out the political corruption in his own party—a job and a half for a Democrat.

pirat

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:03 am

So tell me, what is Palin's solution to this centuries long conflict between Russia and The Ukraine? (other than criticize Obama) If the 2 year governor of Alaska is so smart, what are her recommendations? Should we invade the Ukraine? The Neocons are always ready to start another war!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:26 pm

News Buzzard wrote:So tell me, what is Palin's solution to this centuries long conflict between Russia and The Ukraine? (other than criticize Obama) If the 2 year governor of Alaska is so smart, what are her recommendations? Should we invade the Ukraine? The Neocons are always ready to start another war!

One would need to be aware that some Americans can be prescient to world events—especially involving our proven enemies—as Sara Palin has already demonstrated.

In spite of Obama's "I can be more flexible after the election" statement, Russia has never been our friend.

pale

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:47 pm

Still no solution...........  Rolling Eyes 
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:57 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Still no solution...........  Rolling Eyes 

RELAX.

Laughing

John F. Kerry is on the task!

Exclamation
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:28 am

Yeah, this should be good. Kerry is about as good as Clinton was.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:39 am

WHL wrote:Yeah, this should be good.  Kerry is about as good as Clinton was.

Kerry has flown to the Ukraine with a billion dollars in US "Loan Guarantees".

No, it's not from his own billions—it's Other People's Money.

No

Palin Gets Last Word... Young-barry

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:33 am

News Buzzard wrote:Still no solution...........  Rolling Eyes 

Once again the Democrats want the Republicans to fix their mistakes.

Unfortunately it would take a time machine to fix this one.

It was a mistake for Obama and Kerry to threaten unless they had intensions of backing up their threats. If you threaten to punish, and then fail to deliver then your word means nothing.

Democrats will twist this to mean “Republicans want to go to war”.

FAR FROM IT.

It is not in the interests of the United States to intervene in Ukraine. The country is evenly split. The European Union doesn't want this fight. Ukraine is a mess and a cesspool of political corruption.. Just add to the problems of the EU right now. Russia wants it, let Russia have it. They can create stability in Ukraine instead of us for a change. Ukraine is a problem. Let it be a Russian problem and stay a Russian problem. Send the IMF home. Let the Russians pay for the problem they want so dearly. They shouldn't get a dime from the west.

Obama is perceived as weak and ineffective, and any doubt about that was erased over the Syrian red line in the sand. The REAL problem now is…what will China and their crazy cousin N. Korea do? They have seen the empty threats; will they now act in their interests without fear of reprisal?
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:54 am

The Republicans aren't capable of any intelligent thought process for any crisis. The standard line is to always attack Obama. That must look real old around the world!!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:12 pm

Now that's a real joke coming from you. Almost every other on your posts blames BUSH for all of Obama's problems.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:00 pm

News Buzzard wrote:The Republicans aren't capable of any intelligent thought process for any crisis. The standard line is to always attack Obama. That must look real old around the world!!

Clinton* promised to defend Ukraine in an agreement of the West. Obama renewed the same resolution in 2009.

If Putin was looking for a weakness and an opportunity to rebuild the old USSR, he's found one in Barack Hussein Obama.

Sad

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:19 am

It's too early in the game to come to any conclusions, but all you know how to do is criticize Obama. It's just a right wing, knee jerk reaction! As soon as something around the world happens you can bet the ranch that you'll see the usual blockheads, like Lindsey Graham or John McCain, with their face in front of a camera criticizing Obama. What an original thought process!!   Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:00 pm

News Buzzard wrote:It's too early in the game to come to any conclusions, but all you know how to do is criticize Obama. It's just a right wing, knee jerk reaction! As soon as something around the world happens you can bet the ranch that you'll see the usual blockheads, like Lindsey Graham or John McCain, with their face in front of a camera criticizing Obama. What an original thought process!!   Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

If it's too early "to come to any conclusions", how does that make Obama look weak in the eyes of the world?

"Weak"?

Palin Gets Last Word... 6a00d8341c630a53ef0128759fd303970c-600wi

Question
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down