Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who needs to cut their carbon footprint???

4 posters

Go down

Who needs to cut their carbon footprint??? Empty Who needs to cut their carbon footprint???

Post  WHL Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/embed/c1Q1qzfL9rE

It's 3 minutes but it is worth watching.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who needs to cut their carbon footprint??? Empty Re: Who needs to cut their carbon footprint???

Post  News Hawk Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:17 pm

Taxpayers shouldn't pick up the millions that Obama uses to go to Hawai'i, ($7.5 Million) or to partisan speaking engagements as fundraisers or, for that matter, the Grand Canyon.

This video is remarkable, as AFP is a French news agency!

Very Happy

bounce

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Who needs to cut their carbon footprint??? Empty Re: Who needs to cut their carbon footprint???

Post  WHL Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:43 am

No we shouldn't. I understand he need to be protected but he is such a hypocrite-as he says we must all tighten his belt, he not only flies away on wonderful vacations, he takes one plane for him and one for Michelle and one for the dog oftentimes. That is not tightening your belt.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:15 am

Sour Grapes!! If Mitt Romney had won we wouldn't have seen a peep on here about his travels on Air Force One!. What a bunch of hypocrites!   Razz
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:54 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Sour Grapes!! If Mitt Romney had won we wouldn't have seen a peep on here about his travels on Air Force One!. What a bunch of hypocrites!   Razz

Mitt Romney is independently-wealthy. I doubt very much that he would use Other People's Money to go to Hawai'i, ($7.5 Million) or to partisan speaking engagements as fundraisers or, for that matter, the Grand Canyon.

This video is remarkable, as AFP is a French news agency!

(And, except for this video, never was seen by this country's Electorate).

pale

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:03 pm

As to a "carbon footprint", I'd say Pelosi, but it was Barbara Boxer who complained about one of their own agencies...

Who needs to cut their carbon footprint??? ?ui=2&ik=9ce0d51578&view=att&th=144c5a7153e7f1de&attid=0
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:18 pm

That's right, NH. Romney doesn't have that attitude that Obama has. He would not take one plane for him, one for his wife and one for his dog. He would be more considerate of OUR money.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:21 pm

WHL wrote:That's right, NH.  Romney doesn't have that attitude that Obama has. He would not take one plane for him, one for his wife and one for his dog.  He would be more considerate of OUR money.

Romney steals your money every year when he files his taxes! (Hint: Carried Interest)
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:07 pm

He doesn't steal my money any more than Obama or the rest of them. Do you know anybody that doesn't take a LEGAL tax deduction?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:13 pm

Only in the mind of a lefty would keeping the money you earn be considered stealing.

They believe they are entitled to your labor.

I would love for one liberal to explain to me how someone's "fair share" can be ZERO.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:29 pm

Excellent reply, Outer!!!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:35 pm

WHL wrote:He doesn't steal my money any more than Obama or the rest of them.  Do you know anybody that doesn't take a LEGAL tax deduction?

I don't think Romney's declaration of his income as carried interest is legal, and Obama's tax rate was about twice as much as Romney's on a lot less income. Romney and the major corporations that pay little or no taxes are the biggest welfare cheats of all! The Republicans only go after poor people!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:50 pm

I don't think Obama's rate was twice as much. The news plays all kinds of games you know. You can get all kinds of different answers just like the polling statistics. I agree it isn't fair that big corporations pay little or nothing. But you can't blame just the Republicans. Who is Obama's buddy from GE a corporation that pays NO income taxes. Most of the big corporations like Monsanto and all those are huge contributors to Obama as well so he favors them. I agree with you. It should be stopped. They should pay.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who needs to cut their carbon footprint??? Empty Maybe This Post Will Awaken "Progs" from Their Stupor...

Post  News Hawk Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:18 pm

Outerlimits wrote:Only in the mind of a lefty would keeping the money you earn be considered stealing.

They believe they are entitled to your labor.

I would love for one liberal to explain to me how someone's "fair share" can be ZERO.

Yes, that was an excellent answer—but more to the point: Forbes describes News Buzzard's view as "ignorant":

"It’s simply nonsense based upon ignorance. Either the ignorance of those proposing it or perhaps worse, their playing upon our presumed ignorance of the fact (yes, fact) that companies do not pay taxes, ever. Not one single cent or penny has ever been paid in tax by a company and no system of taxation will ever be able to make them do so. So to call for higher corporate taxation is simply nonsensical."

Only the US consumers pay.

Arrow

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:30 am

So you must think it's OK for a multi-millionaire to pay a 13% tax rate on a $20 million income?

And you can't see what's wrong with this country?      scratch
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:13 am

News Buzzard wrote:So you must think it's OK for a multi-millionaire to pay a 13% tax rate on a $20 million income?

Because I know of Capitalism, I understand that millionaires keep a huge number of people employed. Russia's resurgence into Ukraine is also wrong. Russia has lots of new millionaires.

News Buzzard wrote:And you can't see what's wrong with this country?      scratch

I certainly can see what's wrong with this country, as it marches down the pathway to Authoritarianism.

No

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:38 am

So where do you think most of Mitt Romney's money is, Switzerland, Bahamas, Bermuda or a $100 million IRA? Yeah right, he's employing lots of people!! Rolling Eyes If you believe that I have a bridge for sale! (without a traffic jam)
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:44 am

Romney's Tax Rate Equal to What Obama Paid Last Year
3:09 PM, SEP 21, 2012 • BY DANIEL HALPER
Share on email 5 Send to Kindle
Single PagePrintLarger TextSmaller TextAlerts
According to a statement released by the Romney campaign that summarizes the rate of taxes the Republican presidential nominee paid between 1990 and 2009, the rate at which Mitt Romney paid taxes is approximately equal to what President Barack Obama paid last year.

"Over the entire 20-year period, the average annual effective federal tax rate was 20.20%," the Romney campaign states, based on a summary of Romney's taxes from the firm Price Waterhouse Cooper.

President Obama's tax rate in 2011 was only marginally higher, at 20.5 percent.

"The president and first lady reported a joint adjusted gross income of $789,674 last year and paid $162,074 in federal taxes, or about 20.5%, according to the tax return released Friday by the White House. That income keeps the Obamas in the top 1% of taxpayers," the Los Angeles Times reported
earlier this year.

Of course I know you won't believe this because it came from Romeny's campaign. And you are the one who likes AVERAGES!!!!!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:40 am

Marginally higher? You're kidding me, right? How do we know that post is true when Romney wouldn't show us his tax returns? Does that send up a red flag for anyone?

Obama paid 20.5% on less than $800 thousand and Romney paid 13% on $20 million! That's marginally higher?

I'm good with Camp's flat tax with a standard deduction of $22 thousand. It'll cost me more but I would rather see Romney (and Obama) pay 25% than 13%. The flat tax would be much better for our country!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:33 pm

News Buzzard wrote:"...So where do you think most of Mitt Romney's money is...?"

It's none of my business—and it also should be none of yours!

That he was a partner in opening such employment possibilities with AMC Theatres, Aspen Education Group, Brookstone, Burger King, Burlington Coat Factory, Canada Goose, Clear Channel Communications, Domino's Pizza, DoubleClick, Dunkin' Donuts, D&M Holdings, Guitar Center, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), Sealy, Sports Authority, Staples, Toys "R" Us, Warner Music Group and The Weather Channel says a great deal more than Kerry, Hillary, John Edwards, and of course, lastly, Obama.

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:57 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Marginally higher? You're kidding me, right? How do we know that post is true when Romney wouldn't show us his tax returns? Does that send up a red flag for anyone?

Obama paid 20.5% on less than $800 thousand and Romney paid 13% on $20 million! That's marginally higher?

I'm good with Camp's flat tax with a standard deduction of $22 thousand. It'll cost me more but I would rather see Romney (and Obama) pay 25% than 13%. The flat tax would be much better for our country!

It's not TWICE AS MUCH, like you said:

I don't think Romney's declaration of his income as carried interest is legal, and Obama's tax rate was about twice as much as Romney's on a lot less income. Romney and the major corporations that pay little or no taxes are the biggest welfare cheats of all! The Republicans only go after poor people!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:09 pm

WHL wrote:It's not TWICE AS MUCH, like you said:

Alright, I was wrong, so sue me! It's still an outrage that a guy making $20 million only pays a 13% tax rate, and there is definitely something wrong when he won't show us the prior returns. Like I said, I'm good with Camp's bill, are you?
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down