Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama response to scandals sounds like me scolding my 9-year-old

Go down

Obama response to scandals sounds like me scolding my 9-year-old Empty Obama response to scandals sounds like me scolding my 9-year-old

Post  fshnski Fri May 17, 2013 9:38 am

Former Obama White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs — now an MSNBC contributor — explained to Andrea Mitchell Tuesday afternoon that President Obama made White House Press Secretary Jay Carney’s job more difficult.

Carney would have had an easier time defending the president, suggested Gibbs, if the president had spoken out on the IRS scandal over the weekend.

“The problem is this — the tenor of this briefing would be different if the president had spoken about this on Saturday or Sunday and not on Monday,” Gibbs explained shortly after Carney struggled to answer reporters’ questions in the White House press briefing.

Gibbs added that Obama should have been a little more forceful during his press conference response to the IRS reports, remarking that the president's tone on Monday reminded him of "what I do with my 9-year-old."

Gibbs suggested that Obama should have proposed a tough commission to look at the issue while waiting for the Inspector General to release a report on the scandal.

“I think they would have a much better way of talking about this story rather than simply kind of landing on the, ‘Well, if this happened, then we’ll look at it’ — it sounds exceedingly passive to me,” Gibbs concluded.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/robert-gibbs-obama-response-sounds-like-me-scolding-my-9-year-old/article/2529659
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down