Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone watching the presidents talk?

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anyone watching the presidents talk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone watching the presidents talk?

Post  fshnski Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:25 pm

It seems the president knows not right from wrong.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Anyone watching the presidents talk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone watching the presidents talk?

Post  WHL Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:30 pm

I liked what Mitt said today on Cavuto. He said that he didn't run for president for the benefits and parties. He also said anyone who runs for president and doesn't know that they will be running with the media against them, has a very low IQ. I thought those were two pretty good statements, though those may not have been his exact words.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:08 pm

Obama has lost Alan Colmes: it appears he's been "Hannitized".

Shocked
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:28 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Obama says the congress has been aware of the policy all along. Were they or were they not?

You can't have 100% security and 100% privacy. Been to an airport lately?

It appears the answer is No, congress did NOT know about Prism. (Other than a handful of Democrats)

Before you make " You can't have 100% security..." Your new signature, you best review Obama's inauguration speech again. Laughing
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:29 pm

Outerlimits wrote:
News Buzzard wrote:Obama says the congress has been aware of the policy all along. Were they or were they not?

You can't have 100% security and 100% privacy. Been to an airport lately?

It appears the answer is No, congress did NOT know about Prism. (Other than a handful of Democrats)

Before you make " You can't have 100% security..." Your new signature, you best review Obama's inauguration speech again. Laughing

Hear, Hear!

Last edited by fshnski on Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:05 pm

WHL wrote:I liked what Mitt said today on Cavuto. He said that he didn't run for president for the benefits and parties. He also said anyone who runs for president and doesn't know that they will be running with the media against them, has a very low IQ. I thought those were two pretty good statements, though those may not have been his exact words.

Speaking of Cavuto, he was interviewing an Obot, which had some interesting outcomes:

"Fox News host Neil Cavuto on Saturday cut the mic of the incredibly "offensive" and "obnoxious" liberal shill Julian Epstein for refusing to have a serious discussion about the current White House scandals and instead insisting on echoing Democrat talking points.

(Where have we seen this before).

scratch

Cavuto asked his guest, “What part of Custer don’t you understand here, where you’re surrounded, and you see one incident after another that comes up, and it all it all comes back to the same basic issue: privacy’s invaded or potentially invaded, institutions of all sorts doing pretty much the same thing. There is a pattern.”

“If you want to conflate and combine all these issues and then make these general statements, you can do that,” Epstein said. “I just don’t think it’s a thoughtful way of approaching it.”

Cavuto interrupted his guest and shouted, “Why don’t you think about what I said, Julian? I’m asking you to think and connect all the – no, no, Julian, don’t play the politics game.”

“I don’t connect the dots,” argued Epstein.

This got Cavuto even angrier. “Julian, I’m telling you, drop the liberal thing and focus on the reality thing. You have one entity after another going after the American people. You have one system of government, one agency, one department after another essentially doing the same thing. You can call that conflating. I am telling you there is a pattern, and you’re just shrugging your shoulders. But I guarantee you, Julian, if it were George Bush doing it, you would rightly be all over it.”

“That’s wrong,” Epstein dishonestly said. “That’s actually incorrect because…look, you can’t conflate all of these issues. You have to speak about them separately because they’re very different. In the case of the IRS, I agree the targeting was wrong, but there was never any connection to the White House. Nobody’s proven that.”

At that moment, one of Cavuto’s other guests, Charlie Gasparino, said off-camera, “This guy would make a lousy reporter.”

As Epstein continued with the White House talking points, Cavuto interrupted again saying, “I’m not going to get anywhere arguing this point. Ben Stein, Julian, no, you are saying nothing. I’m sorry, Julian, you’re saying nothing and it’s offensive. Because Ben Stein, Julian, why don’t you talk facts? It’s annoying how obnoxious you can be on the reality.”

Epstein tried again to give the Democratic Party line, and Cavuto snapped, “I’m not going to play this game with you, Julian. You play the same damn game dismissing one institution.”

When Epstein continued to speak, Cavuto said, “Cut his mic. Guys, cut his mic, he’s going nowhere fast. Cut his mic.”

Cavuto then moved onto to Stein before once again saying, “Cut his damn mic!”

Certainly, there have to be many far more intellectually honest people on the left interested in having a meaningful discussion about the important issues facing the nation than this shameless shill.http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/06/08/neil-cavuto-cuts-mic-obnoxious-liberal-guest-echoing-white-house-talk#ixzz2VfVn7uwl

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:17 pm

That was very interesting. Thanks for posting that.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:36 pm

Definition for "shill":

A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing he has a close relationship with the person or organization.

"Shill" typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression he is an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) for whom he is secretly working. The person or group who hires the shill is using crowd psychology, to encourage other onlookers or audience members to purchase the goods or services (or accept the ideas being marketed). Shills are often employed by professional marketing campaigns. "Plant" and "stooge" more commonly refer to any person who is secretly in league with another person or organization while pretending to be neutral or actually a part of the organization he is planted in, such as a magician's audience, a political party, or an intelligence organization (see double agent).[citation needed]

Auctioneer and assistants, Cheviot, Ohio.
Shilling is illegal in many circumstances and in many jurisdictions[1] because of the potential for fraud and damage, however, if a shill does not place uninformed parties at a risk of loss, but merely generates "buzz," the shill's actions may be legal. For example, a person planted in an audience to laugh and applaud when desired (see claque), or to participate in on-stage activities as a "random member of the audience," is a type of legal shill.

"Shill" can also be used pejoratively to describe a critic who appears either all-too-eager to heap glowing praise upon mediocre offerings, or who acts as an apologist for glaring flaws.

In this sense, the critic would be an implicit shill for the industry at large, possibly because his income is tied to its prosperity. The origin of the term "shill" is uncertain; it may be an abbreviation of "shillaber." The word originally denoted a carnival worker who pretended to be a member of the audience in an attempt to elicit interest in an attraction."
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2