Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First UPS, now the University of Virginia

+4
Anti Federalist
Donzel
WHL
fshnski
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

First UPS, now the University of Virginia - Page 2 Empty Re: First UPS, now the University of Virginia

Post  News Buzzard Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:51 pm

Rates through the exchanges are coming out cheaper in a few states already, and the long range goal of Obamacare is to get us away from fee for service and all of the other special interests associated with our terrible healthcare system. You expect Obamacare to have positive results as of yesterday, but it's going to take time. The special interests are trying to destroy it because it's going to cut into many exorbitant profits, but it's not going to happen. There will be no de-funding of Obamacare by the Republicans, because they don't have the stomach or the votes to do it.

What's your alternative? I'll check back in a few days.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

First UPS, now the University of Virginia - Page 2 Empty Re: First UPS, now the University of Virginia

Post  News Pigeon Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:53 pm

WHL wrote:  He should have figured out why healthcare in the US is twice as expensive as the rest of the world and try to figure out how to make it more affordable not more expensive --as Obamacare is doing.  

First off, ObamaCare is NOT making it more expensive, think about it for a second. If everyone has to jump into the insurance pool per: the mandate, it can only make coverage more affordable for all because the insurance providers will have to "compete" for the new policy holders...simple economics! And..that's why our rates are going through the roof right now, the insurance co's know they are about to see an even playing field like they've not seen in several decades and they're raping their policy holders for as much as the state insurance commissioner will allow.
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:58 pm

I do know healthcare is expensive in NH because you can't cross state lines. I think that is a big thing. We have no competition here. If it was a nationally open market, prices would be a lot better. Government rules and regulations kill a lot of doctors and hospitals. I know we need some but some are just paperwork and amount to nothing. For instance, this privacy stuff is such a joke. I know doctors sometimes make mistakes, but lawsuits are a big contributor to high medical prices. Those are just a couple of thoughts off the top of my head.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:04 pm

[quote]
WHL wrote:I do know healthcare is expensive in NH because you can't cross state lines. I think that is a big thing.  We have no competition here
But you will when the insurance exchanges are set up in your state. I have seen a major increase in my cost but it's because our governor has refused to set up the exchanges.

If it was a nationally open market, prices would be a lot better.

Not necessarily true, that would only eventually result in  huge monopolies, and that's what got us to this point...
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:08 pm

A big reason for our expensive healthcare is because the state is screwing the hospitals on Medicaid patients by paying only 50 cents on a dollar for them. That's a backdoor tax for the rest of us.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:16 pm

A big reason for our expensive healthcare is because the state is screwing the hospitals on Medicaid patients by paying only 50 cents on a dollar for them. That's a backdoor tax for the rest of us.

Yes, very true Buzz.... we are governed by that same ideology here.
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:27 pm

Since when do you care about taxes?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:09 am

News Buzzard wrote:It's really a shame that the conservative extremists in this country are in their final desperate throes at getting rid of legislation they have no chance of getting rid of..."

We desperately need a one-party system, like the old Soviet Union—plus the USSR's "Central Planning" that kept consumer goods off the shelves and "everybody employed".

Right?

No 

News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:03 am

News Buzzard wrote:And yes, how about fraud? Medicare should have enough people on staff to oversee claims for legitimacy.
Medicare fraud has doubled in one Florida County—now over $2 Billion dollars!

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:55 am

If the reason for obamacare is to help the 12 or 13 percent who need healthcare why are we changing the whole system for the other 85%?

The U.S. Census Bureau announced today that in 2011, median household income declined, the poverty rate was not statistically different from the previous year and the percentage of people without health insurance coverage decreased.

Real median household income in the United States in 2011 was $50,054, a 1.5 percent decline from the 2010 median and the second consecutive annual drop.

The nation's official poverty rate in 2011 was 15.0 percent, with 46.2 million people in poverty. After three consecutive years of increases, neither the poverty rate nor the number of people in poverty were statistically different from the 2010 estimates.

The number of people without health insurance coverage declined from 50.0 million in 2010 to 48.6 million in 2011, as did the percentage without coverage - from 16.3 percent in 2010 to 15.7 percent in 2011.

http://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/income_wealth/cb12-172.html
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:24 am

I really doubt that Obamacare is going to affect the other 85%, and it's long term goal is to make the cost of healthcare more reasonable, not twice as expensive as any other country in the world. Once we figure out why a $5 bag of saline solution costs $546 in a hospital, (NY Times today) then we'll be able to figure out our staggering healthcare costs and fix them. Doing nothing and making repeated attempts to completely repeal Obamacare is not the way to go.

We have a country where the overwhelming wealth and income gains are going to a very select few, and that's not Obama's fault. Just look at how much money the oligarchs like the Koch brothers and Sheldon Adelson spent to oust him. The only thing those guys want to do is take Medicare away from you and I and lower their payroll taxes. (maybe not you and I but definitely our kids) Their argument is that healthcare in the USA is not sustainable, and they're right if we continue to let hospitals charge $546 for a bag of saltwater! I can go down to Hampton beach and collect a bag of saltwater without paying 500 bucks for it. That's what's wrong with our system, not Obamacare!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:27 am

News Buzzard wrote:I really doubt that Obamacare is going to affect the other 85%
What!?!     It has divided our country!
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:45 am

How did Obama get reelected by a margin of 332 to 206 electoral votes if this country is so divided? The right has been planting the seeds of division since Obama checked into the White House, but it obviously hasn't worked. Do you think it's OK if your insurance company has to pay $546 for a bag of saltwater if you have to go into the hospital? I don't, and that's why I support Obama and his signature legislation, that will be implemented whether the right likes it or not!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

First UPS, now the University of Virginia - Page 2 Empty Here is a link.

Post  fshnski Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:49 am

Sen. Mike Lee is rejecting the argument that Republicans intend to shut down the federal government over efforts to defund Obamacare.
The Utah Republican told a town hall meeting on Thursday night that talk of such a shutdown is a “false narrative based on an absolute lie,” Politico reported.
“I need you to help communicate a message, a message to defeat a false narrative based on an absolute lie that has been perpetuated by the political ruling class elite in Washington, D.C., that’s been dutifully reported by an all-too-willing-to-comply media, and that lie that the effort to avoid funding Obamacare is an effort to shut down the government … It’s a darned lie and I reject it,” he said.
Mr. Lee and Sen. Ted Cruz, Texas Republican, have led an effort to defund President Obama’s signature health care law, thus preventing it from being implemented. At least 14 Republicans have signed on to the initiative, but there’s little support among Republican leadership, and the plan appears to be going nowhere.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2013/aug/23/sen-darned-lie-gop-wants-shut-down-government/#ixzz2d5ReLbht
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:06 am

A poll released by the Washington Examiner stated that 71% of voters are against shutting down the government if Obamacare is funded, while 23% are for it. Among Republicans, 53% are against shutting down the government, while 37% are for it. The way I've been reading this all along, Senators Cruz, Lee and Rubio want to shut down the government if Obamacare is funded, so Senator Lee's statement is somewhat of a reality check.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/most-republicans-oppose-shutdown-over-obamacare-defunding?ref=fpb
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:15 am

It sounds to me like Senator Cruz still wants to de-fund Obamacare. He said so on Sunday:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/25/ted-cruz-obamacare-veto_n_3813228.html
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:18 am

And I'm sure you have never exaggerated anything to make a point. You have a problem with them because they feel strongly enough about something to make a stand. How dear they!
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:34 am

There is a big difference between taking a stand on something and trying to disrupt the democratic process. I hardly call Senator Cruz's statement an exaggeration, as he clearly stated that he wanted the Congress to de-fund Obamacare. That's coercion, and against the law!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:39 am

News Buzzard wrote: That's coercion, and against the law!
That's a good one. Thanks for the laugh. Just like the NSA, IRS, Benghazi and the way acts of terrorism have been declared workplace incidents. You are not talking to the people that voted for obama! We can see the difference between right and wrong.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:43 am

The good news is that the majority of voters overwhelmingly disagree with Senator Cruz. (and you)

Bye Bye! Have a nice day!!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:44 am

And you're proud that the supposed leader of the free world was elected by the least educated, the most dependent and the least qualified in our country.

fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:12 pm

News Buzzard wrote:I really doubt that Obamacare is going to affect the other 85%...
Really?

According to Kathleen Sebelius, we need to pass immigration reform so all those tens of millions of illegal aliens can then qualify for Obamacare. The CBO has already revised up the costs of Obamcare to about $2 trillion over ten years, and this was without factoring in tens of millions of illegal aliens.

No matter which side of the political isle you find yourself on, the skyrocketing cost to taxpayers to fund Obamacare has got to at least have you concerned as to how the hell we are supposed to pay for all of this. Especially worrisome is this is going to happen during "the worst economy since the Great Depression." Shocked 

(CNSNews.com) - Asked Thursday if the Affordable Care Act will help "undocumented individuals," Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said no -- and that's why immigration reform is so important:

"
Well, the (Obamacare) bill is crafted in such a way that those who are undocumented will not have access to the tax credits or shopping in the (health insurance) marketplace. That has been limited, which is, frankly, why -- another very keen reason why we need comprehensive immigration reform."
Obama told us that criminal aliens would not be eligible for Obamacare. But they will be "legal" after amnesty is passed and the amnesty bill that passed in the Senate only list 5 means tested programs they cannot apply for right away. The rest of the programs will probably hold open houses to sign them all up.

Welcome to Cloward/Piven.

Are you feeling like you've been fooled yet?
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:56 pm

Outerlimits wrote:
News Buzzard wrote:I really doubt that Obamacare is going to affect the other 85%...
Are you feeling like you've been fooled yet?  
The only one trying to fool us is you, and it's not working!!  Wink
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:03 pm

Thanks for that thoughtful post OL. You make complicated things easier for me to understand. We are getting screwed aren't we.

Howard Phillips, on Cloward-Piven 1982, was quoted in 1982 as saying that the strategy could be effective because "Great Society programs had created a vast army of full-time liberal activists whose salaries are paid from the taxes of conservative working people."
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2