Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police shoot dog

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Police shoot dog Empty Police shoot dog

Post  Anti Federalist Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:27 pm

Been a running project of mine for about a year now.

Keeping a record of reported incidents of cops unjustly shooting people's pets.

Police shoot dog

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?390564-Police-shoot-dog
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Police shoot dog Empty Re: Police shoot dog

Post  WHL Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:26 pm

Oh, please. I keep hearing about that and I would die if someone did that to one of my babies. I love them like my kids.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:25 pm

WHL wrote:Oh, please.  I keep hearing about that and I would die if someone did that to one of my babies.  I love them like my kids.

Ohhhh, then you might not want to dig too deeply in that thread. Evil or Very Mad

Do not call cops.

But if they do show up, for whatever reason, make sure your dogs are locked up and secure and nowhere near them.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:27 pm

Believe me, I didn't. As soon as I saw all the links, I said to self: "Nope, not going to look at all of them." I couldn't bear it. After listening to you, I hope I never need to call them. Why can't I just be invisible???? This life is getting too complicated.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:29 pm

El Monte Police Fatally Shoot Family Dog Inside Fenced Yard

http://ktla.com/2013/06/21/el-monte-police-fatally-shoot-family-dog-inside-fenced-yard/#axzz2X0somYMY

22 June 2013

EL MONTE, Calif. (KTLA) — Police were investigating the fatal officer-involved shooting of a two-year-old German shepherd inside the fenced-in yard of a family in El Monte.

Officers came to the home on Maxson Road on Wednesday to follow-up on a report of a runaway teenager.

Kiki was later euthanized at a veterinary hospital.

The encounter with the dog, named Kiki, was recorded by a home security camera.

It showed two police officers arriving at the home of Cathy Luu and her husband Chi Nguyen around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Police said the officers shook the gate and otherwise took care to check if there were dogs present in the yard before opening the gate and entering, according to a report in the San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

But family members said the officers were supposed to call ahead and entered the yard without checking for dogs, despite two “beware of dog” signs.

At first the police department agreed to pay the veterinary bill, but after learning it would cost $7,000 to save her, the offer was rescinded, Nguyen said.

When the family couldn’t come up with the money, Kiki was euthanized, Nguyen said.

Police were conducting an internal investigation into the shooting, El Monte police Capt. Dan Buehler told the newspaper.

Police did not name the officer who shot the dog, however the family identified her as Officer A. Castillo.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:30 pm

Concord: Owners of cocker spaniel shot by police seek apology

By Rick Hurd, Contra Costa Times
mercurynews.com
Posted: 06/24/2013 05:05:46 PM PDT
June 25, 2013 1:35 AM GMTUpdated: 06/24/2013 06:35:00 PM PDT

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_23530614/concord-owners-cocker-spaniel-shot-by-police-seek

CONCORD -- Two Concord roommates are seeking an explanation as to why a police officer shot their aging cocker spaniel during a neighborhood search for a suspicious person last week.

Zach Grimm and Dave Biller say Kirby, a 13-year-old cocker spaniel, is recovering from a gunshot wound to the shoulder after barking at an officer in the backyard of their home in the 2000 block of Weaver Court on June 17.

But a week after the incident, the two say they have received no explanation from police about why officers were in their yard. Worse, they said, they have not received an apology from the department.

"It's obviously pretty upsetting," said Grimm, 29, who said the dog has been in his family for about 10 years. "The officer who shot at him, after it was over he just sort of had this goofy look on his face, almost like a smirk, and then he left. No explanation, no apology or anything."

Police were in the area around 4:30 p.m. after reports that a person posing as a door-to-door salesman was looking into backyards, according to Concord police Lt. Bill Roche said. In the course of the search, officers entered the backyard of the residence and were confronted by the 29-pound, reddish-brown dog.

Accounts of what happened next vary. Grimm and Biller say that Kirby simply barked at the officer "like any dog protecting its home," Grimm said. Concord police contend that the dog was aggressive enough that the officer perceived a threat and fired once only after a warning was given.

Police would not name the officer who shot the dog but did say that he has previous experience with the city's animal control unit.

"The officer determined that the dog was posing enough of a threat that he fired a single round to stop the dog," Roche said.

The department had no other comment. Police did not find the suspicious person.

Grimm and Biller said Kirby has been recovering steadily since the incident. The bullet fragmented as it entered the dog's body and a piece of it remains lodged by the spine, Biller said.

"But the wounds are healing, so we think he's going to make it," Biller said.

"I can't believe he's alive, to be honest with you," Grimm said. "I think he's trying to figure out what happened to him. He was just doing his thing, protecting his home."
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:33 pm

WHL wrote:Believe me, I didn't.  As soon as I saw all the links, I said to self: "Nope, not going to look at all of them."  I couldn't bear it.  After listening to you, I hope I never need to call them.  Why can't I just be invisible???? This life is getting too complicated.  

I try myself...but it just doesn't work.

The state and its agents of evil will find you and make your life miserable if you are not careful.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:37 pm

And just to be clear on this.

I am not trying to elevate a dog's life above a human's.

But many people have strong feelings for their pets.

This indiscriminate killings of pets, is an indication of the Circular Force Continuum that cops use and are trained with.

All they have to do is claim that "officer safety" is somehow threatened, and lethal force can be applied.

To dogs and people.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:25 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:And just to be clear on this.

I am not trying to elevate a dog's life above a human's.

But many people have strong feelings for their pets.

This indiscriminate killings of pets, is an indication of the Circular Force Continuum that cops use and are trained with.

All they have to do is claim that "officer safety" is somehow threatened, and lethal force can be applied.

To dogs and people.

Is that Concord, NH, ANTI??

I have strong feelings for my pets and I think that is just awful. I keep hearing it more and more, too. There are bad cops, just like bad everybody else. I would like to think that most of them are not like that.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:44 pm

WHL wrote:Is that Concord, NH, ANTI??

I have strong feelings for my pets and I think that is just awful.  I keep hearing it more and more, too.  There are bad cops, just like bad everybody else.  I would like to think that most of them are not like that.

No, that was Concord California.

The problem is that the profession, policing, is like politics, in that it attracts the very worst of the worst.

Indeed, most people are not that bad.

You won't catch me turning my back on a cop or politician.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:06 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:"...All they have to do is claim that "officer safety" is somehow threatened, and lethal force can be applied..."
The Government has strong unions.
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:28 pm

News Hawk wrote:
Anti Federalist wrote:"...All they have to do is claim that "officer safety" is somehow threatened, and lethal force can be applied..."
The Government has strong unions.

Yes, yes, they do.

It is, quite literally, next to impossible to fire a cop or a teacher.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:10 pm

And then, or so it appears, fails to render any aid.

Incoming Winston-Salem police chief shoots woman in the leg

http://myfox8.com/2013/06/26/crews-on-the-scene-of-officer-involved-shooting-in-winston-salem/

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — The woman shot Wednesday by incoming Winston-Salem Police Chief Barry Rountree says he did not immediately come to help her after she was shot.

“He did not come to me. He backed away,” says Tamara Whitt after being released from the hospital. “He just backed up and I saw the cell phone come out … he walked across the street over there by that car over there and he was on his phone … and I told the SBI he did not come to me.”

Investigators say Rountree shot Whitt in the leg after responding to a dangerous weapon call at 124 North Jackson Ave. around 1:30 p.m, after a 911 caller reported a man was standing on the porch with a large gun pointed at another person.

Rountree and Officer Mohammed Khan, responded to the scene stationing themselves behind Khan’s vehicle.

Whitt, who lives nearby, says her boxer dog “Lebrone” heard the officers and went down the driveway as she followed. In a Winston-Salem Police Dept. news release investigators say the dog ran toward Rountree and Khan, acting in an “aggressive manner.” Rountree attempted to shoot the dog, but his bullet hit the pavement and struck Whitt.

“The dog was closer to me than the officer, that’s where this whole thing is just out of hand,” said Whitt who questions why Rountree fired his gun while she was near the dog. “I wasn’t expecting the gun to be fired because I was right there.” Whitt also says her dog is “very passive” and “not aggressive.”

According to police, the round struck the pavement ricocheted and bullet fragments struck Whitt. Whitt says the entire 40 caliber bullet is inside her left thigh and doctors say it’s too dangerous to remove.

Whitt says officer Khan immediately radioed for help and came to her aid, but it wasn’t until after Rountree finished his phone call that he walked over to ask if she was ok.

“I just hope that the SBI does a good investigation and really sees if he really deserve to be our police [chief] because I honestly thought that was a rookie mistake.”

Lebrone - the family dog, is ok and in the custody of Forsyth County Animal Control.

The SBI is investigating the incident, which is standard protocol in officer-involved shootings.

Assistant Chief Rountree has been placed on administrative duty, while an investigation is conducted.

His swearing-in will be held as scheduled on June 30, however, Assistant Chief David Clayton will be acting as chief until Rountree returns to full duty, according to the department news release.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:" 'He did not come to me. He backed away,' says Tamara Whitt after being released from the hospital. 'He just backed up and I saw the cell phone come out … he walked across the street over there by that car over there and he was on his phone … and I told the SBI he did not come to me.' ”
Strong unions have lawyers on call.
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:45 pm

From an incident in 2012, just reported today.

Cops Shoot Family Dog Just Because

http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/06/28/58917.htm

By JACK BOUBOUSHIAN

28 June 2013

CHICAGO (CN) - Police officers in a Chicago suburb sat in front of a home for 20 minutes, then without any provocation shot the family dog, who had been calmly sitting on the front porch, the dog's owner claims in court.

Randy Green sued the Village of South Holland, police Officer Chad Barden and other unknown officers, in Federal Court.

South Holland, pop. 21,000, is a southern suburb of Chicago.

"On Sunday, July 22, 2012, two South Holland Police Officers arrived in separate vehicles at the home of Randy Green between 9-10 am, to investigate a purported dog off-leash (at large)," the complaint states.

"Upon information and belief, a caller had identified the dog at large as 'a big old gray dog runnin' around.' The caller made no mention of the dog being dangerous, vicious, or aggressive. ...

"The two South Holland officers arrived while plaintiff Randy Green and his family were asleep inside of their home, and where Mr. Green's Cane Corso dog, Grady, was sitting on the front porch.

"Upon information and belief, the chain holding Grady in the Green family backyard had popped, allowing Grady to be off leash on and around Mr. Green's residence.

"Both South Holland officers were equipped with dog-catching poles in the trunks of their vehicles, but neither attempted to use the dog-catching poles to capture the purported dog at large.

"South Holland officer Chad Barden stood, with his gun drawn, near the Green family home while the dog Grady sat on the front porch.

"The accompanying South Holland officer stood, leaning against his own police vehicle, approximately 100 feet away from Officer Chad Barden.

"The dog Grady walked past both officers on more than one occasion without incident, thereafter lazily returning to the front porch of the Green residence.

"At no time did the dog Grady make physical contact with either officer.

"The South Holland police officers stood outside the Green family home for approximately twenty minutes.

"At this time, the dog Grady approached Officer Barden again as he was standing nearest the Green family home.

"Shortly thereafter, Officer Barden shot the dog Grady three times for no reason."

Grady, wounded, ran into the back yard and Green "rushed outside" to help him and take him to a vet.

Citing an "Expert Report," Green claims that "video surveillance footage from the Green family residence revealed the absence of any charging, lunging or showing of teeth by the dog Grady and instead showed the dog Grady seeking 'greater distance between the officer and himself,' displaying 'calming [body] signals' by 'looking away from the officers and showing his [Grady's] flank,' and moving in a 'trot.'" (Brackets in complaint.)

The family immediately "took Grady to an emergency veterinary facility where Grady was treated," the complaint states.

Meanwhile, "South Holland police officers walked onto the residential property of Randy Green, including his backyard and other private areas near his home," Green claims.

A month later, South Holland police delivered a letter accusing Green of having a dangerous dog.

Green seeks damages for unreasonable seizure, trespass, intentional infliction of emotional distress, violation of the Illinois Humane Care for Animals Act, and malicious prosecution.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:56 pm

Also from last year, one of the worst I've ever seen.

Cops come and lock down a whole neighborhood looking for a "suspect".

Innocent man, walking his dog, breaking absolutely no law, walks away from cops barking orders at him.

Cops charge, tackle and thrown him down violently to the ground, and in less than 5 seconds, execute his Lab/Golden dog that he was walking, on a leash.

The whole incident was caught on night vision security cameras at a local business.

This is going to be your kid, your husband, your wife, your father, your brother very soon unless we stop this.

Dog Shot By Omaha Police Officer

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/Exclusive-Dog-Shot-By-Omaha-Police-Officer-176320491.html

An Omaha police officer shot and killed a dog on a public sidewalk. The officer’s report claims the shooting was justified; however, the owners call the incident an execution of a friendly, family pet. Mike McKnight obtained surveillance video of the incident for a Fact Finders exclusive.

On October 7th, after midnight, police blocked a street in the area of 35th and Vinton to look for an armed suspect. They say Chris Schulte, who lives in the area, ignored orders to stop and walked the family dog toward the search area. He was arrested and his dog, Teela, shot.

Chris Schulte said, “You know I should have got back but I was just walking on. Not threatening, dog wasn't being aggressive.”

In the report by Officer Schuster and Officer Clement, the officers said “suspect’s dog became aggressive, growled at officers, and showed its teeth before being shot and killed.”

Lt. Darci Tierney, Omaha Police, “The Omaha Police Department is aware of the incident and Chief Schmaderer has authorized an Internal Investigation into the matter. As with all personnel matters, the Omaha Police Department is unable to comment further. Per OPD policy, anytime an officer discharges his/her firearm during the course of their duties an arduous review of the discharge will take place.”

Tim Wagner told Channel 6 News he watched the incident, live, from inside his home via a night vision security camera.

Wagner said, “The dog didn't stand a chance. The dog did nothing aggressive. I've lived next to this dog two and a half years and it’s one of the best dogs.”

Fact Finders checked with the Nebraska Humane Society. Teela, a Labrador, golden retriever mix, had a clean record with no history of bites or vicious behavior. Schulte says Teela belonged to his aunt, Michelle Meadows.

Meadows said, “It was very shocking. I would think they would maybe taser her or something, if they thought she was being aggressive, but I don't think she was.”

The police report described Schulte as intoxicated. He was arrested, at the scene, for obstructing police and resisting arrest. He claims Teela, who was still on a leash, didn’t threaten to attack officers before one of them shot her.

“They didn't have to shoot em. Not at all. (It was an) Execution,” said Schulte.

Fact Finders showed the video to Omaha police command staff, whom provided a response. Lt. Darci Tierney said, “The Omaha Police Department is aware of the incident and Chief Schmaderer has authorized an Internal Investigation into the matter. As with all personnel matters, the Omaha Police Department is unable to comment further. Per OPD policy, anytime an officer discharges his/her firearm during the course of their duties an arduous review of the discharge will take place.”

Channel 6 News did pay for the rights to air the video.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:01 pm

Please don't show us or tell us about any more!!!!!!!!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:10 pm

WHL wrote:Please don't show us or tell us about any more!!!!!!!!

Seriously?

Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:25 pm

It makes me too sad to see this happening to these dogs. You can still post them, I just can't watch any more. Crying or Very sad 
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:50 pm

WHL wrote:It makes me too sad to see this happening to these dogs.  You can still post them, I just can't watch any more.  Crying or Very sad 

"Internet awareness" has led to local and state "Don't Shoot My Dog" laws being passed.

I know it's painful, but only by exposing it, can it be stopped, and prevented from moving on to us.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:51 am

I totally agree with you! It takes people power to change anything. Keep on posting!! I just can't read them.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:37 pm

Viral Video Appears To Show Hawthorne Police Fatally Shoot Dog

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/07/01/viral-video-appears-to-show-hawthorne-police-fatally-shoot-dog/

HAWTHORNE (CBSLA.com) — A video posted online apparently shows Hawthorne police officers fatally shooting the dog of a man filming a nearby barricade situation, an attorney said Monday.

The undated video posted June 30 on YouTube shows a man driving up to an apparent police barricade at 137th and Jefferson and then stopping to use his camera to capture images of the scene.

Attorney Michael Gulden said his client Leon Rosby was watching and taking video of the Hawthorne SWAT team when police claimed Rosby was obstructing officers during the barricade.

Rosby is seen in video footage walking with the dog – which appeared to be a Rottweiler – near several patrol cars to capture the scene on his phone.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:57 pm

HPD officer shoots pet boxer after alleged attack

http://www.khou.com/news/local/HPD-officer-shoots-pet-boxer-after-alleged-attack--214672271.html

by Rucks Russell and Shern-min Chow / KHOU 11 News

khou.com

Posted on July 8, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Updated yesterday at 12:02 PM

HARRIS COUNTY —A Harris County family is devastated over the death of their beloved boxer, which was shot by an off-duty Houston police officer.

Both sides agree that the dog was shot Friday along a walking path in the 14800 block of Cascade Bend Lane near Cypress.

According to the Fitzhenry family, their 4-year-old boxer named Gunner got out of the backyard when the children opened the gate to retrieve a ball.

Gunner approached a neighbor, who was walking his dog with his wife. There are two very different stories about what happened next.

The neighbor, HPD Officer Mark Condon, told investigators the boxer attacked them.

“The dog charged us and attacked me, my wife and one of our dogs,” Condon said in a statement released late Monday afternoon.

Dalton Fitzhenry, 12, said his dog was not threatening the officer and only wanted to play.

“All he was doing was, like, smelling the dog like he always does,” Dalton said.

Condon fired once, striking Gunner in the neck.

“He just pulled it out, like, point-blank range and shot,” said Dalton. “Gunner didn’t have the chance to run.”

Gunner died on the way to the animal emergency clinic.

Dalton’s parents said the dog was like a member of the family.

“And he was screaming and crying, and the cop just had the gun in his hand saying, ‘It’s OK, I’m a cop,’” Kim Fitzhenry said.

“I lost what to them was like their oldest brother,” said Kevin Fitzhenry. “And they lost him in front of them.”

Condon said he, his wife and their dog suffered injuries, which were documented by the Precinct 4 Constable’s Office.

“I have owned dogs and have been an animal lover my entire life. The last thing I would ever want to do is hurt an animal, especially someone’s pet,” Condon said in a statement.

The Fitzhenry family plans to lodge a formal complaint with HPD.

Neighbors on Cascade Bend Lane said their kids and pets often play in the front yards. Fidel Castillo was reigning in Bella, his playful Doberman saying, “That was Bella’s best friend.”

Castillo was referring to Gunner, who lived just two doors down at the Fitzhenry home.

“I’ve been out here many times with my 2-year-old and Gunner would just come out and play with us, lick us,” Otalia Castillo, Fidel’s wife, said.

Several families said Gunner was friendly and some helped draw pictures of the boxer with wings and a halo.

“He’s just a big baby. He was just a big baby,” Fidel Castillo said.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:03 pm

Marshfield police shoot, kill dog

Owner plans to take legal action

Jul. 11, 2013 8:35 PM

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/article/20130711/WDH0101/307110352/Marshfield-police-shoot-kill-dog

Gary Hebert, of Marshfield, is upset and angry after Marshfield police shot and killed his pit bull Wednesday night.

An officer shot the dog at about 8 p.m. Wednesday in the Oak Grove Terrace mobile home park, 1407 N. Peach Ave., because the dog charged at him, according to the police report.

The officer was pursuing the dog on foot through the mobile home park after police received complaints of an aggressive dog at large in the 1000 block of East Kalsched Street.

Steve Lopez said he called police after the dog ran toward him barking and growling while he was walking his rottweiler. A bystander, Ryan Delis, helped push the dog away with a stick.

“I felt nervous for the little kids playing out there with their Yorkie,” Lopez said.

The dog growled and jogged toward police who arrived on the scene, then backed away and meandered through streets and yards toward the mobile home park, said Marshfield Police Department Lt. Rick Gramza

The dog sprinted at the officer, who shot the dog once before it fell to the ground, got up and lunged at the officer a second time. The officer shot the dog again, and the dog retreated to the deck of a mobile home where it collapsed, Gramza said.

“I heard the dog growling and thought it was attacking a person or another dog and that’s why it was shot,” Lopez said.

Gramza said the officer called for Marshfield ordinance control officers to respond and capture the dog, but “the dog was closing the distance so fast, the officer, for his own safety, had no other recourse but to discharge his firearm.”

“There was no guarantee a Taser or pepper spray would necessarily work in this situation,” he said.

Carrie Horn, a friend of Hebert who was watching the dog at her home, said the shooting was unjustified.

Horn said she thought someone was throwing fireworks at the dog when she heard the first gunshot, and she rushed out to her porch with her daughter. She said the dog started retreating to the porch for safety when the officer shot it two more times.

“My dog wasn’t running toward (the officer),” Hebert said. “He was running to the porch and the guy panicked and shot my dog.”

“What if my daughter had come out and run to the dog?” Horn said. “She could have been shot, too.”

Pamela Hookstadt, Horn’s neighbor who witnessed the shooting from her window, said she did not see the dog charge at the officer.

“It was poor judgment on the part of the police officer,” she said.

Hookstadt and Horn described the dog as friendly and gentle around neighborhood children.

“(The dog) looked big and scary, but he was a big baby,” Horn said. “Gary raised his dogs to be very obedient.”

“I’m devastated,” Hebert said. “He was a good dog.”

No citations have been issued to Hebert in connection with the incident. Gramza said police have responded to dog-at-large and barking dog complaints at the owner’s home in the past.

Hebert said he plans to take legal action against the Marshfield Police Department.

“These people need to be held accountable for their actions,” he said. “This was just uncalled for. People can’t just run around shooting people’s dogs.”
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:22 pm

The owner's comments make me sick, but I guess he got what he paid for, a quick and rapid response by government shooters.

Oh, and by the way Reeves family, you do not need to wait for the police report, I'll be happy to tell you what it will say:

Officer safety was threatened.

Action taken was within policy to ensure officer safety.

No further action will be taken.

Police shoot family dog, family says unnecessary force

Posted on: 10:17 pm, July 31, 2013, by Courtney Francisco, updated on: 10:31am, August 1, 2013

http://kfor.com/2013/07/31/police-shoot-family-dog/

Police shoot dog JhjfO2M

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. – A burglary scare turned into a nightmare for one Oklahoma City family when the police officer checking on their home, shot and killed their dog.

“He told me that he ended up having to shoot one of my dogs,” Chris Reeves said.

Reeves showed up moments after police to hear that devastating news.

Turns out, the storm tripped his alarm.

Police didn’t have to face any burglars but said they told Reeves they were forced to shoot his dog, Nera, in the leg.

“I leaned down to see how she was doing,” Reeves said. “She was on her side and it was pretty obvious that it wasn’t her leg. She’d been shot through the shoulder to the chest.”

Nera didn’t make it.

Now the Reeves hope other pet owners take their advice.

“If you do send a policeman to your house somehow let them know, ask the home security company to let them know, that you have dogs in the back yard,” Melanie Reeves said. “If we would have done that, that would have solved this problem.”

An irreversible problem the family struggles with.

“I’m thankful that the police officer came out quickly, that we live in a city where we can depend on police to react quickly,” Chris Reeves said. “I struggle with the actions that he took to protect himself.”

The family feels the officer could have used pepper spray or fired a shot into the ground to scare the dogs away.

“It’s just sad and it’s tragic and I feel like Nera shouldn’t have died this way,” Chris Reeves said. “She should still be with us.”

Police would not comment on the case.

Investigators said the report is not yet available.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next