Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaheen declared the winner

4 posters

Go down

Shaheen declared the winner Empty Shaheen declared the winner

Post  obervantone Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:31 pm

With 33% of the vote counted the Associated Press is declring Jeanne Shaheen the winner in the U-S Senate race over Scott Brown 52% to 48%  21:30:50

Brown finally calls Senator Shaheen to congratulate her 23:47
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Shaheen declared the winner Empty Re: Shaheen declared the winner

Post  WHL Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:30 am

Well, well, well, guess you and NB live in the right state. NP should live in NH too. How could NH turn so liberal over the years????
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:54 am

I just came upon this statement:

Libertarians are flooding into Red Hampshire thanks to the ‘Free State Project’, and now the state has turned blue. Coincidence? I don’t think so.

pale

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:59 am

Congratulations to Senator Shaheen, who has dedicated years of her life to the citizens of New Hampshire!

The Republicans successfully ran against Obama, and now they'll be faced with the daunting task of actually having to do something! That's extremely important to them as they'll be defending a lot more seats in 2016!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Flooding? Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:23 am

News Hawk

Libertarians are flooding into Red Hampshire thanks to the ‘Free State Project’, and now the state has turned blue. Coincidence? I don’t think so.

And how many Libertarians ran for office and won yesterday as part of this flood?
You had no problem with Scotty boy moving to New Hampshire to run for U-S Senate when he lost the seat in Massachusetts.

Just speculation on my part but I am pretty sure that the power in Concord did not shift from Red to Blue, you can do the research if you are so inclined.
Exactly where did you run across this quote anyway?

Flooding?

Back to top Go down

Shaheen declared the winner Empty Flooding into NH?

Post  obervantone Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:56 am

The post above is mine, I just forgot to log in opps Embarassed
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:24 pm

Flooding? wrote:
News Hawk

And how many Libertarians ran for office and won yesterday as part of this flood?  

You had no problem with Scotty boy moving to New Hampshire to run for U-S Senate when he lost the seat in Massachusetts.  

Just speculation on my part but I am pretty sure that the power in Concord did not shift from Red to Blue, you can do the research if you are so inclined.
Exactly where did you run across this quote anyway?
The quote is from an opinion piece, Scott Brown is "close-enough" to MA and NH to run. It's not like Hillary chose New York as "close to Arkansas".

Libertarians are nicknamed "Losertarians" for a reason. They get on the ballot, and very often cause a Republican to lose.  They would be good "plants" for Democrats to take the prize, but Libertarians appear to mess things up all by themselves.

No

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:45 pm

At least Guinta won. I am very disappointed that NH has become so liberal. I would like to know why!!!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shaheen declared the winner Empty Speaking of Libertarians:

Post  News Hawk Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:07 pm

This year, many of the Republican losses (e.g. Virginia ) and runoffs (e.g. Louisiana ) came as a result of Libertarians siphoning votes away from Republicans.

No

Utah's Mia Love should have won in 2012 had the Libertarian, Jim L. Vein not taken nearly 3% of the votes from Republicans. She won this time!

pirat

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:48 pm

News Hawk

Libertarians are nicknamed "Losertarians" for a reason. They get on the ballot, and very often cause a Republican to lose.  They would be good "plants" for Democrats to take the prize, but Libertarians appear to mess things up all by themselves.

This year, many of the Republican losses (e.g. Virginia ) and runoffs (e.g. Louisiana ) came as a result of Libertarians siphoning votes away from Republicans

Your last two comments seem to be at odds with the first comment...I know, what's new about that?...in the first you blame Libertarians that are flooding into New Hampshire turning the state blue, but in the second and third you acknowledge that Libertarians draw votes away from Republicans.  If they are so liberal how is it that they draw votes from Republican candidates?

Conclusion; if your opinion piece was correct in its assumption then New Hampshire would be a deep deep red and not the purple that it is becoming.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:50 pm

obervantone wrote:"...in the first you blame Libertarians that are flooding into New Hampshire turning the state blue,
That was a quote of another's opinion.

obervantone wrote:"...but in the second and third you acknowledge that Libertarians draw votes away from Republicans.  If they are so liberal how is it that they draw votes from Republican candidates?
Libertarians don't have consistent political planks: they're known as "The Republican's Confused Cousins".
pale

obervantone wrote:"...Conclusion; if your opinion piece was correct in its assumption then New Hampshire would be a deep deep red and not the purple that it is becoming.
All that's apparent is that New Hampshire's demographics are changing—and not necessarily towards American Conservatism. The "Old Guard" is retiring to Arizona and Florida, I guess.

scratch

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:55 pm

News Hawk
obervantone wrote:
"...in the first you blame Libertarians that are flooding into New Hampshire turning the state blue,
That was a quote of another's opinion.
Since you did not state a source when you posted it, you posted it as your own. If you did not agree with it why would you post it to make your misguided point?
obervantone wrote:
"...Conclusion; if your opinion piece was correct in its assumption then New Hampshire would be a deep deep red and not the purple that it is becoming.
All that's apparent is that New Hampshire's demographics are changing—and not necessarily towards American Conservatism. The "Old Guard" is retiring to Arizona and Florida, I guess.
Something that you would know about being a legal resident of Florida, yes?
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down