Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arlene Bean

3 posters

Go down

Arlene Bean Empty Arlene Bean

Post  WHL Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:55 am

I just read on Facebook that Arlene Bean died. She was quite a character and well known-a long time Wolfeboro resident. RIP, Arlene.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Arlene Bean Empty Re: Arlene Bean

Post  News Hawk Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:14 pm

That family is huge in Wolfeboro.

In what way(s) would one have known her?

(Example: where employed?)

scratch
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:21 pm

I don't know where she worked. I don't think she worked now because of her age. She was just a character.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:21 am

Did Wolfeboro give her that ceremonial walking cane?

Question
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:24 am

No, I don't think she was that old. If I see her obit somewhere, I will post it for you.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:52 am

This was in the GSN.

Arlene Bean
Longtime Wolfeboro resident who was active in Legion Auxiliary

WOLFEBORO — Arlene E. Bean, 86, of Wolfeboro passed away peacefully Jan. 28 at Portsmouth Regional Hospital.
She was born in Lynn, Mass., on Aug. 9, 1926, the daughter of Harry and Gertrude (Richmond) Henry.
She moved to Wolfeboro in 1947.
She worked as a waitress at different hotels and restau- rants. She also received her CAN certification from Hug- gins Hospital and worked at Mountain View Nursing Home for a few years. Before retiring, she was head house- keeper at Brewster Academy.

She was born Dec. 16, 1932, in Rochester, the daughter of the late Joseph and Angelina (McNeil) Paul. She graduated from Nute High School in Milton, where she played bas- ketball as a young woman. She later married Donald P. Libby and had lived in Union
She was past president and a very active member of the American Legion Auxil- lary Post 18.
She leaves her eight chil- dren: David Marble of Largo, Fla;DeborahBeanof Casper, Wyo.; Cindy Bean of Rochester; Richard R. Bean of Cranston, R.I.; Holly F. Bean of Tuftonboro; Sue Anne Taylor of Annapolis, Md.; Leon E. Bean of Wolfeboro and Melanie Smart of Fellsmere, Fla.; and her brother, Richard Clough of South Berwick, Maine.
Her daughter, Judith Ann Smith, and her “soulmate,” Lawrence A. Smart, both pre-
Josephine Libby
Leaves family in area
for many years. She enjoyed camping, hik-
ing with friends and had a lifelong love of swimming. She was a dedicated worker at Thompson Center Arms for over 25 years. She loved and cared for her family and friends and was dearly loved in return.
She leaves her son, Brian Libby of Errol; four grand- children: Misty Libby of Malden, Mass.; Jason Libby
deceased her. In her life she loved her
children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She was to become a great-great- grandmother in May.
She enjoyed her wildlife animals in her yard includ- ing wild turkeys, deer, squir- rels and her cat.
A celebration of life will be held at Baker-Gagne Fu- neral Home in Wolfeboro on Feb.9at1p.m.
In lieu of flowers, all do- nations may be made to the Humane Society of Ossipee.
To sign an online guest book, visit www.baker-gag- nefuneralhomes.com.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Arlene Bean Empty Arlene Bean

Post  Winter Harbor Veteran Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:19 am

Arlene Bean was married to Bud Bean, I think his name was Leon.
He was one of many cousins of Lester Bean, KRHS Transportation Supervisor and Farmer, and also Howard Bean, who owned Wolfeboro OIl
Leon Jr. a Carpenter lives in the old homestead on Varney Rd. He has many siblings. Arlene was a smart lady.

Winter Harbor Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum