Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think they should keep their noses out of our business!

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I think they should keep their noses out of our business! Empty I think they should keep their noses out of our business!

Post  fshnski Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:16 pm

The left will stoop to any level to further their agenda. 

CONCORD - The organizers of the Mayors Against Illegal Guns campaign on Wednesday apologized for including Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev among a list of shooting victims' names that were read during a demonstration in Concord on Tuesday.

The apology came after several groups, including the New Hampshire Republican Party, blasted the Mayors Against Illegal Guns campaign for including his name.

The Mayors Against Illegal Guns campaign put out a statement Wednesday saying rally organizers relied on a list compiled by Slate.com of people killed by guns since the Dec. 14 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., "and his name was on the list."

Tsarnaev was killed April 19 during a gunfight with police in Watertown, Mass., while trying to evade capture following the April 15 bombing.

"Tamerlan Tsarnaev was a murderous terrorist and a cold-blooded killer," NHGOP Chairman Jennifer Horn said in a statement released about two hours before the apology. "It is outrageous that Mayor Bloomberg's gun control group is so radical and out of touch with New Hampshire values that it believes this monster should be labeled as some kind of victim."

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg founded the Mayors Against Illegal Guns campaign, which includes Boston Mayor Thomas Menino as a co-chairman. In New Hampshire, only Dover Mayor Dean Trefethen is a member of the group.

The gun control group's statement said the rally, which began last Friday, features volunteers, survivors of gun violence and family members of those shot and killed reading the names of "victims since the Newtown tragedy to show the very real and personal cost of gun violence, and to help prevent more names from being added to a list that tragically grows longer each day."

Tsarnaev "was absolutely not a victim, his name should have been deleted before the list was provided to a family member for reading and his name should never have been read. It was a mistake, it should not have happened and we sincerely apologize," the statement said.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130619/NEWS06/130619117
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

I think they should keep their noses out of our business! Empty Re: I think they should keep their noses out of our business!

Post  News Hawk Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:50 pm

...it seemed like a good idea at the time...

Embarassed
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

I think they should keep their noses out of our business! Empty Re: I think they should keep their noses out of our business!

Post  News Buzzard Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:15 pm

They said it was a mistake and apologized. The same thing happened recently when the killer of the Greenland Police Chief's name was added to a memorial for deceased firefighters in the Rye FD. They screwed up and admitted it. You would think folks would be better at proof-reading this stuff, but mistakes happen.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:19 pm

I don't think it was a mistake.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:28 pm

Well, was Tamerlan Tsarnaev a "victim" of a firearm or not?

scratch

I remember when the NYTs would list the victims of a suicide-bomber—and include the bomber!
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

I think they should keep their noses out of our business! Empty From the UL

Post  fshnski Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:47 am

This is one man's opinion. I agree with what he says.

If you were surprised at the anger displayed during Tuesday’s anti-gun rally in Concord, don’t be. It was deliberate. 

The rally was part of a national bus tour organized by Mayors Against Illegal Guns, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s anti-gun organization. A Guardian newspaper story about the tour reported its purpose this way: “The organisers of the bus tour hope it will sustain the public anger that surged after the killing of so many small children in Newtown, and maintain pressure on the opposing senators ahead of a possible second vote on the issue.”

People of New Hampshire, you are pawns in a national anti-gun campaign. The millions of dollars in TV ads, the Astroturf letters to the editor, the busing in of Newtown parents, all of it is a massive campaign of emotional manipulation.

In Concord, instead of making a reasoned case for restricting Second Amendment rights, the anti-gun zealots read the names of people they claimed were victims of gun violence. One of the names was Tammerlan Tsarnaev, the Boston Marathon bomber. 

This is how stupid they think Granite Staters are.

Nothing better illustrates the anti-gun lobby’s contempt for common sense than the inclusion of Tsarnaev’s name in a supposed list of gun violence victims. On Wednesday Mayors Against Illegal Guns apologized for including Tsarnaev and said it got the list from Slate.com. So yet again it used questionable data it didn’t bother to check to promote its agenda. How nice.

Mayors Against Illegal Guns wanted to make Granite Staters angry, and it did. Only the anger was directed not at U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte, but at the out-of-staters who came here — again — to manipulate us.

It was anger well earned.

The people of New Hampshire have had enough, Bloomberg. We get it. You think the Second Amendment is an anachronism and that the right to bear arms must be infringed. We disagree. TV ads and bus tours are not going to change our minds. So please, leave us alone and take your agitation elsewhere. 

We have had enough of it.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130620/OPINION01/130629985/1004/opinion
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:31 pm

News Bustard wrote:"...mistakes will happen..."

"...Mistakes were made..."
—World's best Spinmeister
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Yup ...
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

I think they should keep their noses out of our business! Empty Anti-gun campaign comes under more fire.

Post  fshnski Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:30 pm

CONCORD - The Mayors Against Illegal Guns campaign came under increased fire Thursday when it was learned that a Slate.com list it was using to read off names of "victims" of gun violence included criminals and murderers killed by police.

On Wednesday, the gun control group issued an apology after the New Hampshire Union Leader reported that the group read the name of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev during its "No More Names" rally in Concord. The organization said Tsarnaev, who was killed during a gunfight with police on April 19 while trying to escape in the aftermath of the April 15 bombing, was not a "victim" and his name shouldn't have been included.

On Thursday, the New Hampshire Republican Party further criticized the organization, which was founded by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, because the list it was using includes such people as Christopher Dorner, a former Los Angeles police officer who went on a killing spree in February, and Kevin Bailey, who was killed by police in Solon, Ohio, after opening fire on officers during a traffic stop.

"It is disgusting that Mayor Bloomberg's radical out-of-state gun control group came to New Hampshire and honored so many thugs, murderers and terrorists. Mayor Bloomberg owes every Granite Stater a personal apology for the outrageous conduct of his extremist organization." NHGOP Chairman Jennifer Horn said in a statement.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130620/NEWS06/130629886
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

I think they should keep their noses out of our business! Empty It IS their business!

Post  obervantone Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:46 pm

Boston Globe  Feb 3, 2013

Many guns found in Massachusetts travel only a short distance: 133 crime guns were traced to New Hampshire in 2011, and 79 to Maine, according to the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives. Those states alone accounted for nearly one-third of the 669 crime guns traced to states outside of Massachusetts.

New Hampshire and Maine, unlike Massachusetts, do not require a permit or license to buy a gun, although weapons bought at federally licensed gun shops are subjected to a background check.

Deaths by firearms in New Hampshire occur at twice the rate in Massachusetts; in Maine, the rate is triple.

“Massachusetts probably has the toughest laws on the books, but what happens is people go across borders and buy guns and bring them into our state,” Menino said last week. “Guns have no borders.”
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:20 pm

Shocked I'll have to look for it, but a large percentage were shot by police, and many "victims" were, themselves,  murderers! Surprised
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

I think they should keep their noses out of our business! Empty "Scrubbing" The List That MADE IT THEIR Business...

Post  News Hawk Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:50 pm

Here it is...

(MAKING it their business has them ducking and covering...)

“This calls into question every statistic that Bloomberg and MAIG has used and will use to promote their cause,” said NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam. “Bloomberg has proven that he will stop at nothing, including repeating flawed statistics, in pursuit of his gun control agenda.  And he'll do this with no regard for the truth.”

"Mayors Against Illegal Guns said they plan to scrub the list. They also said the focus shouldn’t be on the circumstances of the shootings, but the numbers.

"A separate analysis looked at 13 gun deaths in Montana listed on the Slate list used by Bloomberg’s group. It found that more than half were the result of police shootings or suicide."
http://washingtonexaminer.com/1-in-12-on-bloombergs-gun-victims-list-are-crime-suspects/article/2532224
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

I think they should keep their noses out of our business! Empty It IS their business!

Post  obervantone Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:28 pm

News Hawk:
“This calls into question every statistic that Bloomberg and MAIG has used and will use to promote their cause,” said NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam. “Bloomberg has proven that he will stop at nothing, including repeating flawed statistics, in pursuit of his gun control agenda.  And he'll do this with no regard for the truth.”

"Mayors Against Illegal Guns said they plan to scrub the list. They also said the focus shouldn’t be on the circumstances of the shootings, but the numbers.

"A separate analysis looked at 13 gun deaths in Montana listed on the Slate list used by Bloomberg’s group. It found that more than half were the result of police shootings or suicide."

Boston Globe Feb. 3, 2013

Many guns found in Massachusetts travel only a short distance: 133 crime guns were traced to New Hampshire in 2011, and 79 to Maine, according to the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives. Those states alone accounted for nearly one-third of the 669 crime guns traced to states outside of Massachusetts.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:52 am

observantone wrote:Many guns found in Massachusetts travel only a short distance.

1) Crime-laden Lowell and Lawrence are only a short distance from the NH border.

2) Massachusetts has a sales tax—New Hampshire does not.

observantone wrote:
according to the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives

The same folks that brought "Operation Fast and Furious" to the embarrassing attention of an embarrassed Eric Holder?

observantone wrote:

Those states alone accounted for nearly one-third of the 669 crime guns traced to states outside of Massachusetts.

Maybe Massachusetts should adopt Mayor Rahm Emmanuel's Gun-Control program for Chicago? It's working so well...

tongue
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:15 am

You can't believe much of what you read.  The Boston Globe is going to print one thing, while the Herald is going to print another.  Even the GSN right here in little old Wolfeboro, gets things wrong.  So you can only believe what you actually see.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

I think they should keep their noses out of our business! Empty Source material is everything

Post  obervantone Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:56 pm

NH
...you quote the NRA claiming to quote the Mayors while I quote the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. 

Massachusetts gun laws are among the toughest in the nation so a quick trip north, or use of a straw gun sale from NH or Maine is nearly impossible to do, right? 

WHL
So now you are saying you don't believe the news media, and don't believe the government and will only believe what you see for yourself?   How's that working out for you?

Bottom line, the Mayors are doing something to try to reduce gun related crime in their communities.  They are trying to eliminate guns used in crimes from the states that have lax or no gun laws.  How anti-American!
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:52 pm

I have ALWAYS said you can't believe half of what you read.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:50 pm

I have always said "Keep your nose in your own business".
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:13 pm

obsertantone wrote:Bottom line, the Mayors are doing something to try to reduce gun related crime in their communities.  They are trying to eliminate guns used in crimes from the states that have lax or no gun laws.  How anti-American!
1) First they use any victim—even the criminal or the criminal-victim as a number to be regarded as fact.

2) Communities like New York City and Chicago have strict gun laws...how's that working out for them? Without allowing the stand-up citizen to even the playing field, Bloomberg and Emmanuel should keep their noses out of New Hampshire's business.

It's un-American to deny the Bill of Rights to Legal Americans.
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:15 pm

Madonna (Really): 'Guns Don't Kill People, People Kill People' By Tom Blumer Created 06/22/2013 - 12:15pm

There's no word on whether Elizabeth Vargas had to receive smelling salts during her interview of Madonna which appeared on "Good Morning America." But it wouldn't be a surprise if she did.

When the ABC reporter, whose interview was relayed by the network's Sabrina Parise and posted at Yahoo.com, questioned the diva's use of gun choreography in her current tour's stage show, she certainly expected a robust defense. But she probably didn't expect a trip into the land of the Second Amendment. Nonetheless, that's what happened (bolds are mine):

... (the) choreography drew criticism with the first act of her tour relying heavily on the use of guns. Despite that criticism, Madonna says she never would have left that part out of her MDNA Tour documentary.

"That would be like asking people to not have guns in action movies," she said. "I mean the thing is, guns don't kill people, people kill people. That whole first section of the show is like an action movie, and I was playing a super vixen who wanted revenge."
Madonna even gave a statement that she does not condone violence, and that her work is art and nothing more.

"But I know there was several movies that delayed release because of the shootings, for example, at Sandy Hook Elementary school," Vargas said.
"Well that's not going to change the situation," Madonna replied. "This all comes from fear and ignorance, and people not really raising their children, or not paying attention to what's going on."

So far, the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" quote is still in the video at the link. It will be interesting to see if it survives long-term. Someone who's tech-savvy ought to figure out how to save the full interview in case it gets snipped.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

I think they should keep their noses out of our business! Empty Massachusetts Has Bigger Problems than Having New Hampshire as a Bordering State...

Post  News Hawk Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:19 am

obervantone wrote:
Many guns found in Massachusetts travel only a short distance:

Massachusetts Has Bigger Problems than Having New Hampshire as a Bordering State...

A state audit Tuesday found Massachusetts has handed $18 million of dollars in “questionable public assistance benefits” over the past few years, including welfare to more than 1,160 people who were either dead or using a deceased person’s social security number.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/05/28/welfare-audit-finds-abuses/ISNXNcjm8l93X7AZX8zMnO/story.html

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:19 am

Mass can do whatever they want to do.  But I hate when they think NH should be like them.  And I hate when the people who move here want to change this state to Mass. which I think they are doing a pretty good job in doing.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:22 am

If I wanted to live in Mass I would have moved there. If you want to live in Mass, move there.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:35 am

Yes.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:17 am

What New York did to Vermont, Mass is doing to New Hampshire!

Well, actually New York is doing it to NH as well...

No
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next