Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canada Sets Record Volume Oil Shipped...

4 posters

Go down

Canada Sets Record Volume Oil Shipped... Empty Canada Sets Record Volume Oil Shipped...

Post  News Hawk Tue May 27, 2014 9:38 am

From Reuters...

Oil going by rail through the USA to the gulf, on trains owned by Warren Buffet who supports Obama and is against the pipeline.

Crony Capitalism at it’s finest!

Suspect 

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Canada Sets Record Volume Oil Shipped... Empty Re: Canada Sets Record Volume Oil Shipped...

Post  WHL Tue May 27, 2014 12:56 pm

I know. Isn't that ironic??  And the way these Dems talk, you would think it was the Repubs who love the big  companies and the big labor.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Canada Sets Record Volume Oil Shipped... Empty Re: Canada Sets Record Volume Oil Shipped...

Post  News Buzzard Tue May 27, 2014 1:32 pm

You two are ready for the looney bin! Buffet has been consistently in favor of the Keystone Pipeline, despite his railroad holdings:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/03/warren-buffett-keystone_n_4891038.html

In the article Buffet recommends that the rail tank be upgraded to prevent the kinds of accidents we've been seeing.

The Nebraska ranchers, mostly Republicans, are the ones against the pipeline, and they may just be the ones who scuttle it, but of course you two loons will always blame Obama! It's just good sport in the right wing world!

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/02/19/3309791/nebraska-keystone-pipeline-ruling/
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue May 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Are you kidding me?  Are you saying Obama is FOR the pipeline which he has been putting off ever since he became President?   I guess I know who is the loon!!  And are you saying Buffet doesn't LOVE Obama?  Well, I got news for you!! He does!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue May 27, 2014 1:53 pm

Did you read the second article? If the ranchers have their way and the Nebraska Public Service Commission does not approve a route, the pipeline ain't going through Nebraska! That has nothing to do with Obama. In the meantime, Buffet is for the pipeline. (first article)

The original delays in the pipeline were caused by Nebraska Governor Heineman, (Republican) not Obama, who was concerned about the original route over the water aquifer. Once they changed the route the ranchers got involved to fight it. I'm thinking that Obama is probably against the pipeline, but he had nothing to do with the delays !
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue May 27, 2014 2:24 pm

You are wrong.  Obama has been said ever since he became president that he needed to see more STUDIES to decide if he was going to allow the pipeline.  Well it doesn't take almost 6 years to study it.    And I never said anything about whether Buffet wants the pipeline or not.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue May 27, 2014 2:49 pm

WHL wrote:You are wrong.

No I'm not wrong. The Governor of Nebraska asked Obama to deny the pipeline permit because of it's route, and here is his letter:

http://www.governor.nebraska.gov/news/2011/08/31_pipeline.html

Governor Heineman is a Republican, but naturally you all chose to blame Obama for this.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue May 27, 2014 4:22 pm

Another reason is the opponent to the Keystone pipeline is a friendly fundraiser/hedge fund owner of Obama's.
https://wolfgil.forumotion.com/t1011-pipeline-still-on-hold?highlight=pipeline

There's still time to edit the pipeline article in Wikipedia (below):
Rolling Eyes

The Keystone XL proposal faced criticism from environmentalists and some members of the United States Congress. In January 2012, President Barack Obama rejected the application amid protests about the pipeline's impact on Nebraska's environmentally sensitive Sand Hills region.[6] TransCanada Corporation changed the original proposed route of Keystone XL to minimize "disturbance of land, water resources and special areas"; the new route was approved by Nebraska Governor Dave Heineman in January 2013.[5]

On April 18, 2014 the Obama administration announced that the review of the controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline has been extended indefinitely, until at least after the November 4, 2014 mid-term United States elections.[7]
—Wikipedia

study 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue May 27, 2014 4:34 pm

The pipeline approval is up in the air because the ranchers won their lawsuit:

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/02/19/3309791/nebraska-keystone-pipeline-ruling/

I know it's difficult to let the facts get in the way of your anti-Obama narrative, but you're just spouting false talking points that are forever perpetuated by the likes of FOX. (Koch Network News)
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue May 27, 2014 5:08 pm

Give up on him, NH.  He is going to twist it all around to fit his purposes and in this case his purpose seems to be that Obama is not the one who has been holding up the pipeline. I just can't believe you NB.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue May 27, 2014 5:46 pm

WHL wrote:Give up on him, NH.  He is going to twist it all around to fit his purposes and in this case his purpose seems to be that Obama is not the one who has been holding up the pipeline. I just can't believe you NB.

Yes, I know, but notice he thinks that using Commie Saul Alinsky tactics will always win the day for "Progressives".

He probably enjoys paying $4 a gallon.  Every gas-stop I make runs $40 to $50 that would otherwise be directed at hardware or food—which, of the latter, is getting its share of Obama's inflationary strategy.

Because another nation is involved, any pipeline crossing the USA/Canada border must receive approval from Obama (or whoever is President at the time).

In January, the State Department issued a report saying it had no major environmental objections to the pipeline but stopped short of recommending final approval...

Ex-President Bill Clinton also came out in favor in 2012, noting that the pipeline’s redrawn route avoided Nebraska’s ecologically sensitive Sand Hills region.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2014/0418/Keystone-XL-pipeline-New-delay-could-move-decision-beyond-midterms-video
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue May 27, 2014 6:04 pm

And the price of gas hurts the economy too.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, however the Dems. don't seem to "get it".
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue May 27, 2014 6:28 pm

Twist it all around ? I showed you a letter from the Republican Governor of Nebraska asking that the pipeline be postponed and I'm twisting it all around? Then you blame the gas prices on Obama. (of course) Ask your cousins, WHL, how much they're paying for oil down at Sprague Energy and their answer will be about $3 a gallon, so out of the $3.60 per gallon they're charging they have to give $3 of it to the terminal. That's Obama's fault ? Who the hell is really using Saul Alinsky's tactics?    scratch
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed May 28, 2014 8:32 am

News Hawk wrote:Every gas-stop I make runs $40 to $50 that would otherwise be directed at hardware or food

Every time you dump that 40 to 50 bucks into your gas tank just think about how wonderful your beloved capitalism is, comrade !  Razz
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Wed May 28, 2014 9:18 am

News Buzzard wrote:Every time you dump that 40 to 50 bucks into your gas tank just think about how wonderful your beloved capitalism is, comrade !  Razz

What would be the “progressive” plan to lower the price at the pumps?

Make the rich pay more?

I know…Set up a “free market exchange” for gasoline where the Federal Government subsidizes the oil companies and the consumers.

Or maybe they could just go to the single payer system where the Feds just take over the Big Oil. After all, it worked so well in Venezuela.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed May 28, 2014 9:37 am

How about allowing for free market competition and eliminating price fixing! I wonder if that has ever occurred to you ?
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Wed May 28, 2014 10:02 am

Are you finally seeing the light?  Very Happy 

A free market is a market economy in which the forces of supply and demand are free of intervention by a government, price-setting monopolies, or other authority.

Lets’ get away from the controlled market or regulated market, in which government intervenes in supply and demand through non-market methods such as laws creating barriers to market entry or directly setting prices.

I am guessing you are actually advocating a system where the means of production are either publicly owned or socially owned as cooperatives and operated in a market economy.

That is not really a free market either and that system has also failed miserably in the past.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed May 28, 2014 11:40 am

A free market must be done within reason. If you're telling me that all safety regulations will be shed in the free market, then I'm not in. I like Warren Buffet's idea that all oil carrying tank cars should be upgraded, because there is a real chance that Keystone is not going to be approved if the well moneyed Nebraska ranchers have their way. I don't think Keystone should be approved anyway.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down