Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More taxes than ever but still have deficit.

+2
News Buzzard
WHL
6 posters

Go down

More taxes than ever but still have deficit. Empty More taxes than ever but still have deficit.

Post  WHL Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:35 am

http://dailysignal.com/2014/10/21/thanks-obamas-tax-hikes-tax-revenue-surpasses-3-trillion-first-time-ever/

Yet we still have a deficit as the article says.  We NEED to slow spending.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

More taxes than ever but still have deficit. Empty Re: More taxes than ever but still have deficit.

Post  News Buzzard Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:28 am

A bad economy doesn't produce $3 trillion in revenue, so the article only confirms an improving economy. Our spending has leveled off considerably under Obama, and you like to give credit to the Republicans for that, but the truth is our roads, bridges and other infrastructure are still falling apart. It was President Bush who proposed the first $3 trillion budget and the Great Recession that resulted from his failed economy only guaranteed future deficit spending as the economy flushed out 8 million jobs. It was President Bush who ramped up the Pentagon budget by 100% and created the Department of Homeland Security, and it was President Bush who passed the biggest and most dangerous tax cuts in our history. You can't fight 2 wars that cost trillions and give away the store in tax cuts at the same time! Do the math!!! The United States is still one of the lowest taxed countries in the world!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

More taxes than ever but still have deficit. Empty Re: More taxes than ever but still have deficit.

Post  Outerlimits Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:00 pm

WHL wrote:http://dailysignal.com/2014/10/21/thanks-obamas-tax-hikes-tax-revenue-surpasses-3-trillion-first-time-ever/

Yet we still have a deficit as the article says.  We NEED to slow spending.

WHL,

Just think of how much debt we would have if the Republicans didn’t take the House.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:05 pm

You are not kidding, Outer!!! Who KNOWS what taxes they would have come up with, but I am sure there would have been plenty!!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:43 pm

That's just great! The Republicans came to the rescue after they ran the country into the ground!!!

We still have major problems that are not receiving anywhere near the funding needed to solve them. We just saw that we are not anywhere near the levels needed to take care of our soldiers who served us. The congress did a stopgap measure, but so much more is needed. The same goes for our highways. We're not spending anywhere near the amount of money needed to maintain them. It really pisses me off that our little town has to subsidize the state with these "Municipally Managed" projects. "Municipally Managed" is short for the state is not doing it's job. They just put a shim coat on Pine Hill Rd (109A) when the road needs much more extensive work than that. Pine Hill Rd is once again going to be a mess in 2 years time. Our youth is barely able to afford college, and the Republicans don't even have the decency to get them low interest rates. Our healthcare system is the most expensive in the world, with a lot of "special interest" fingers in the cookie jar, and the only way out the Republicans can see is to take Medicare away from seniors. After this most recent Ebola Delerium we discover that the CDC and NIH had hundreds of millions of dollars cut from their budgets. Local governments used to get a generous government grant for infrastructure issues, like sewer systems, but that is no more. The best we can now do with any project is a 33% grant, instead of what used to be an 85% grant. In our town we have to go back to square one with our wastewater disposal system, and the most obvious solution is to pipe our wastewater through Alton and around the lake to Gilford, where we would be hooked up to the Franklin sewer plant. Alton would love to be on sewers as they have a lot of septic systems sitting right on Alton Bay. The whole problem is money. It's a 21 mile run to pipe our wastewater over to Ellacoya at a cost of over $1 million a mile. We can't afford that and neither can Alton, but that means too much nitrogen and phosphates will be washing into Lake Winnipesaukee for generations to come. The list goes on and on.........

The Republicans want this to be a third world country so they can keep taxes low for their masters!!!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Yet we spend money on stuff like this. How many more examples would you like, NB?

Washington is often accused of doing nothing, and the current Congress is on track to be one of the least productive in history.

However, as CBS News correspondent Nancy Cordes reports, there is one area where Congress has stayed busy -- spending money.

One government program spent $190,000 to study compost digested by worms. Another $856,000 went to train mountain lions to walk on treadmills, $10,000 for an Oregon children's theater production of "Zombie in Love" and $46,000 for a snowmobile competition in Michigan. Also, $414,000 was spent to update an Army video game meant to spur recruitment, a project already more than $25 million over budget.

All this, plus rabbit massages at Ohio State University, butterfly farms on Oklahoma tribal lands and an Iron Man suit under development at the Department of Defense.

These expenses all feature in Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn's annual "Wastebook," a ranking of 2014's top 100 worst examples of government waste, including out-of-this-world spending on research projects designed by grade school students to be sent to the International Space Station.

"Laughing classes -- we're paying people to understand -- to teach people how to laugh, there's a lot of serious problems in this country, well maybe the reason people aren't laughing is because the government's so inept," Coburn said.

Sen. Coburn's "Wastebook" questions $30 billion in spending
Coburn, who's retiring, has been producing the Wastebook for five years. He said it's making a difference.
"We should be ashamed that we're wasting money the way that we are," Coburn said. "So if we're watching and we're holding people accountable, we'll get better value for the taxes that we pay and we won't risk the future of our kids."

And last I knew Franklin was at capacity and could not take any more towns on it's system anyway. But that would be the best thing to do if we could.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:16 pm

For argument sake lets’ say fiscal year 2009 was George W. Bush’s (even though Obama was at the helm for 9 months)
Spending:

1. Fiscal year 2011 – 3.603 Trillion, Obama
2. Fiscal year 2012 - 3.537 Trillion, Obama
3. Fiscal year 2009 – 3.517 Trillion, George W. Bush*
4. Fiscal year 2010 – 3.457 Trillion, Obama
5. Fiscal year 2013 – 3.454 Trillion, Obama

Your guy has been running the show for almost 6 years now. He has presided over the five highest spending years in the history of this country. Combine that with record revenue, and our streets should be paved in gold.

While you believe the solution is to spend more and raise taxes… Rolling Eyes

I believe we have a management problem.

Buzzard, you keep bringing up George W. Bush's 2009 3.1 trillion United States federal budget...

Did you not see these?

2013 United States federal budget – $3.8 trillion (submitted 2012 by Obama)
2012 United States federal budget – $3.7 trillion (submitted 2011 by Obama)
2011 United States federal budget – $3.8 trillion (submitted 2010 by Obama)
2010 United States federal budget – $3.6 trillion (submitted 2009 by Obama)

WHL, Isn’t that the type of items Obama claimed he would cut out with a scalpel? Shocked
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:22 pm

There is no question there is a management problem not a funding problem. And yes, Obama lies all the time. When he speaks he often makes it sound like he is saying one thing when he really means another. Like from the very beginning, his hope and change sounded wonderful to the low information voters. But if you really knew what kind of hope and change he wanted, you realize he wanted to totally change this country to a Communist country. Thank God the Republicans took over the Congress to put a halt to most of his hope and change.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:22 pm

Outerlimits wrote:For argument sake lets’ say fiscal year 2009 was George W. Bush’s (even though Obama was at the helm for 9 months)  
Spending:
Buzzard, you keep bringing up George W. Bush's 2009 3.1 trillion United States federal budget...

Did you not see these?

2013 United States federal budget – $3.8 trillion (submitted 2012 by Obama)
2012 United States federal budget – $3.7 trillion (submitted 2011 by Obama)
2011 United States federal budget – $3.8 trillion (submitted 2010 by Obama)
2010 United States federal budget – $3.6 trillion (submitted 2009 by Obama)

Outerlimits, there is no arguments sake, the first 9 months of the Obama Administration was Bush's budget. That is a fact, not "argument's sake", and only very stupid people won't realize that Obama had no choice but to continue the deficit spending because of the Bush wars, tax cuts and recession! It was a very clever hatchet job, buddy but not good for the Republicans in the long term. No
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:54 pm

WHL wrote:Yet we spend money on stuff like this.  How many more examples would you like, NB?

Washington is often accused of doing nothing, and the current Congress is on track to be one of the least productive in history.

However, as CBS News correspondent Nancy Cordes reports, there is one area where Congress has stayed busy -- spending money.

Have you ever bothered to research which politicians are responsible for these particular program funding bills? After a quick search, I couldn't find any info that wasn't just a regurgitation of Tom Colburns book?? I think it would be very telling if we had the answer to that question, who are the politicians behind these programs?? Let's name names...
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:49 am

I don't care who approves a waste of our money. The fact is we need better management not more taxes. Get rid of waste. I know if the dens approve it you will think it is ok. I don't but I also don't think it is ok if the repubs approve the waste.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  red_hill Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:34 am

News Pigeon wrote:
WHL wrote:Yet we spend money on stuff like this.  How many more examples would you like, NB?

Have you ever bothered to research which politicians are responsible for these particular program funding bills? After a quick search, I couldn't find any info that wasn't just a regurgitation of Tom Colburns book?? I think it would be very telling if we had the answer to that question, who are the politicians behind these programs?? Let's name names...
Both parties grind pork. That does not make it right.

red_hill

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:57 am

That's right. The difference between you and me, Red, and NB and NP is we can see another side to things whereas they can't. We are willing to admit when the Repubs "grind pork" we don't like it. They would never say that about the Dems.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:09 am

red_hill wrote:
Both parties grind pork. That does not make it right.

My point exactly....don't point fingers at one party when it's a well known fact that MOST politicians "bring home the bacon" for their state.
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:43 am

WHL wrote:That's right.  The difference between you and me, Red, and NB and NP is we can see another side to things whereas they can't.  We are willing to admit when the Repubs "grind pork" we don't like it.  They would never say that about the Dems.

I'll post it once again before you scrub it WHL...you don't know how I think so don't even try!!

News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:10 am

It was not WHL and that is not what you posted last time.

Admin
Admin

https://wolfgil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:45 am

Well it certainly was what I posted previously but I'm used to the selective censorship here...it just proves that she can't prove her points.....and that you have to bail her out once again!!!
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  red_hill Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:51 am

The President should have a line item veto power. That means the Legislature needs to create and pass a budget. This country is dysfunctional Sad

red_hill

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:08 pm

News Pigeon wrote:Well it certainly was what I posted previously but I'm used to the selective censorship here...it just proves that she can't prove her points.....and that you have to bail her out once again!!!

I don't even know what I have to prove this time????
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down