Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bike Week Crashes...

2 posters

Go down

Bike Week Crashes... Empty Bike Week Crashes...

Post  News Hawk Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:44 pm

One, Friday, occurred at the corner of Parade and Roller Coaster Roads.  One turned to take a right, and the other ran into him. One rider was air-lifted to hospital with head injuries.

More seriously, a head-on collision on Rt. 107 resulted in one biker hitting two riders after crossing the double-yellow. This was heard on the radio, and I thought I heard there was at least one fatality. I'll update when I hear more.

Mid-week, a female rider entered Wolfeboro's Huggins Hospital Emergency Room with some "tore-up" damage. (Heard discussion between two biker friends of hers).

Nine years ago, there were many fatalities:

According to the Herald Tribune, there were 20 deaths over the course of that year. The 20 fatalities were one of the highest nationwide for a [Daytona] bike week. For two other major rallies in Sturgis and in Myrtle Beach, the records were 13 riders killed at each event.
Herald Tribune

LACONIA- By contrast, 10 people were killed in 2006, one of the deadliest years for the event, according to the Concord Monitor. Three motorcyclists were killed last year. (2014).
Nashua Telegraph

Shocked
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Bike Week Crashes... Empty Re: Bike Week Crashes...

Post  WHL Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:11 pm

We had to go to Warner for a memorial service yesterday and on 93 we saw a bike accident that had just happened. The other bikers were trying to help a guy up but he couldn't make it. He had a lot of blood on him.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bike Week Crashes... Empty Update:

Post  News Hawk Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:44 am

THE GILMANTON FIRE DEPARTMENT CLOSED a section of Province Road on Saturday, after Motorcycle Week’s first fatal accident.

Gilmanton — Motorcycle Week’s only fatal accident this year sent two people to the hospital and closed down Route 107 in Gilmanton for about three hours on Saturday.

Around 5:20 p.m., the Gilmanton Fire and Police departments responded to a reported two-vehicle accident on Province Road, in the area of Gardner Cove Road, according to Police Chief Joseph Collins.

First responders arriving at the scene found that one motorcycle carrying two people traveling northbound crossed the yellow line and hit another motorcycle driven by one person heading south.

“The driver of the motorcycle that crossed the yellow line did not survive the crash,” Collins said. “The other two people had serious injuries.”

Collins said one survivor was flown to the hospital by the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advanced Response Team, while the other was taken to the hospital by an ambulance.

Police and firefighters closed Province Road about two miles south of The Corners for about three hours and opened it to traffic around 8:30 p.m.

Collins said police don’t yet know the cause of the accident and haven’t released the identification of those involved, pending notification of the family.
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:49 pm

My nephew lives near there and saw the emergency vehicles go by his house.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down