Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ObamaCare May Shape Up As A Good Deal!

+4
Anti Federalist
WHL
fshnski
News Buzzard
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ObamaCare May Shape Up As A Good Deal! Empty ObamaCare May Shape Up As A Good Deal!

Post  News Buzzard Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:38 pm

News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

ObamaCare May Shape Up As A Good Deal! Empty No, Obamacare Is Not A Good Deal

Post  fshnski Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:13 pm

Progressives are becoming increasingly concerned at the prospect of millions of uninsured young people deciding to push the easy button next year by simply paying a very small fine[1] rather than obtain health coverage. Consequently, they have turned to a new argument to get those under 30 to act against their self interest by signing up for the Exchanges. Now we are being told that Obamacare will be a good deal for young people in the long run since whatever short-term losses they incur in the form of higher premiums will be more than made up later when they are older and get to pay lower premiums than they would in today’s market.

But those making these arguments haven’t offered any analysis to back up their claims. The conceptual point evidently is supposed to be intuitively obvious. As Ezra Klein puts it:

Young people grow old. Healthy people get sick. Rich people become poor. The people overpaying to keep costs low today are the people underpaying 10 or 20 years from now.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/08/23/no-obamacare-is-not-a-good-deal-for-young-people-in-the-long-run-not-even-close/
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

ObamaCare May Shape Up As A Good Deal! Empty Re: ObamaCare May Shape Up As A Good Deal!

Post  WHL Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:27 pm

Well, my group rates are scheduled to go up between 28and 36% and I have been told that Anthem is increasing a lot of group rates by huge amounts. So I would like to know who in NH is saving?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

ObamaCare May Shape Up As A Good Deal! Empty Re: ObamaCare May Shape Up As A Good Deal!

Post  Anti Federalist Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:57 am

I always wondered what the progs fanatical focus on health care was all about.

Now I know.

Total control of every aspect of your life.

Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:42 am

Control is right,

With Obamacare, they will have a vested interest of everything an individual chooses to put in their body.

it is odd they don't have a problem with the decision a person might have to take something out of their body.

I am still waiting for my premium to drop as I was promised. I will keep you all updated.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  Donzel Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:11 am

WHL wrote:Well, my group rates are scheduled to go up between 28and 36% and I have been told that Anthem is increasing a lot of group rates by huge amounts.  So I would like to know who in NH is saving?
Seeing that you know about what Anthem is doing, can you explain what the below article is talking about. My question is that if I have Anthem now will I still be able to use the hospitals that they will not cover under the "Health Care Exchange" of 2014.

Here is the article: http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130906/GJNEWS_01/130909554

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:26 am

I do not know all about what Anthem is doing, I just know what is told to me about my group. I think the insurance companies are just finding out about it. I know I have been asking my agent and he hasn't know much, then I get this email telling me my rates are going that high. But my understanding is that you will not be able to use those hospitals that Anthem is not covering. Well, unless you want to pay the bills yourself. I know this is what happened in Maine and there was an outpouring of people who are upset that they can't use their favorite hospital any more. They may be partially covered as they are now on a partial basis, but I really don't know. It seems the whole thing is a pretty big secret and now that enrollment time is almost here (Oct. 1) the little details are coming out.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Donzel Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:13 am

WHL wrote:I do not know all about what Anthem is doing, I just know what is told to me about my group.  I think the insurance companies are just finding out about it.   I know I have been asking my agent and he hasn't know much, then I get this email telling me my rates are going that high.  But my understanding is that you will not be able to use those hospitals that Anthem is not covering.  Well, unless you want to pay the bills yourself.  I know this is what happened in Maine and there was an outpouring of people who are upset that they can't use their favorite hospital any more.  They may be partially covered as they are now on a partial basis, but I really don't know.  It seems the whole thing is a pretty big secret and now that enrollment time is almost here (Oct. 1) the little details are coming out.  
Thank you, it is confusing to say the least. I go to Frisbie now and my doctor is affiliated with them also. I also use York Hospital.
So far I haven't heard anything from Anthem as to how it will effect my policy.

If I find anything out, I will post it here.

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:31 am

I've used York Hospital as well, nice place.

I knew what was coming when Maine forced all insurance companies to insure for a laundry list of ailments.

Aetna, which had great coverage, dropped me and everybody else in the state of Maine, rather than lose money for compliance.

Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:16 am

If so, why are so many unions opting out?

scratch

Fairpoint still working on my connection problem, after a week...
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:20 pm

Donzel wrote:
WHL wrote:Well, my group rates are scheduled to go up between 28and 36% and I have been told that Anthem is increasing a lot of group rates by huge amounts.  So I would like to know who in NH is saving?
Seeing that you know about what Anthem is doing, can you explain what the below article is talking about.  My question is that if I have Anthem now will I still be able to use the hospitals that they will not cover under the "Health Care Exchange" of 2014.

Here is the article: http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130906/GJNEWS_01/130909554
This article in the Seacoast Online states that current Anthem customers will not be affected by this. It will only affect new Anthem customers through the Exchange:

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20130906-NEWS-309060398
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Donzel Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:31 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
Donzel wrote:
Seeing that you know about what Anthem is doing, can you explain what the below article is talking about.  My question is that if I have Anthem now will I still be able to use the hospitals that they will not cover under the "Health Care Exchange" of 2014.

This article in the Seacoast Online states that current Anthem customers will not be affected by this. It will only affect new Anthem customers through the Exchange:

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20130906-NEWS-309060398
Thank you for posting that. I am really relieved that I don't have to change to another Insurance.

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:17 pm

Yet.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Donzel Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:21 pm

WHL wrote:Yet.
OMG don't you have a positive bone in your body!

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:25 pm

I think she is going to end up being correct.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:28 pm

Donzel wrote:
Nope, I don't-at least not if Obama is concerned. The more I hear about this Obamacare the worse it gets. Now, if Rand Paul becomes our next president I will be VERY VERY positive.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:33 pm

Donzel wrote:
She never did! She's probably still spreading the false rumor that the state is not giving the promised state aid to the school district. Do you remember that ugly rumor that was floating around? Right wingers can be very miserable people who will say anything to discredit someone they don't agree with. It's not about truthfulness or honest conversation anymore!!

It's just a blip on my radar screen! Our guy won last November!! cheers
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:35 pm

Your guy won and our nation lost.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:52 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
Donzel wrote:
She never did! She's probably still spreading the false rumor that the state is not giving the promised state aid to the school district. Do you remember that ugly rumor that was floating around? Right wingers can be very miserable people who will say anything to discredit someone they don't agree with. It's not about truthfulness or honest conversation anymore!!

Not where you liberals are concerned. Never did and never will. No hope for this country with you guys around. I did mention that "ugly rumor" about the school district possibly not getting the money the state promised. But it was not just a rumor, it was something the state was talking about-who would lose state aid. You liberals not only say anything to discredit someone you don't agree with, you are just plain nasty and you get whiny when someone give your nastiness back to you. You cry about how you shouldn't be called names and we shouldn't say what we think on this forum because it represents the town. I think the few of us on this forum are representative of this country- there are such VERY different feelings as to how this country should be run. The country has a very deep divide.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Donzel Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:19 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
Donzel wrote:

Yes I remember that rumor that turned out to be false. Sometimes it's very difficult to understand someone's Psyche when all they do is think negatively.

If I was WHL, I would look into how her brain is performing with the reuptake of both serotonin and norepinephrine.

It could a poor diet or maybe it's a genetic condition.  Either way I would look into it.

I don't say this to be mean but I think your life would be much happier if you had less negative thoughts.

I read this Book many years ago and it helped me:

ObamaCare May Shape Up As A Good Deal! 51aKFdMzOAL._SY346_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_

Here is where you can get this book: http://www.amazon.com/Feeling-Good-Handbook-David-Burns/dp/0452281326/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_y

Donzel

Back to top Go down

ObamaCare May Shape Up As A Good Deal! Empty Hospital crunch surprises many

Post  fshnski Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:29 pm

CONCORD — North Country residents may have to drive hundreds of miles for maternity services if Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield does not expand its provider network for individual and small business policies offered on health insurance exchanges under the Affordable Care Act, said one executive whose hospital is not in the network.

"We had no contact. There were no negotiations," said Charlie White, executive officer of Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital in Colebrook. "We found out about our exclusion in a registered letter in the mail saying they choose not to contract with us."

Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital and nine other hospitals are not in Anthem's "narrower network" that will serve those who purchase individual insurance coverage in or outside the exchange, or small businesses who purchase insurance through the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) exchange. Anthem, the only insurer approved to offer policies on the health insurance exchange created under the Affordable Care Act, said in a statement it chose to offer a narrower network "to offset the premium increases that would otherwise be necessary."

Before the Health Care Reform Oversight Committee Wednesday, Anthem officials said 14 of the state's 26 hospitals would be in the new network called Pathway. Thursday, the company indicated in a statement that two hospitals had been added to the network, both in the North Country — Androscoggin in Berlin and Littleton Hospital.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130906/NEWS12/130909563
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:07 pm

Donzel wrote:
"See? We drove right off that cliff, and nothing bad has happened."

"Yet."

"OMG - You don't have a positive bone in your body!"

LOL
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:40 am

Anti, you know me. Am I a pessimistic person? Am I a negative person? (other than when talking to liberals)
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:19 am

WHL wrote:Anti, you know me.  Am I a pessimistic person?  Am I a negative person?  (other than when talking to liberals)
No, you are not, not at all.

Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:21 am

Thank you.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next