Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paula Dean's in a sticky wicket.

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Paula Dean's in a sticky wicket. Empty Paula Dean's in a sticky wicket.

Post  fshnski Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:36 pm

A blubbering Paula Deen went on national TV this morning and insisted she’s not a deep-fried bigot

The celebrity chef dissolved into tears on NBC’s "Today" show, trying to explain that she’s not a racist despite admitting under oath, in a deposition, that she's used racial slurs in the past.

"It's important to me that I tell you and everyone out there what I believe and how I live my life. I believe that every creature on this earth, every one of God’s creatures, was created equal,” Deen said.

“No matter who you choose to go to bed at night with. No matter what church you go to pray. I believe that everyone should be treated equal. That's the way I was raised. That's the way I live my life.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/watch_paula_fired_makeup_today_appearance_VqRrtnVGCbr2O8snLplwKN
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Paula Dean's in a sticky wicket. Empty Re: Paula Dean's in a sticky wicket.

Post  fshnski Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:35 pm

Paula Deen has been fired, her sponsors dropped he, her restaurants were thrown out of 4 locations and she has been ridiculed and belittled across our country.

The person below was with her boyfriend, another EMT, having coffee when they were both supposed to be on duty.

"Melisa Jackson, 27, was in uniform and on-duty when she snuck away from her dispatcher job at FDNY headquarters in downtown Brooklyn in December 2009 to meet her EMT boyfriend in a nearby Au Bon Pain. But when pregnant Eutisha Rennix, 25, had a serious asthma attack, Jackson wouldn’t even walk into the back room to look at her."

Both Rennix and her unborn baby died.

There was no repercussions to either EMT.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:55 pm

That's what you get—for minding your own business.

What a Face
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:08 pm

Good one.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:35 pm

What did Paula Deen say? I haven't heard.

Remember the lifeguard who saved someone and got fired because he was out of his "territory"?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:46 pm

She admitted to using the n word to describe the person who robbed her by knifepoint. She should have lied like everybody else.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:24 pm

Wasn't it many years ago, too?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:29 pm

A police report related to Paula Deen’s current racial discrimination controversy has been made public.

Embattled Deen said in a May 17 deposition stemming from a $1.2 million discrimination lawsuit against her that the only time she used the N-word was in 1987, when she was held at gunpoint.

The police report, obtained by Inside Edition, reveals Deen’s statement after being the victim of a bank robbery.

“The man was wearing a homemade mask, green. …Very nervous, but was also very abrupt and demanding. He never took the gun out of my face,” she wrote in her own handwriting. “The robber held a small, worn paper sack. He said, ‘Fill it up. Fill it up, and quick. Fill it with $100 bills.’ …Never taking the The alleged robber’s account of the incident is also included: "I was surprised when I walked in and saw the lady that was the teller at the window, because I knew her from the downtown bank where I normally bank. I thought she would recognize me because there were some holes in the stocking covering my face. I can't remember her name, but I know who she is. She is blonde, attractive.”

The leaked police report follows the TV chef’s teary-eyed “Today” interview in which she tried to explain that she’s not a racist despite admitting under oath, in a deposition, that she's used racial slurs in the past.

"The day I used that word — it was a world ago. It was 30 years ago. I had had a gun put to my head," Deen explained in rambling retelling of the robbery.

"[Lawyers] asked me in all my 66 years on earth had I ever used it. That man was so frightened that day he put the gun to my head . . . I had gone out on a limb for him and gotten him a loan," she said.

Deen then denied reports that she had admitted to using the N-word many times over the years in jokes, “[The N-word] is just not a part of who we are.”
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:19 pm

Is this what our nation is coming to? This lady said a bad word almost 30 years ago and now it is OK to ruin her life?
This is out of control!
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:29 pm

That IS out of control. THIRTY YEARS AGO???? Sorry, if we all were fired for making one mistake like that in our life, none of us would be working, even the hypocrites who criticize these kind of things.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:45 pm

What’s happening with Paula Dean? Is it fair? I never heard of her until today, and wow, this looks like a crucifixion. Opinions, thoughts welcome. I may be wrong but aren’t we becoming something of a lynch mob culture? Is this a good example of that? What are your feelings? I think she’s being crucified. The lawsuit is ugly all right, and the brother of Paula Dean comes off as a detestable person. But I don’t think Paula Deen should go down over this. I think it’s unfair. There is something wrong with all this. She was born in 1947 in Albany, George. Not everybody had the advantage I had of being born to liberal parents who were not racists. And I think there’s something revolting about lynching some one for a private comment. I grew up in the South and certainly racism is alive and well there; but that’s true here in California. And the most vicious racist jokes I’ve ever heard have been told to me by California liberals. It’s so easy to persecute an older, overweight, unwise, crude, ignorant woman who may very well be a good person at heart who has achieved a great deal in her life. So easy to vilify her and hate her and try to destroy her life. Woe to anyone today who is not slender, young, clever and politically correct. In more forgiving times, we didn’t ask our crude, vulgar self made achievers to be perfect, or politically correct or to have a faultless cultural or religious pedigree. But times have changed. I lived in the south where I was born, and it’s almost impossible to describe to other people what really happens in cities like New Orleans and Atlanta. They just don’t get it. But all over this country I’ve encountered contempt for white southerners, hatred of them, disgust for them….a blind prejudice against them that is racism in its own way. I’m frankly sick of it. This woman is just what you said. She’s an old southern lady, and she never made these unwise remarks of hers to a black person. We have no evidence at all that she has ever personally insulted or injured any black employee or friend. These remarks were made off hand in private to a white person who has sued her and spread these remarks all over the world. It’s all pretty damn ugly if you ask me. I feel sorry for Paula Deen.

- See more at: http://polizeros.com/2013/06/25/anne-rice-says-paula-deen-is-victim-of-lynch-mob-mentality-i-agree/#sthash.LAdekvlS.dpuf
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:47 pm

How can the left justify this?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:54 pm

NOWthat was the time—to have taken The 5th!

Mad

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:06 pm

The thought police are watching you. Back in the 1990s, lots of jokes were made about “political correctness”, and almost everybody thought they were really funny. Unfortunately, very few people are laughing now because political correctness has become a way of life in America. If you say the “wrong thing” you could lose your job or you could rapidly end up in court. Every single day, the mainstream media bombards us with subtle messages that make it clear what is “appropriate” and what is “inappropriate”, and most Americans quietly fall in line with this unwritten speech code. But just because it is not written down somewhere does not mean that it isn’t real. In fact, this speech code becomes more restrictive and more suffocating with each passing year. The goal of the “thought Nazis” is to control what people say to one another, because eventually that will shape what most people think and what most people believe. If you don’t think this is true, just try the following experiment some time. Go to a public place where a lot of people are gathered and yell out something horribly politically incorrect such as “I love Jesus” and watch people visibly cringe. The name of “Jesus” has become a curse word in our politically correct society, and we have been trained to have a negative reaction to it in public places. After that, yell out something politically correct such as “I support gay marriage” and watch what happens. You will probably get a bunch of smiles and quite a few people may even approach you to express their appreciation for what you just said. Of course this is going to vary depending on what area of the country you live in, but hopefully you get the idea. Billions of dollars of media “programming” has changed the definitions of what people consider to be “acceptable” and what people consider to be “not acceptable”. Political correctness shapes the way that we all communicate with each other every single day, and it is only going to get worse in the years ahead. Sadly, most people simply have no idea what is happening to them.

The following are 20 outrageous examples that show how political correctness is taking over America…

http://thetruthwins.com/archives/20-outrageous-examples-that-show-how-political-correctness-is-taking-over-america
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:12 pm

Up is down---

It is even a little scary to voice our opinions on here. You never know who is watching.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:15 pm

I have thought of that too. I'm old enough where I don't care anymore.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:19 pm

Well, you know if we are all afraid to say anything, that is exactly what they want. We are supposed to be meek little sheeples and keep our mouths shut. And swallow the cool aid.Laughing
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Paula Dean's in a sticky wicket. Empty But this was OK.

Post  fshnski Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:23 pm

The Brooklyn woman who shot her older boyfriend in the face — and then had him testify in her defense with the bullet still lodged near his spine — beat an attempted murder rap today when a judge bought her lover man’s testimony.

Evelyn Barnave, 43, cried tears of joy and said, “Thank you, Judge,” when she was found not guilty of attempted murder for shooting Randy Costa during a 2011 argument. She faced 25 years behind bars if convicted at the non-jury trial.

Costa, 59, shocked officials when he recanted his initial accusation, changing his story to claim the shooting was an accident — and then testified in his lover’s defense.

“We love each other,” Costa told The Post during the trial. “I’m just hoping they drop this order of protection so we can get married … We feel they should get out of the way and let us be.”

Judge Matthew D’Emic did find Barnave guilty in the bench trial of one count of reckless assault, a class D felony for which she could get anything from no-prison and probation to seven years behind bars.

The fiery gunwoman was also hit with three counts of criminal contempt for ignoring an order of protection that forbid her from seeing Costa.

But the judge cited Costa’s unusual testimony on behalf of Barnave to explain his not guilty verdict on the top count.

“[Costa] testified that he tried to grab the gun and it discharged in his face. In essence, he testified that it was an accident,” D’Emic said. “The intent to harm has not been found.”

While lovebirds Barnave and Costa claimed during the trial the shooting was an accident, their statements to investigators immediately after the shooting told a different story.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:26 pm

fshnski wrote:The Brooklyn woman who shot her older boyfriend in the face — and then had him testify in her defense with the bullet still lodged near his spine — beat an attempted murder rap today when a judge bought her lover man’s testimony.

Evelyn Barnave, 43, cried tears of joy and said, “Thank you, Judge,” when she was found not guilty of attempted murder for shooting Randy Costa during a 2011 argument. She faced 25 years behind bars if convicted at the non-jury trial.

Costa, 59, shocked officials when he recanted his initial accusation, changing his story to claim the shooting was an accident — and then testified in his lover’s defense.

Sorry, I don't get the connection??
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:42 pm

She shot him, he decided to lie so they got off with no punishment. I guess saying the n word is worse than attempted murder.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:51 pm

K. Sorry to be so dense. Thanks for the explanation. I agree.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:52 pm

fshnski wrote:How can the left justify this?

Revenge?

Arrow
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Paula Dean's in a sticky wicket. Empty ...just had a thought...

Post  News Hawk Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:04 am

The media brings up this "racist" Dean case at the same time that NBC-News is being sued for altering police transcripts to make it appear more racist. (Trayvon case).

Does the MSM intend to create riots, or what?

Surprised 

Perhaps sell more newspapers?

Arrow 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:52 am

The media sure does want that trial to be about racism, doesn't it!!!!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:53 am

The only expression of racism so far has come from Martin's own mouth according to the states "star witness".
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next