Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NB Would Like California...

+2
WHL
News Hawk
6 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

NB Would Like California... - Page 2 Empty Re: NB Would Like California...

Post  News Hawk Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:07 am

By Joseph Perkins

“California is the worst! They are doing everything possible to drive business out of their state. If it were not for the climate, they would have lost half their population.”

That was the damning comment of one of the 650 business leaders surveyed by CEO Magazine for its annual ranking of the best and worst states for business. Such sentiment explains why, for the eighth straight year, California ranked dead last among the 50 states in business climate.

In compiling its ranking, CEO Magazine asked chief execs to grade states in which their companies do business by various measures, including taxes and regulation, quality of workforce and living environment.

“Once the most attractive business environment, the Golden State appears,” the magazine lamented, to have slipped “deeper into the ninth circle of business hell,” a reference to Dante’s Inferno. “The economy, which used to outperform the rest of the country, now substantially underperforms.”

The evidence abounds.

California’s economy, the world’s sixth largest a decade ago, has fallen back to ninth place. Even its standing as America’s biggest state economy is in jeopardy.

Indeed, from 2000 to 2010, California’s share of the national economy shrank faster than all but three states, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis.

—CBSLocal

Detroit is on the horizon for California!

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:22 am

It should be an honor for California to come in at number 50 in the CEO's rankings. The top 10 states on their list have a 30% higher poverty rate than the rest of the states. Of course the CEO's would love to have states that legalized sweatshops. Isn't that what corporate America is all about?  No 
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

NB Would Like California... - Page 2 Empty An Honor to Be Last?

Post  News Hawk Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:41 pm

The border states have the highest poverty rate but the number changes every day—California included.

Do you think that statistics from 2008 are valid today, while the Texas office of ICE is sending new "Sweatshop Illegals" to Arizona, and dropping them off at Greyhound stations? As CEOs go, much of their reward is often in stocks of the corporation they lead—hopefully from red ink into black. You'd begrudge Lee Iacocca his financial reward? Mitt Romney frequently works upfront at zero salary.

Those funds depend on responsible leadership determinations, unlike Washington, D.C., who can freely champion causes with free money like money granted Solyndra.

CFO received $831,000 in total compensation that year.  Thus it's likely that Mr. Harrison pocketed somewhere in the range of $500,000 to $1,000,000 before the company went under.  He has refused to disclose his severance package, which may have boosted that total higher.[/b]

While Mr. Harrison might have left the situation a bit fatter financially, the firms 1,100 employees were left out to dry.  The firm violated federal laws, terminating them without the 60 day notice that is required for plant closures.  Solyndra has refused to pay these employees severance or benefits.

Solyndra is a hot topic politically as President Obama personally pushed the high risk loan.  Some argue that the government acted as a "venture capitalist" due to the high risk of the solar industry.  However, venture capitalists always charge very high interest rates on loans to safeguard themselves over financial losses from failed firms.  By contrast the government loan was almost free money with almost no interest...President Obama recently said he has "no regrets" on the decision to support loaning taxpayer money to Solyndra.http://www.dailytech.com/Solyndra+CEO+Resigns+Clip+of+Owner+Bragging+About+Govt+Handouts+Surfaces/article23011.htm

There are millions of American widows whose lives depend on the income from stocks, bonds, and mutual funds.

Should Obama take up the reins of Solyndra, and lead it into greater riches?

pirat 

NB Would Like California... - Page 2 Obamageddon_its_not_my_fault_obama_was_elected_button-r66e757b4290d460d82f12513ee1bd37c_x7j3i_8byvr_152

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:49 pm

News Hawk wrote:

Corcoran, California – One of the most famous killers in the American prison system will be walking free. On Tuesday, Charles Manson was granted parole by the California Board of Parole and authorized by California Governor Jerry Brown.
Empire News

Evil or Very Mad

Hoax.

Op-Ed: Thousands fall for Charles Manson 'parole' hoax

http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/odd+news/op-ed-thousands-fall-for-charles-manson-parole-hoax/article/385956#ixzz340oWSykw

Panic spread through the United States as thousands of social media enthusiasts shared the big news that infamous cult leader Charles Manson would be paroled.

Little did they realize, it was all a hoax.

The story originated with an article written by a satirical news website called Empire News.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

NB Would Like California... - Page 2 Empty It's California...

Post  News Hawk Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:06 am

"Fiction can be fun, but it's always important to be able to distinguish fiction from fact.

The fact of the matter is that Charles Manson is probably not going anywhere, anytime, soon".

http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/odd+news/op-ed-thousands-fall-for-charles-manson-parole-hoax/article/385956#ixzz340oWSykw

Satire always comes with a modicum of truth to make it believable.

study

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:46 pm

News Hawk wrote:

"Fiction can be fun, but it's always important to be able to distinguish fiction from fact.

The fact of the matter is that Charles Manson is probably not going anywhere, anytime, soon".

Satire always comes with a modicum of truth to make it believable.

study

I reckon he'll be going somewhere before too much longer.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

NB Would Like California... - Page 2 Empty More Democrat Voters, Just Like NB Wants...

Post  News Hawk Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:14 am

SAN DIEGO — It wasn’t long after the new manager started her job at the El Cajon branch of the Department of Motor Vehicles that she noticed something was wrong.

The passing scores for driver tests just weren’t adding up. The written test and the driving test aren’t usually given the same day. So how could drivers be passing both tests just minutes apart?

It turns out they weren’t. Many of those drivers hadn’t even taken the tests.

Her suspicions launched an FBI probe that revealed a corruption scheme that peddled more than 100 fraudulent driver’s licenses for bribes to DMV employees in excess of $20,000.

The case provides a glimpse into just how easy, and for how little money, official driver’s licenses can be bought and sold, and the potential threat such corruption poses to our national security.

Thirty-one people were charged, from the owner of an El Cajon driving school who masterminded the scam to a DMV supervisor to immigrant drivers who hit the roads with these licenses.

All but one, a fugitive, have pleaded guilty.
San Diego Union Tribune

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:19 pm

Now how is that post not a venomous insult hurled in my direction ? You equate me with liking people who commit fraud as more Democratic voters who I would want. That's not true. Why is it OK for you to insult me, but when I throw any insults around WHL gets all twisted ? Shouldn't there be fairness in moderation ?
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:40 pm

It's always been a double standard with these three, that's why most people just pass through here...
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:01 pm

Please tell me where in that post NH is pointing a finger at you????   It never even crossed my mind to think of you. What am I missing?  You must either have a guilty conscience or are paranoid.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:59 pm

WHL wrote:Please tell me where in that post NH is pointing a finger at you????   It never even crossed my mind to think of you. What am I missing?  You must either have a guilty conscience or are paranoid.

The title of NH's post is More Democrat Voters, just like NB wants... and then the body of the post is about a corruption scheme in the San Diego Motor Vehicle office. How is that not insulting to me ?

Do you need me to draw pictures, WHL

News Hawk does this crap all the time and I've always blown in off until you got your bloomers in a bunch over my post. Get real, insults are returned with insults and if you want a fight, you got it !
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:01 pm

News Pigeon wrote:It's always been a double standard with these three, that's why most people just pass through here...

Passing through is like surrender to me, News Pigeon. These idiots require constant fact checking, and that's why I'm still here.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:25 pm

I know...... but it's still a very depressing forum!
I can't imagine what would cause people to be this hateful.....
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:40 pm

News Pigeon wrote:I know......   but it's still a very depressing forum!
I can't imagine what would cause people to be this hateful.....

It's quite obvious that racism still runs deep in this country, so that's what we have to deal with !
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:46 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Now how is that post not a venomous insult hurled in my direction ?

Because you support the Motor-Voter program?

scratch

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:25 pm

News Hawk wrote:
News Buzzard wrote:Now how is that post not a venomous insult hurled in my direction ?

scratch

I rest my case, WHL  No
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

NB Would Like California... - Page 2 Empty California Learns from Australia...

Post  News Hawk Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:23 pm

Do you have a bank account that you don’t actively use or a safe deposit box that you have not checked on for a while? If so, you might want to see if the government has grabbed your money. This sounds absolutely crazy, but it is true. All over the world, governments are shortening the time periods required before they can seize “dormant bank accounts” and “unclaimed property”.

In this day and age, broke governments all over the globe are searching for “creative ways” to raise revenues. In Australia for example, the time period required before the federal government could seize a dormant bank account was reduced from seven to three years, and this resulted in an unprecedented windfall for the Australian government over the past 12 months…

The federal government has seized a record $360 million from household bank accounts that have been dormant for just three years, prompting outrage in some quarters amid complaints that pensioners and retirees have lost deposits.

Figures from the Australian Security and Investments Commission (ASIC) show almost $360 million was collected from 80,000 inactive accounts in the year to May under new rules introduced by Labor.

The rule change has delivered the government a massive bonanza with the money collected in the year to May more than the total collected in the past five decades combined.

Most Americans are not going to be too concerned about this because it is happening on the other side of the planet.

But did you know that this is happening all over the U.S. as well?

For instance, the waiting period in the state of California used to be fifteen years.

Now it is just three years.

And when California grabs your money they don’t just sit around waiting for you to come and claim it. Instead, it gets dumped directly into the general fund and spent.

If you do not believe that California does this, just check out the following information that comes directly from the official website of the California State Controller’s Office…

The State acquires unclaimed property through California’s Unclaimed Property Law, which requires “holders” such as corporations, business associations, financial institutions, and insurance companies to annually report and deliver property to the Controller’s Office after there has been no customer contact for three years. Often the owner forgets that the account exists, or moves and does not leave a forwarding address or the forwarding order expires. In some cases, the owner dies and the heirs have no knowledge of the property.

And it is not just bank accounts and safe deposit boxes that are covered by California law. The reality is that a vast array of different kinds of “unclaimed property” are covered…

The most common types of Unclaimed Property are:

Bank accounts and safe deposit box contents

Stocks, mutual funds, bonds, and dividends

Uncashed cashier’s checks or money orders

Certificates of deposit

Matured or terminated insurance policies

Estates

Mineral interests and royalty payments, trust funds, and escrow accounts.

And when a state government grabs your property, the consequences can be absolutely devastating. The following is an excerpt from an ABC news report from a few years ago…

San Francisco resident Carla Ruff’s safe-deposit box was drilled, seized, and turned over to the state of California, marked “owner unknown.”

“I was appalled,” Ruff said. “I felt violated.”

Unknown? Carla’s name was right on documents in the box at the Noe Valley Bank of America location. So was her address — a house about six blocks from the bank. Carla had a checking account at the bank, too — still does — and receives regular statements. Plus, she has receipts showing she’s the kind of person who paid her box rental fee. And yet, she says nobody ever notified her.

“They are zealously uncovering accounts that are not unclaimed,” Ruff said.

To make matters worse, Ruff discovered the loss when she went to her box to retrieve important paperwork she needed because her husband was dying. Those papers had been shredded.

And that’s not all. Her great-grandmother’s precious natural pearls and other jewelry had been auctioned off. They were sold for just $1,800, even though they were appraised for $82,500.

So much for setting aside money for a rainy day and having the discipline to never touch it.

As economic conditions get even worse, the temptation for governments all over the planet to grab private bank accounts is going to become even greater.
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/australia-seizes-360m-from-dormant-bank-accounts-and-all-50-u-s-states-are-doing-this-too_062014#sthash.6FAdqcK3.dpuf

"Becoming Detroit" is not too distant...

pale 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:33 pm

NB Would Like California... - Page 2 Tea_pot_tantrum_1128485
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:20 am

Three posts right in a row and you guys talking about three of us on this forum-you called us idiots, hateful and racists.  I don't think any of us have directly called you anything like that.  NH like Democrats LIKE NB, he didn't say YOU in particular!  Feeling guilty?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:30 am

News Buzzard wrote:
News Hawk wrote:

scratch

I rest my case, WHL  No
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:16 am

WHL wrote:Three posts right in a row and you guys talking about three of us on this forum-you called us idiots, hateful and racists.  I don't think any of us have directly called you anything like that.

Yeah, right....how quickly you forget just how nasty you all have been to us! How long did you allow fshnski to call us nasty names? It only ended because he got run off of here by someone using his own brand of "nasty"... NH continually pisses off everyone who tries to post but that's OK with you??????
you can't allow inconsistency and think that we will keep the peace....do your job if you don't like it.
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:58 pm

News Pigeon wrote:
WHL wrote:Three posts right in a row and you guys talking about three of us on this forum-you called us idiots, hateful and racists.  I don't think any of us have directly called you anything like that.

Yeah, right....how quickly you forget just how nasty you all have been to us! How long did you allow fshnski to call us nasty names? It only ended because he got run off of here by someone using his own brand of "nasty"... NH continually pisses off everyone who tries to post but that's OK with you??????
 you can't allow inconsistency and think that we will keep the peace....do your job if you don't like it.

They have selective memory, News Pigeon. It's do as they say, not as they do.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:25 pm

yep.....now back to the topic of this thread.

NB Would Like California... (BTW, like  that's not meant as an insult?)

I love Ca, they have some of the best organic produce you can find, they have very progressive colleges/universities, the people are very concerned with eco/enviro matters...what's not to love?
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:07 pm

News Pigeon wrote:yep.....now back to the topic of this thread.

NB Would Like California... (BTW, like  that's not meant as an insult?)

I love Ca, they have some of the best organic produce you can find, they have very progressive colleges/universities, the people are very concerned with eco/enviro matters...what's not to love?

I love California as well ! San Diego has the best climate in the country ! The coastline is beautiful and San Francisco is breathtaking. I had my ride on the cable car and drove down Lombard St. I would love to see the stadium where the Giants play !  Very Happy
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:49 pm

The coastline IS beautiful...a few yrs ago we stayed at this B&B in Elk Ca, what an incredibly beautiful area...
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32347-d113983-Reviews-Greenwood_Pier_Inn-Elk_Mendocino_County_California.html#LIGHTBOXVIEW

The other side around the Sierra Nevada's is also quite beautiful, Lake Tahoe is in that area.
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next