Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wm. Whall Obit.

3 posters

Go down

Wm. Whall Obit. Empty Wm. Whall Obit.

Post  WHL Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:55 pm

Most boaters on the lake know him as Mighty Mo. He spent his time monitoring the radios and telling boaters when a storm was coming up. He was a really neat guy. It is the end of an era.*******

Melvin Village, NH

William C. Whall, 80, of Melvin Village, passed away, Thursday November 21, 2013 at Huggins Hospital, Wolfeboro, NH.

He was born May 19, 1933 in Cambridge, MA the son of the late John C. and Margaret (Daley) Whall. William joined the US Navy during the Korean Conflict at the age of 17. He served on the USS Missouri and the USS Grand Canyon. He has worked as a security guard at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, Medford, MA for many years. He was also a security guard for Fenway Park for several years. During his time at Fenway he was able to provide security during the World Series in 1967.

William met his of 49 years Helen after attending a double date with friends. After working several years in Massachusetts, the couple moved to Tuftonboro. While in Tuftonboro, he volunteered for the Marine patrol for 30 years. He had a love for the water.

William was a life member of the DAV and a life member of the Blind Veterans, the Battleship Missouri Association "BB63" and served with the NH Department of Safety, Marine Patrol Auxiliary and was the Past Commander of the Boston Fireman's Post 94 of the American Legion.

He is survived by his Helen (Cahill) Whall of Melvin Village, NH, his son William S. Whall and his wife Angela of Wellington, FL, two granddaughters, Brianna and Lindsey also of Wellington, FL and was predeceased by his step father William Lovette, Salem, VA.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated November 25, 2013 at 11AM at Lord Funeral Home in Wolfeboro with a Burial at the Town House Cemetery, Tuftonboro, NH.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wm. Whall Obit. Empty Re: Wm. Whall Obit.

Post  News Hawk Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:16 am

Background:

http://winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?p=35182&highlight=Whall#post35182

WHL wrote:"...William was a life member of the DAV and a life member of the Blind Veterans..."

About five years ago, his sight was restored by two Wolfeboro doctors: Dr. Eric Lewis determined the route for sight restoration, and surgery was performed by Dr. Wm. Marsh.

Sight restoration story and link to Citizen article:

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5398
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:25 am

I never met Mr. Whall but I "talked" to him many times. He was the "radio check" on my boat safety list. He helped me start many seasons on the big lake.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:31 am

I am very sad about this news. Although I didn't know him, we always looked forward to his weather reports when out on the boat. If I am not mistaken he was pretty active politically for a while. I think he attended all the school board meetings. I wonder if anybody will ever come along to be the voice of the lake again.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down