Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poor O, This is the last thing she needs with a new movie coming out.

3 posters

Go down

Poor O, This is the last thing she needs with a new movie coming out. Empty Poor O, This is the last thing she needs with a new movie coming out.

Post  fshnski Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:11 pm

GENEVA — Switzerland is a glamorous playground of the rich and famous, filled with glitterati from princes to movie stars. It's also a land with a sometimes uneasy relationship with foreigners — especially when they aren't white.

Billionaire media mogul Oprah Winfrey says she ran into Swiss racism when a clerk at Trois Pommes, a pricey Zurich boutique, refused to show her a $38,000 handbag, telling one of the world's richest women that she wouldn't be able to afford it. Winfrey earned $77 million in the year ending in June, according to Forbes magazine.

"She said: 'No, no, no, you don't want to see that one. You want to see this one. Because that one will cost too much; you will not be able to afford that,'" Winfrey, appearing on the U.S. television program "Entertainment Tonight," quoted the clerk as saying. "And I said, 'Well, I did really want to see that one.' And she refused to get it."

She brought up the incident during an interview about her new movie, "Lee Daniels' The Butler," which opens next week and focuses on civil rights and race relations in the U.S. She was asked to open up about her own experiences with discrimination.

www.nypost.com/
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Poor O, This is the last thing she needs with a new movie coming out. Empty Re: Poor O, This is the last thing she needs with a new movie coming out.

Post  fshnski Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:16 pm

She makes me sick.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Poor O, This is the last thing she needs with a new movie coming out. Empty Re: Poor O, This is the last thing she needs with a new movie coming out.

Post  News Hawk Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:52 am

fshnski wrote:She makes me sick.
Even Billionaires can play the victim card.

Rolling Eyes
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:36 am

Me too, fsh.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down