Why I am a "cop basher".

Go down

Why I am a "cop basher". Empty Why I am a "cop basher".

Post  Anti Federalist on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:32 pm

One member here questioned what makes me post "anti cop" articles all the time, suggesting that something may be wrong with me and not the country I used to know.

Look, it's very simple, and here are the facts:

A - We now live in full blown, total surveillance, police state. Oh sure, there may not be tanks rolling down the street every day, but the infrastructure is in place and running, there is no denying that.

B - At the same time, violent crime rates and cop killings are at levels, per capita, in some cases not seen since the 19th century and dropping every year. I submit it has very little to do with the New Authoritarianism that has swept away the Land of the Free, but rather with the huge surge of citizens keeping and bearing arms.

C - FedCoat funding and training has turned local and state police forces from "peace officers" to a standing army of occupation, equipped and trained like Marines heading onto Fallujah. They locked down the entire city of Boston last year and frog marched thousands of people out of their homes at rifle point with no legal justification at all. SWAT raids roll for the slightest infraction.

D - This "War on Us" mentality, the training that says that every "maggot" out there (that's us, the people) is a potential hostile to be "taken out" if we so much as twitch funny, is, combined with the military firepower, a dangerous combination that has cops shooting and tasing us at increasing levels every year.

E - Therefore, if you value your life, avoid cops at all costs. They are not your pals, they are not there to "help".

They are there to f*ck people up and throw them in jail.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Posts : 1385
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-16

Back to top Go down

Why I am a "cop basher". Empty Re: Why I am a "cop basher".

Post  Outerlimits on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:47 pm

I would say it is not the police that are the problem. It is the people that make the laws and militarized the police force.

There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Posts : 933
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Why I am a "cop basher". Empty Re: Why I am a "cop basher".

Post  WHL on Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:17 pm

Did you see the Seabrook police slam that guy into the wall?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6057
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Why I am a "cop basher". Empty Re: Why I am a "cop basher".

Post  News Hawk on Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:16 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:One member here questioned what makes me post "anti cop" articles all the time, suggesting that something may be wrong with me and not the country I used to know.
He complains of each of us, and doesn't have the intuition to understand our views. Hopefully, he's at Wolfeboro's Stalinist forum, and sees the dilemma of not being able to freely express his views.

Anti Federalist wrote:A - We now live in full blown, total surveillance, police state. Oh sure, there may not be tanks rolling down the street every day, but the infrastructure is in place and running, there is no denying that.
I've lived in a city where tanks WERE rolling down the street—for days and days.

Anti Federalist wrote:B - At the same time, violent crime rates and cop killings are at levels, per capita, in some cases not seen since the 19th century and dropping every year. I submit it has very little to do with the New Authoritarianism that has swept away the Land of the Free, but rather with the huge surge of citizens keeping and bearing arms.

The citizenry could always keep and bear powerful arms; however, the '70s availability of the 30-caliber AK-47a military rifle one could buy for less than $100—changed things.

You can ask at the Downey, CA, office—scene of the Bank of America shoot-out, where men heavily armed with AK-47s try to heist the North Hollywood branch. That shootout had only two perps carrying fully-automatic AK-47s and kept 400 LA police officers at bay for nearly an hour. They had so much ammunition, they used their firepower to wear down concrete barriers! Because they were also intentionally "high" with phenobarbital, they could take the punishment of wounds from the police.  The LA police eventually went to a local gun store and bought the rifles they thought would take down the perps. But as it turned out, one perp committed suicide, and the other was shot dead.

But the police had learned a lesson.



Anti Federalist wrote:C - FedCoat funding and training has turned local and state police forces from "peace officers" to a standing army of occupation, equipped and trained like Marines heading onto Fallujah. They locked down the entire city of Boston last year and frog marched thousands of people out of their homes at rifle point with no legal justification at all. SWAT raids roll for the slightest infraction.
Police unions gleefully support every opportunity for overtime and local governments are afraid to deny overtime.

"Government-efficiency" is an oxymoron.

Anti Federalist wrote:D - This "War on Us" mentality, the training that says that every "maggot" out there (that's us, the people) is a potential hostile to be "taken out" if we so much as twitch funny, is, combined with the military firepower, a dangerous combination that has cops shooting and tasing us at increasing levels every year.
Since the Vietnam War, Americans have felt free to use all manner of drugs to get high.

The long-term effects of Marijuana, Cocaine, Ecstacy, Mescaline and Methamphetamine are still filtering-out in today's population—even from glue-sniffing.

Why I am a "cop basher". Glue-sniffers

That "Popular Culture" (or "Counter-Culture") supports drug use and gives us recordings from the "Sniffing Glue" band.

Why I am a "cop basher". Sniffinglue_cd_400

 Surprised 

Anti Federalist wrote:E - Therefore, if you value your life, avoid cops at all costs. They are not your pals, they are not there to "help".

They are there to f*ck people up and throw them in jail.


Police officers are not immune from the temptations of "getting high".

"Bob" (common Irish last name—it'll come to me later), a friend in the lie-detector business was paid to interview prospective police officers. He admitted that the number of applicants who could truthfully say they'd tried nothing stronger than marijuana gradually dwindled over the years. He was disheartened, and upon learning that, so was I.

 Sad 

(Only a decade earlier, marijuana-use was a condition for rejection of the police applicant).



.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
News Hawk
News Hawk

Posts : 8049
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Why I am a "cop basher". Empty Re: Why I am a "cop basher".

Post  Anti Federalist on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:03 pm

News Hawk wrote:
He complains of each of us, and doesn't have the intuition to understand our views. Hopefully, he's at Wolfeboro's Stalinist forum, and sees the dilemma of not being able to freely express his views.
There's a lefty Wolfeboro forum?

Linky link please...Let's see how quick I get banned.

I've lived in a city where tanks WERE rolling down the street—for days and days.

Was that a free country?

Is that what we should have here?

The citizenry could always keep and bear powerful arms; however, the '70s availability of the 30-caliber AK-47a military rifle one could buy for less than $100—changed things.

Humbug.

The 7.62 x 39 mm AK round is lethargic, in comparison to many other widely available rounds and rifles chambered for same.

The venerable 30.06 has, for instance, almost twice the muzzle velocity and retained energy as the 7.62.

Surplus Mausers from WWII that you could buy mail order (prior to the 1968 GCA) had more power. And I have ads showing them for $25 bucks.

Police unions gleefully support every opportunity for overtime and local governments are afraid to deny overtime.

"Government-efficiency" is an oxymoron.

I'm not sure what that has to do with militarizing the cops. This is not overtime being paid for "Kitten Rescue 101". This is overtime and equipment being paid to better train as a standing army of oppression.

Since the Vietnam War, Americans have felt free to use all manner of drugs to get high.

More humbug.

Prior to the Harrison Narcotics Act in 1914 (a "progressive" measure, mind you) there was no such thing as an "illegal" drug, except for booze in "dry" areas. Cocaine, opium, marijuana...none of it was illegal and Americans consumed a great deal of them.

It's called Coca Cola for a reason, you know.

And even then, the FedCoats realized they couldn't just outright ban something...they had to call it a "tax"...at least at first.

Just like the Forced Mandate for O-Bomb-Ya Care.

And meth? Pffft...it wasn't fully "criminalized" until 1983...which is why you didn't have people dying from bathtub crank, or toxic meth labs all over prior to that. Way to go drug warriors!

Police officers are not immune from the temptations of "getting high".

All thing being equal, I'd prefer a mellow cop who smoked a joint once in while, than some 'roided up meathead, running around looking for the excuse to cave somebody's face in.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Posts : 1385
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-16

Back to top Go down

Why I am a "cop basher". Empty Re: Why I am a "cop basher".

Post  Anti Federalist on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:20 pm

Outerlimits wrote:I would say it is not the police that are the problem.  It is the people that make the laws and militarized the police force.

There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people.

Nahh, can't buy that, OL.

All that is doing is making an excuse.

"Don't blame the KGB, it's those bastards in the Kremlin."

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”  ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

We AmeriKans have no excuse...anybody who can read can make themselves aware of how dire the situation is.

We simply do not love freedom enough...if at all.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Posts : 1385
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-16

Back to top Go down

Why I am a "cop basher". Empty Re: Why I am a "cop basher".

Post  Anti Federalist on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:42 pm

Marine Corp Colonel speaks out at a local council meeting against the militarization of our police forces on 08/12/13 at 41 Green St, Concord, NH


Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Posts : 1385
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-16

Back to top Go down

Why I am a "cop basher". Empty Re: Why I am a "cop basher".

Post  News Hawk on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:53 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:"...There's a lefty Wolfeboro forum...?"

Linky link please...Let's see how quick I get banned.

It's not just "left".

 Shocked 

I suggest you pick a different user-name, but you can "give it a shot" using Anti Federalist. They might be amused to have someone new to ridicule.  (It's their specialty).

The News Crows will be the spies that can affect your registering there—Good Luck!

Come to think of it, rather than simply disclose the URL, I'll give News Buzzard 24 hours to direct you to their site (from here).

If you choose to research Google on your own, the URL will end in .org.
News Hawk
News Hawk

Posts : 8049
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Why I am a "cop basher". Empty Re: Why I am a "cop basher".

Post  WHL on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:55 am

Wow, Anti, that was an astounding video!!! Thanks so much for posting it. I just wish everybody could see that. Concord still got their hummer or whatever it's called though, didn't they. The best thing about his speech was the applause from the people!! I think that shows that what we are getting is not what we want.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6057
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Why I am a "cop basher". Empty Re: Why I am a "cop basher".

Post  Anti Federalist on Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:05 pm

WHL wrote:Wow, Anti, that was an astounding video!!!  Thanks so much for posting it. I just wish everybody could see that.  Concord still got their hummer or whatever it's called though, didn't they.  The best thing about his speech was the applause from the people!!  I think that shows that what we are getting is not what we want.

Thanks WHL.

It was a Lenco Bearcat.

I'm sure Wolfeboro will be placing an order for one at some point.

Because nothing says freedom like squads of jackboots armed with automatic weapons and tanks, crashing into people's homes.

Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Posts : 1385
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-16

Back to top Go down

Why I am a "cop basher". Empty Re: Why I am a "cop basher".

Post  WHL on Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:30 am

Sorry, I know nothing about tanks and I knew that is what the city was getting a tank of some sort. I know a Hummber is a suv though, don't know why I wrote that. When I ever heard Concord was getting that I scratched my head! There is nothing that they can do with that except attack us, the people, right?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6057
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Why I am a "cop basher". Empty Re: Why I am a "cop basher".

Post  Achigan on Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:59 am

What is the Colonel's name? Where is he from? Who shot the Video?  All I see in the video is a bunch of people at a meeting and I can't tell who is speaking.

It's pretty easy to take a video and add your own sound track to it. I can take this same video and put my own sound track on it and say that I'm a retired 4 star General and that we should take all the weapons away from the cops. I fought in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, and rec'd the metal of honor 15 times.
Would you believe that video also????




Anti Federalist wrote: Marine Corp Colonel speaks out at a local council meeting against the militarization of our police forces on 08/12/13 at 41 Green St, Concord, NH


Achigan
Achigan

Posts : 875
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-03

Back to top Go down

Why I am a "cop basher". Empty Re: Why I am a "cop basher".

Post  WHL on Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:52 am

We could say that about every video or every link to an article that are out there, Achigan. We really don't know the truth about anything unless we see it ourselves. We are told a lot of lies, no question.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6057
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Why I am a "cop basher". Empty Re: Why I am a "cop basher".

Post  Achigan on Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:17 am

WHL wrote:We could say that about every video or every link to an article that are out there, Achigan.  We really don't know the truth about anything unless we see it ourselves.  We are told a lot of lies, no question.

Not every video. Most of the time you can at least google the names and events and come up with whether it is real or not. This video is probably the worst one if seen where it doesn't give any information to google other than the date. I'm not going to waste my time on it...maybe Anti can google it and give us more info.
Achigan
Achigan

Posts : 875
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-03

Back to top Go down

Why I am a "cop basher". Empty Re: Why I am a "cop basher".

Post  Anti Federalist on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:36 pm

Achigan wrote:
WHL wrote:We could say that about every video or every link to an article that are out there, Achigan.  We really don't know the truth about anything unless we see it ourselves.  We are told a lot of lies, no question.

Not every video.  Most of the time you can at least google the names and events and come up with whether it is real or not.  This video is probably the worst one if seen where it doesn't give any information to google other than the date.  I'm not going to waste my time on it...maybe Anti can google it and give us more info.

*sigh*...I suppose if it was Harridan Hillary, we'd have no problem taking it at face value.

The video is legit...

Of course, in the end, Concord got it's FedCoat supplied tank.

The people be damned.



New Hampshire BearCat Opposed; Marine Colonel Peter Martino Claims 'We're Building A Domestic Army'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/15/new-hampshire-bearcat-building-domestic-army-video_n_3762051.html

A man identifying himself as a retired United States Marines Corps Colonel and Iraq War veteran testified last week against a New Hampshire city's proposed acceptance of a grant for a police armored vehicle, and the video footage has gone viral.

"What's happening here is that we're building a domestic military, because it's unlawful and unconstitutional to use American troops on American soil," he says in the video. "We're building a domestic army, and we're shrinking the military, because the government is afraid of its own citizens... We're building an army over here, and I can't believe that people aren't seeing it. Is everybody blind?"

UPDATE: 3:30 p.m. -- In a clearer version of the speech shot by Bikerbill, which includes additonal footage not seen in the video that went viral on Reddit earlier Thursday, the speaker identifies himself as Peter Martino. Martino, it turns out, is a whistleblower that has spoken truth to power before.

According to a 2008 civil complaint in which Martino was plaintiff, the retired U.S. Marine Corps reserve colonel was fired by ArmorGroup International, a British defense contractor, after he and another marine, James Sauer, complained when they discovered that the company had underbid a contract to provide a guard force protecting the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan, and "lacked the means, facilities, and expertise to perform as warranted."

The video was taken during a Concord, N.H., council meeting Aug. 12, in which approximately 150 people crammed inside to voice their concerns about a grant for a BearCat.

Meeting attendees heard four hours of testimony from people associated with protest groups who do not want the city to accept the $260,000 Department of Homeland Security grant for the armored vehicle. According to Concord Patch, several state representatives also gave testimony against the grant before the council voted to table a decision on the proposal until September 9.

It is not clear if the man is a member of a protest group, but his words were met with applause from attendees at the meeting.

The man also claimed that body armor and other personal equipment used by Massachusetts State Police and Boston Police following the Boston Marathon bombing was identical to that used by combat troops in Iraq, except for the color.

A BearCat, or Ballistic Engineered Armored Response Counter Attack Truck, is an armored vehicle manufactured by Lenco that is designed for use in "hostile urban environments." The company makes variants tailored for both military and law enforcement use.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Posts : 1385
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-16

Back to top Go down

Why I am a "cop basher". Empty Re: Why I am a "cop basher".

Post  News Hawk on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:45 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:"...A BearCat, or Ballistic Engineered Armored Response Counter Attack Truck, is an armored vehicle manufactured by Lenco that is designed for use in "hostile urban environments." The company makes variants tailored for both military and law enforcement use..."

Sometimes, even a gift must be turned down, to keep the State solvent.

As for myself, I like elephants but—gifted with an elephant—I wouldn't want to pay for the upkeep!

 affraid 


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
News Hawk
News Hawk

Posts : 8049
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Why I am a "cop basher". Empty Re: Why I am a "cop basher".

Post  Anti Federalist on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:56 pm

News Hawk wrote:
Anti Federalist wrote:"...A BearCat, or Ballistic Engineered Armored Response Counter Attack Truck, is an armored vehicle manufactured by Lenco that is designed for use in "hostile urban environments." The company makes variants tailored for both military and law enforcement use..."

Sometimes, even a gift must be turned down, to keep the State solvent.

As for myself, I like elephants but—gifted with  an elephant—I wouldn't want to pay for the upkeep!

 affraid 


.

Simpsons did this already. The elephant's name was "Stampy". Bart won him as a gag prize offered by KBBL.

I'm not so much concerned about the costs of upkeep as I am militarizing local cops to be a standing army of oppression.

They get a tank, they will use a tank.

Maybe against me.

Or you...
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Posts : 1385
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-16

Back to top Go down

Why I am a "cop basher". Empty Re: Why I am a "cop basher".

Post  Achigan on Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:00 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:*sigh*...I suppose if it was Harridan Hillary, we'd have no problem taking it at face value.

The video is legit...

Of course, in the end, Concord got it's FedCoat supplied tank.

The people be damned.

Thank you Anti, the article has a better video of the Colonel talking.  That was a good effort by everyone who was against the "tank", however as you said: "Concord got it's FedCoat supplied tank".
Achigan
Achigan

Posts : 875
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-03

Back to top Go down

Why I am a "cop basher". Empty Re: Why I am a "cop basher".

Post  Anti Federalist on Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:19 pm

Achigan wrote:
Anti Federalist wrote:*sigh*...I suppose if it was Harridan Hillary, we'd have no problem taking it at face value.

The video is legit...

Of course, in the end, Concord got it's FedCoat supplied tank.

The people be damned.

Thank you Anti, the article has a better video of the Colonel talking.  That was a good effort by everyone who was against the "tank", however as you said: "Concord got it's FedCoat supplied tank".

You're welcome.

Yes, unfortunately.

And it's not just tanks, it's all manner of military equipment, from automatic rifles to grenade launchers, to surface to air missiles, to MRAPs...you name it, the Feds are turning every local cop shop across the country into a heavily armed and fortified bunker.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Posts : 1385
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-16

Back to top Go down

Why I am a "cop basher". Empty Re: Why I am a "cop basher".

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum