Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Those loopy lefties ...

+2
WHL
fshnski
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Those loopy lefties ... - Page 2 Empty Re: Those loopy lefties ...

Post  WHL Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:44 am

I have told you before, we are not one and the same.  I figure the Admin. has been kind enough to set up this forum and allow me to help him with it.  But Admin. does not believe in heavy moderation and that is fine with me.  I agree that only vicious attacks against members or "outs" need to be moderated.  Maybe something else will come up in the future that we think needs to be moderated but for now, we don't want to be heavy handed.  The most successful forums in the past were the least moderated ones.  Being funny is not being vicious.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:43 am

Christine Quinn is rushing to pass the anti-racial-profiling bill before the Sept. 10 democratic mayoral primary to pander to liberal and minority voters, Queens City Councilman Peter Vallone Jr. charged yesterday.

“The [council] speaker is adding meetings next week for the sole purpose of passing the bill. Political thinking is behind it,” said Vallone, chair of the Public Safety Committee.

“Virtually everyone subject to a police action will be given an automatic right to the court,” Vallone said, citing the “disparate impact” provision of the legislation, which targets the NYPD’s stop-and-frisk tactics.

That means people can sue the city if they can show that a higher percentage of their protected class — based on race, gender, age or other factors — was stopped than their overall percentage of the city’s population.

“The only way to stop that would be to stop women 50 percent of the time. Otherwise, every NYPD action would end up in state court,” Vallone said.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/foes_hit_quinn_rush_for_anti_profile_pEYgtrsfvJf3Olsfe5MiNK
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:46 am

From the above article.

Richter, Detectives Endowment Association President Mike Palladino, PBA President Pat Lynch and other police-union bigs criticized Quinn at City Hall yesterday.

“The speaker is manipulating legislation for personal gain, selling the security of all New Yorkers for votes in the upcoming election,” Palladino said.

And PBA President Pat Lynch also piled on.

“The proposal claims to protect the rights of innocent citizens but will instead protect the criminals by making it much more difficult for police to arrests them,” Lynch fumed. “It is a politically driven piece of garbage legislation that will cost lives and bring crime and disorder back to the city.”
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:04 am

WHL wrote:I have told you before, we are not one and the same.  I figure the Admin. has been kind enough to set up this forum and allow me to help him with it.  But Admin. does not believe in heavy moderation and that is fine with me.  I agree that only vicious attacks against members or "outs" need to be moderated.  Maybe something else will come up in the future that we think needs to be moderated but for now, we don't want to be heavy handed.  The most successful forums in the past were the least moderated ones.  Being funny is not being vicious.

The least moderated forums are all gone! How successful is that? You should take a few lessons from the moderator at the Winni Forum. That's been around the longest. This forum has a persistent cancer who is not allowed on the Winni Forum without moderation!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:10 am

Who are you trying to kid? You don't want it moderated, you want it censored!
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:41 am

I have to agree with fsh, NB.  You have no problem is someone is on the left but if they are on the right, you are totally intolerant.  You don't want it moderated.  The person you are referring to was on this forum before you and he has been a faithful contributor and I expect him to continue to be.  With you, I am never sure.  So you will have to either ignore the person you don't like, or continue to live with him.  Actually, I think he has been pretty good on this forum.  I don't think he has been out of line at all.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:22 pm

WHL wrote:"...this forum..."

I see an analogy!

News Crows are to this forum what

Obama is to this American nation.

Very Happy
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:06 pm

Look folks, I am not going to take sides and I am not going censor anyone short of there being personal attacks and vulgarity. It appears to be an equal amount of spirited ribbing on both sides. If you don’t like the way things are run here, start your own forum.

Admin
Admin

https://wolfgil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:24 pm

Admin wrote:Look folks, I am not going to take sides and I am not going censor anyone short of there being personal attacks and vulgarity. It appears to be an equal amount of spirited ribbing on both sides. If you don’t like the way things are run here, start your own forum.

Thanks Admin.  That is what I have told them.   

BTW, I still cannot get my cursor down below in the white box.    
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:45 pm

...change the channel...

I hear Wolfeboro's Stalinist forum is really hoppin'.

bounce
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:27 pm

It is, NH?  Why is it really hoppin'?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2