Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Stock Market is Doing Well...

5 posters

Go down

The Stock Market is Doing Well... Empty The Stock Market is Doing Well...

Post  News Hawk Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:25 am

The below article is "on target"; however, there's much I've left out, so go to the link and you'll see America's economic future as I see it. pale

"In fact, the truth is that things just keep getting worse for average Americans."

(snip)

"Actually, despite all of the reckless money printing that the Fed has been doing, I expect that at some point we are going to see another wave of panic hit the financial markets like we saw back in 2008. The false stock market bubble will burst, major banks will fail and the financial system will implode. It could unfold something like this...

1 - A derivatives panic hits the "too big to fail" banks.

2 - Financial markets all over the globe crash.

3 - The credit markets freeze up.

4 - Economic activity in the United States starts to grind to a halt.

5 - Unemployment rises above 20 percent and mortgage defaults soar to unprecedented levels.

6 - Tax revenues fall dramatically and austerity measures are implemented by the federal government, state governments and local governments.

7 - The rest of the globe rapidly loses confidence in the U.S. financial system and begins to dump U.S. debt and U.S. dollars

Watch those "derivatives", and watch what happens when the US Dollar folds.

Suspect

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/federal-reserve-money-printing-is-the-real-reason-why-the-stock-market-is-soaring
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

The Stock Market is Doing Well... Empty Re: The Stock Market is Doing Well...

Post  WHL Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:50 am

It's kind of like too good to be true. It can't last with the economy in the shape it's in.

BTW, this forum is working very slowly for me this morning, anyone else?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:10 am

WHL wrote:BTW, this forum is working very slowly for me this morning, anyone else?
Join the switch to dial-up!

Very Happy
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:46 am

Oh, God, I couldn't stand it. You know when I had it, it didn't bother me but I know it would drive me crazy now.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:00 pm

The stock Market is doing well (because the fed is printing money).

The economy on the other-hand…is contracting.

Of course this could not be Obama’s fault and Bush has been out for four long years…

But never fear…there is somebody to blame.

White House press secretary Jay Carney laid the blame for a surprise economic contraction squarely at the feet of congressional Republicans Wednesday, saying economic threats during the "fiscal cliff" negotiations had prevented important defense spending.

For those with a memory…

Carney said months ago that there would be no layoffs or spending reductions due to the fiscal cliff talks because nothing was set in stone. They even went out of their way to tell their contractors NOT to put out WARN notices to the workers.

And then said even if they went over the fiscal cliff that it would be March-May before any real layoffs had to happen.

I guess Carney’s statement “evolved”.

One must have a good memory these days because the press if full of idiots that are too star-struck to question the "edicts from on high".
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:25 pm

Yes, it still has to be someone else's fault. Anyone but Obama. The press IS full of idiots, or if not idiots, liberals who worship Obama. But I guess that would make them idiots. Smile
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:47 pm

It is amazing to me how ONE person could be so wrong about everything. Back when Obama was a Senator, Some of his colleagues stated he was the least qualified man in every room he walked into. For the life of me, I forgot who said it (it wasn’t Rush).
Today this man occupies highest office in the land and people take his opinion as gospel.

The other day during his Amnesty Campaign in Vegas he stated:

“A lot of folks forget that most of us used to be them.”

NO, most of us were BORN HERE and not here illegally.

But the Obama masses just agree with the fool.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:11 pm

I totally agree with you. He has done nothing but mess this country up since he got into office, yet he is treated by some like he is a god-the annointed one. I just think that people don't have any common sense today. How can they believe what they are fed by the drive by media? Why can't they think for themselves?

Oh, are you referring to his little trip to Vegas that costs us 1.6 million just for the flight? And he acts like he is one of us??? Do we all get to take a nice vacation in Hawaii paid for by the taxpayers? Do we all get to have parties in the white house every Wed. night. with stars for the entertainment. (I wonder if he still is having them?)

If that it was a Republican with the birth certificate issue, do you think it would be pushed aside like it has been?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:05 pm

Outerlimits wrote:It is amazing to me how ONE person could be so wrong about everything. Back when Obama was a Senator, Some of his colleagues stated he was the least qualified man in every room he walked into. For the life of me, I forgot who said it (it wasn’t Rush).

Then it was Rush that repeated it every day for weeks.

"White House press secretary Jay Carney laid the blame for a surprise economic contraction squarely at the feet of congressional Republicans Wednesday, saying economic threats during the "fiscal cliff" negotiations had prevented important defense spending.
It wasn't a surprise to those of us who were "informed-voters".

"Our economy is facing a major headwinds, and that's Republicans in Congress," Carney said.
Who'da seen this coming? Question

The Commerce Department projected Wednesday that the nation's gross domestic product (GDP) shrank by 0.1 percent in the fourth quarter of 2012.

Carney said that was partially attributable to the threat of sequestration, which would implement across-the-board spending cuts if a long-term deficit deal is not reached. "This is political brinkmanship that results in one primary victim. That's American taxpayers and the American middle class," Carney said, acknowledging the GDP projection was bad news.

"I don't think anytime you see a reduction in economic growth that it's good news," he said.

Carney said economic observers were "rightly appalled" by the threat of sequestration or default to drive a debt deal, and charged that Republicans were harming the economy to the benefit of the wealthiest Americans. "It can't be we'll let sequester kick in because we insist tax loopholes remain in place for corporate jet-owners," Carney said.
No, corporate jet-owners should move their Capital out of the country. Rolling Eyes

Brendan Buck, a spokesman for Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), pointed the finger of blame for the still-looming sequester back at the White House.

"These arbitrary, automatic cuts were a creation and demand of the White House in 2011," said Buck. "Twice the House has passed legislation to replace them with common sense cuts and reforms. If there was any uncertainty late last year about the sequester, it was because [b]the Democratic-controlled Senate, per usual, never lifted a finger to pass a plan to replace it."
—americanthinker.com ...
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:01 pm

Still another assessment:

"Now its official, Obama has stopped our forward progress, and we are going backward. The U.S. economy posted a stunning drop of 0.1 percent in the fourth quarter. That fact shattered expectations for at least minimal growth. Think of that, our economy is officially going backwards. In nearly every recession in our history, by this time in the recovery, we have enjoyed 5+% growth. Our economy began its slide in January of 2007. Look it up. The Democrats took control of the purse strings of our nation in January 2007."
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:33 am

Not only that, but just this morning, I heard a list of store closing. I couldn't believe that many.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:50 pm

News Hawk wrote:
WHL wrote:Not only that, but just this morning, I heard a list of store closing. I couldn't believe that many.

Nonsense, this is a recovery—I heard it myself!

Twisted Evil

Such a recovery...most of us have never seen!

Even Jimmy Carter produced 4 times as much economic growth during his one term as Obama did during his entire first term. In fact, as Anderson notes, real GDP growth under Obama has been the worst of any President in the last 60 years! But it's even worse than that. Obama's real GDP growth has actually been less than half as much as the worst of any President in the last 60 years. In other words, even if you doubled actual GDP growth under President Obama, it would still be the worst record of any President in the last 60 years..."
—Forbes

pale

Last edited by News Hawk on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:36 pm

Where have I also heard that before???? In fact, quite a few times. Obama is doing a great job, we are recovering despite Bush's mess. SURE!!!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:26 pm

WHL wrote:Obama is doing a great job, we are recovering despite Bush's mess.

I couldn't have said that better myself. Thank you, WHL
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:47 pm

News Hawk wrote:[ this is a recovery—I heard it myself!

That's correct!
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:07 am

Reports say that Manti Te'o’s imaginary girlfriend is going to appear on the Today Show next week to introduce everybody to her twin sister, the economic recovery.

Very Happy
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:28 am

Well, well, two new "New-es" Sounds like copy cats to me, NH.

Welcome, News Pigeon and News Buzzard. How on earth are we going to keep you all straight, all the new-es? Laughing
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:04 am

The Stock Market is Doing Well... Obamacarere3
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:33 am

Triplets! News Condor has joined us also. Welcome News Condor.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:52 am

WHL wrote:Not only that, but just this morning, I heard a list of store closing. I couldn't believe that many.

Nonsense, this is a recovery—I heard it myself!

Twisted Evil

[/quote]

Even Jimmy Carter produced 4 times as much economic growth during his one term as Obama did during his entire first term. In fact, as Anderson notes, real GDP growth under Obama has been the worst of any President in the last 60 years! But it's even worse than that. Obama's real GDP growth has actually been less than half as much as the worst of any President in the last 60 years. In other words, even if you doubled actual GDP growth under President Obama, it would still be the worst record of any President in the last 60 years..."
—Forbes

pale
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:45 am

News Buzzard wrote:
WHL wrote:Obama is doing a great job, we are recovering despite Bush's mess.

I couldn't have said that better myself. Thank you, WHL
It appears that Iran's Ayatollah Khameini is cashing-in on this country's "recovery"—even though the US has long "frozen" Iran's investments:

"“Even as economic conditions in Iran deteriorate, senior Iranian leaders profit from a shadowy network of off-the-books front companies,” said Under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence David S. Cohen."
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down