Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is what our country's coming too.

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This is what our country's coming too. Empty This is what our country's coming too.

Post  fshnski Fri May 17, 2013 12:45 pm

The NYPD plans to build a fortress around the World Trade Center site once it’s completed — and the measures have downtown residents up in arms.

The $40 million police proposal would limit traffic over a 16-acre swath of the Financial District and includes guardhouses, bollards and checkpoints, documents show.

Residents wanted Greenwich Street to be finally fully open to traffic — it was cut off by the original Twin Towers — but the NYPD rejected that idea in favor of security checkpoints on cars and trucks, documents show.

East-west traffic between West and Church streets also will be cut off by the plan, which puts security barriers on Vesey and Fulton streets and an elaborate “sally port” on Liberty Street so cops can check tour buses.

The plan was laid out in an environmental-impact statement required by city and state laws.

The deadline on comments for the proposal is next Wednesday, and the police and other agencies expect to begin construction of street barriers, security booths, sidewalk bollards and other installations later this year.

The plan also calls for bollards that would run the length of West Street from Vesey to Liberty streets and along Church Street and Trinity Place.

About seven intersections will be limited by a dual-barricade system controlled by police officers in guard stations.

“Each personnel booth would be up to approximately 11 feet tall with a building footprint measuring up to approximately 12 feet by six feet,” documents show.

Some downtown activists say the plan goes too far.

The NYPD will “close access to many of the streets that under the original plan for the redevelopment were supposed to be open,” said Julie Menin, former chair of Community Board 1.

Menin, a candidate for Manhattan borough president, was among those to oppose an early draft of the plan presented last year to the City Planning Commission.

But other experts in urban planning say the police proposal will help the neighborhood and its businesses by encouraging people to walk or bicycle.

“It’s going to be better for pedestrians and it’s going to be worse for vehicles. That’s a good thing,” said Jeff Zupan, of the Regional Plan Association.

“The bad thing is that you have these checkpoints that make it look more like an armed camp or a gated community.”

NY Post
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

This is what our country's coming too. Empty The Terrorists Have Won...

Post  News Hawk Fri May 17, 2013 2:43 pm

I think I'll write a suggestion that the area needs a mosque built there.

Very Happy

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

This is what our country's coming too. Empty Re: This is what our country's coming too.

Post  News Buzzard Fri May 17, 2013 4:28 pm

Pretty soon our Homeland Security budget will be as big as our Pentagon budget. Get ready to pony up a lot more money to fight the threats of terrorism. I wouldn't be surprised if the FBI is monitoring this site, with all of the Obama trash talk! Does anyone hear any clicking on their phone lines? king
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

This is what our country's coming too. Empty Re: This is what our country's coming too.

Post  News Hawk Fri May 17, 2013 8:25 pm

Forget the FBI:

"When Congressmen asked Mr. Miller whether the targeting of conservative groups was divulged to Obama administration officials outside the I.R.S., Mr. Miller said “that would be a violation of law.
—NYTs

Suspect
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri May 17, 2013 8:42 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Pretty soon our Homeland Security budget will be as big as our Pentagon budget. Get ready to pony up a lot more money to fight the threats of terrorism. I wouldn't be surprised if the FBI is monitoring this site, with all of the Obama trash talk! Does anyone hear any clicking on their phone lines? king

Do you only care about the bottom line?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat May 18, 2013 1:40 pm

fshnski wrote:
News Buzzard wrote:Pretty soon our Homeland Security budget will be as big as our Pentagon budget. Get ready to pony up a lot more money to fight the threats of terrorism. I wouldn't be surprised if the FBI is monitoring this site, with all of the Obama trash talk! Does anyone hear any clicking on their phone lines? king

Do you only care about the bottom line?

lol! lol!

That was again an igotcha!!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat May 18, 2013 4:12 pm

You 2 are the ones who are chronically complaining about your taxes, not me!! You want security, you have to pay for it. I'm good with that! afro
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat May 18, 2013 6:07 pm

I have absolutely no problem with you paying for what you think you need. If it wasn't for the misguided left we wouldn't be in such a need for "security".
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat May 18, 2013 6:23 pm

Let me see if I can wrap my hands around this: The left is responsible, so I'm not paying any more taxes! If you and WHL have to pay $10 more in taxes, it's off to the wailing wall!! Sad
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat May 18, 2013 6:27 pm

[quote="News Buzzard"]Let me see if I can wrap my hands around this: The left is responsible, so I'm not paying any more taxes! If you and WHL have to pay $10 more in taxes, it's off to the wailing wall!! Sad [/quo

That sounds to me like you are inferring somebody is a Jew. Is this another example from the party of acceptance? You racist!
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat May 18, 2013 7:31 pm

I know it's awful calling somebody a racist, but what else can I think? You disparage folks from our southern states and now you imply Jewish people are cheap? What's next? Discrediting angry old white guys? Oh ... never mind ... you already did that.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat May 18, 2013 8:47 pm

No, actually I was inferring that you are cheap! If you're taxes go up $10 you get your boxers in a bunch! I guess now I'll be an anti-boxite! afro
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat May 18, 2013 9:13 pm

Yeah, sure ...
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat May 18, 2013 10:28 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Let me see if I can wrap my hands around this: The left is responsible, so I'm not paying any more taxes! If you and WHL have to pay $10 more in taxes, it's off to the wailing wall!! Sad
FWIW, it's this adminstration that has stated:

Paying income taxes is voluntary.

Suspect
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun May 19, 2013 7:38 am

Were you inferring or implying, NB?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun May 19, 2013 10:11 am

I said inferring, didn't I?
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun May 19, 2013 12:46 pm

fshnski wrote:I have absolutely no problem with you paying for what you think you need. If it wasn't for the misguided left we wouldn't be in such a need for "security".

Who missed the warnings on 9/11/01 ?

Who invaded Afghanistan and started a decade long, nation building quagmire ?

Who invaded Iraq on false pretenses and botched the regime change ?

Answer: Not the left !

You guys have very short memories! (how convenient)
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun May 19, 2013 1:04 pm

Try staying in this decade.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun May 19, 2013 1:09 pm

What are you trying to say? It's the left's turn to fleece the nation?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun May 19, 2013 1:16 pm

fshnski wrote:Try staying in this decade.

That's the standard answer from everyone who wants to forget the Bush disaster!

fshnski wrote:What are you trying to say? It's the left's turn to fleece the nation?

Since when is the left fleecing the nation? This is one of the lowest taxed countries in the world, but we shouldn't let the facts get in our way!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun May 19, 2013 1:21 pm

I do not care about any other country. I am talking about my country and it's degradation from bias politics and the influx of foreigners. If you want something, you do it!
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun May 19, 2013 1:32 pm

The influx of foreigners has been going on for years, and the right is responsible for the political bias. When the highest Republican in the Senate tells the country that his number 1 priority is to get rid of the president, it's a shameful display of partisanship. The Republicans have lodged a record number of filibusters in the Senate since Obama was sworn in, and McConnell has even filibustered a piece of his own legislation. The Republican party has been destroyed by the blockheads in the Tea Party, and they still don't seem to understand why they got their butts kicked in the last election. It's business as usual!

That's good for the Democrats!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun May 19, 2013 1:38 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
fshnski wrote:I have absolutely no problem with you paying for what you think you need. If it wasn't for the misguided left we wouldn't be in such a need for "security".

Who missed the warnings on 9/11/01 ?

Who invaded Afghanistan and started a decade long, nation building quagmire ?

Who invaded Iraq on false pretenses and botched the regime change ?

Answer: Not the left !

You guys have very short memories! (how convenient)

To save an adminstration—now stained with realizations—who's going to start a war over Syria?
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun May 19, 2013 1:45 pm

I guess you're trying to say that our invasion of 2 countries in the mideast did nothing to de-stabilize the region. It's all Obama's fault. The world started on January, 2009.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun May 19, 2013 1:55 pm

This is what our country's coming too. B3fVXSu
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next