Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obamacare Enrollment Crushes Goal

+2
News Hawk
News Buzzard
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Obamacare Enrollment Crushes Goal - Page 3 Empty Re: Obamacare Enrollment Crushes Goal

Post  News Buzzard Fri May 02, 2014 7:46 am

WHL wrote:Can it be true, NB? Have you been pulling our leg all along and truly don't believe?????

Not true, WHL. I think it's great that people in lower income brackets can now afford health insurance and you folks are on the wrong side of history. My only disappointment with Obamacare is that it's not single payer, but despite ferocious opposition from the right it's here to stay. You won't find a politician who will repeal it now.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Obamacare Enrollment Crushes Goal - Page 3 Empty Re: Obamacare Enrollment Crushes Goal

Post  News Hawk Fri May 02, 2014 8:06 am

WHL wrote:Can it be true, NB? Have you been pulling our leg all along and truly don't believe?????

If not, I'd call it "agitprop":

Agitprop, the agitation (speech) and propaganda (print, film, and visual art) section of the Central Committee of the Communist Party, was established in August of 1920 to coordinate the propaganda work of all Soviet institutions. Agitprop was originally divided into five subsections, the two most important being the agitation subsection, which directed propaganda campaigns and supervised local press, and the political education subsection, which developed curriculum for Party schools. The three remaining subsections were concerned with publishing..."—Gale Encyclopedia of Russian History

pale

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri May 02, 2014 9:32 am

That is just hysterical!    Laughing Laughing 

I like to think that I've been blessed with common sense. We have to opportunity to take care of more of our citizens with Obamacare and we're doing the right thing by doing so. Besides, we're taking care of them anyway at taxpayer's expense, so why not do it the right way.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Fri May 02, 2014 11:06 am

News Buzzard wrote:Obamacare Truthers Get Caught In A Lie:

http://news.yahoo.com/obamacare-truthers-caught-lie-094500783--politics.html

The party is over and Obamacare is here to stay !!     cheers

EIGHT MILLION: The number of people that “signed up” for Obamacare.
SIX MILLION: The number of people that lost their Insurance.
TWO MILLION: The number of “signed up” that didn’t pay the Obamacare premium or left their purchase in the on-line shopping cart.

Your Obama bath water drinkers blog states the “Truthers” (nice touch by the way) predicted 3 million, 2 million…would sign up.

Now I completely understand that math is hard for the common core types, but it seems like the so called “truthers” have it right.

So what is the "lie" the republicans are caught in?

Reporting how many people had paid vs. how many had signed up by April 15th is not a lie.

“If you like your plan you can keep your plan" -Now that’s a lie

Or

"The attack on Benghazi was a protest about a youtube video" - that’s a doozie

Or

"The first time I heard about the IRS targeting was when I read it in the newspaper" – you get my point

Given that Obama rightfully earned the title of Liar of The Year and his administration is a cesspool, the left should be careful when throwing stones. But that is what they do. When they get caught in a lie, they accuse the other side of lying.

The only important statistic is that 83% of ObamaCare enrollees are receiving government subsidies. With only 17% paying the full cost, that means there will be a huge drain on taxpayers.

If employers drop their subsidies, the employee will pay more and the taxpayer will pick up the subsidy.

How is this a good thing again?
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri May 02, 2014 12:15 pm

You must subscribe to the FOX News Circus !    Rolling Eyes

The total Obamacare enrollment is 17.8 million !   Very Happy 

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/05/01/boehner-rush-republicans-crushed-obamacare-enrollment-hits-17-8-million.html
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri May 02, 2014 2:40 pm

News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri May 02, 2014 4:18 pm

Funny I know people who cannot afford insurance through Obamacare, NB.  It is not so wonderful for all poor people as you would have us think.  AT least that is what they tell me.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri May 02, 2014 5:30 pm

WHL wrote:Funny I know people who cannot afford insurance through Obamacare, NB.  It is not so wonderful for all poor people as you would have us think.  AT least that is what they tell me.

I have a friend who is saving $1 thousand a month, WHL, and it's something you should look into.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri May 02, 2014 6:16 pm

Well, I can't really check out what these people say but they tell me they are subsidized but still can't afford the hundred and seventy five dollars a month or whatever so they are not going to buy it.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri May 02, 2014 6:55 pm

I don't see anyone walking around without a smart phone, but they can't afford one hundred and seventy five dollars a month for health insurance ? I don't doubt your sincerity but the penalty will cost them more in a few years.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri May 02, 2014 6:56 pm

I agree with you but that is the mentality.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Obamacare Enrollment Crushes Goal - Page 3 Empty Eventually, You CAN afford this travesty...

Post  News Hawk Fri May 02, 2014 8:21 pm

Obamacare Enrollment Crushes Goal - Page 3 22789d1348857621-obama-phone-trilliondollarbill
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Obamacare Enrollment Crushes Goal - Page 3 Empty Single-Payer—A Losing Idea—A Lost Cause...

Post  News Hawk Fri May 02, 2014 8:39 pm

News Buzzard wrote:"...I think it's great that people in lower income brackets can now afford health insurance and you folks are on the wrong side of history. My only disappointment with Obamacare is that it's not single payer..."

We may be on "the wrong side of history"—Vermont's Democrats are seeing the real cost of "single payer".

"In 2011, Vermont passed the nation's first single-payer healthcare system, "Green Mountain Care."

While the law was supposed to be fully enacted by 2017, it has become apparent that there's no solid plan in place to actually pay for the healthcare of all Vermont residents. Democratic lawmakers, citing missed deadlines and past failures, have begun to call for Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin to "shelve" the plan.

“The deadlines for proposing financing have been missed two years in a row now, so to me that’s very disappointing. It’s becoming clearer and clearer that there is no financing plan,” Condon told Vermont Watchdog.

The cost of one year of Green Mountain Care is estimated to be anywhere from 1.6 to 2.2 billion dollars. This is equal to the entire tax revenue of the state of Vermont.".

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2014/03/18/vermont-democrats-labeling-states-singlepayer-health-plan-a-failure-n1810856

No

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Fri May 02, 2014 8:45 pm

Conservatives have known from the start that the true purposes of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) are:

1.) the eventual implementation of single payer;

and

2.) extortion of “acceptable” behavior on the part of the American people in return for life giving, medical care.

And the deliberately catastrophic shortcomings created by the authors of ObamaCare have put this fraudulent healthcare scheme right on track to accomplish both.

That the Affordable Care Act has little to do with providing healthcare–affordable or otherwise–could not be more obvious..."
http://www.coachisright.com/disastrous-shortage-doctors-hospitals-exactly-obamacare-authors-intended/

We knew from the start that a calamity was being born in the White House.

No

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat May 03, 2014 7:33 am

From cradle to grave.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat May 03, 2014 7:45 am

No one has said that health care is cheap, but it becomes a problem when a large percentage of our population cannot afford it. That leads to personal finances being endangered by one serious illness and then bankruptcies occur. In New Hampshire insurance coverage for a single person costs approximately $9 thousand a year, or $750 a month. Now if we were to take that single amount of $9 thousand a year and multiply it across the 620,000 citizens of Vermont the total cost would be $5.58 billion a year for health insurance. When you look at it in that light and the amount of money people, or their employers, are spending on health insurance, $2 billion a year is not a lot of money.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat May 03, 2014 7:54 am

All I'm hearing on this forum is that Obamacare is a train wreck. If that's the case then the Republicans need a new definition for train wreck because they're rapidly losing their argument on Obamacare:

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-obamacare-train-wreck-20140501,0,5431523.column#axzz30eV8ixPG
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat May 03, 2014 11:28 am

News Buzzard wrote:All I'm hearing on this forum is that Obamacare is a train wreck. If that's the case then the Republicans need a new definition for train wreck because they're rapidly losing their argument on Obamacare:

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-obamacare-train-wreck-20140501,0,5431523.column#axzz30eV8ixPG

From the same page:

"This is Why Every Major City Will Soon Be Detroit"

Unfortunately, much of it is already happening in cities across the U.S. And the stage is set for the rest to take place in a city near you.

"...Just take a look at Detroit, Michigan, which in 1960 had the highest per-capita income in the entire nation.

Today, welfare dependency has become a way of life in the once-proud Motor City.  

Roughly one-third of Detroit's 140 square miles is either vacant or derelict. There are approximately 78,000 abandoned homes in the city and local realtors offer houses for $1 and still find no takers.

A horrifying 47% of Detroit residents are functionally illiterate. Less than half of Detroit residents over the age of 16 are working. And 60% of all children in the city live in poverty..."

Obamacare Enrollment Crushes Goal - Page 3 Fullscreencapture53201485054AM_zpsdd68e19b

With Democrat calling the shots, this country is on its way to becoming Detroit.

pale

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat May 03, 2014 12:26 pm

Changing the subject is your favorite sport, and while you're at it the State of Michigan has had Republican Governors for 35 of the last 51 years, starting with George Romney ! How ironic that incompetence comes full circle !!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat May 03, 2014 1:13 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Changing the subject is your favorite sport

The above appeared at your source—thank you for leading me to it!

and while you're at it the State of Michigan has had Republican Governors for 35 of the last 51 years, starting with George Romney ! How ironic that incompetence comes full circle !!

Take a look at the City of Detroit's governance, rather than search out governors to blame.

Michigan's Republican Governors aren't found in jails—anyway...

Mayor of Detroit Kwame Kilpatrick (D) was sentenced to 18 months to 5 years in prison for violating his probation in 2010. In 2013 he was sentenced to 28 years in prison for federal charges including racketeering and extortion. (2013)[39]
Justice of the Michigan Supreme Court Diane Hathaway (D) was sentenced to 366 days in Prison for criminal mortgage fraud. (2013)
Detroit City Council member Monica Conyers (D) pleaded guilty to conspiring to commit bribery[40] and served just over 27 months at the Alderson Federal Prison Camp in West Virginia. (2010)[41]
—Wikipedia

How many years does it take for Democrat governance to screw up a city?

Question

Obamacare Enrollment Crushes Goal - Page 3 Hiroshima-detroit

And, Detroit
resonates SO well with my signature/tagline.

Very Happy

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat May 03, 2014 3:42 pm

The thread is about Obamacare, not Detroit, but you've never been good at reading comprehension anyway. You can't make an argument against Obamacare, so now it's time to divert to Detroit.  No 

You still can't make an argument against Obamacare ! That's obvious !!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Obamacare Enrollment Crushes Goal - Page 3 Empty Arguing about Reality?

Post  News Hawk Sat May 03, 2014 5:54 pm

Obamacare Enrollment Crushes Goal - Page 3 Fundamental-Transformation

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat May 03, 2014 6:49 pm

His point is well made, NB.  What happened to Detroit is going to happen to other cities and maybe to the whole country if we don't slow down on our spending.  But people like you never want to stop spending.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat May 03, 2014 8:03 pm

WHL wrote:His point is well made, NB.  What happened to Detroit is going to happen to other cities and maybe to the whole country if we don't slow down on our spending.  But people like you never want to stop spending.

The only area where our spending is excessive is the Pentagon, WHL. We spend more on defense than the next 12 countries combined. Detroit is a very complicated story, not just about spending, and other cities are not dropping like Detroit, and absolving all of the Republican governors of Michigan is just hogwash.

The thread is supposed to be about Obamacare !
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun May 04, 2014 7:38 am

Trillion and trillions of dollars isn't excessive??  Going from nine to 17 trillion in just a couple of years isn't excessive????
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next