Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UN Rejects Hiroshima Bombing as "Terrorist Act"...

3 posters

Go down

UN Rejects Hiroshima Bombing as "Terrorist Act"... Empty UN Rejects Hiroshima Bombing as "Terrorist Act"...

Post  News Hawk Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:52 am

Excerpt of comprehensive review:

"Faced with the twin realities of inevitable Japanese defeat and staggering civilian and military casualties, the allies did the right thing: On July 26, they issued a surrender demand, the Potsdam Declaration(PDF).

The Japanese rejected it, the atomic bombs followed roughly two weeks later, and the war ended.

(snip)

As we confront once again the anniversary of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and as America’s critics decry our alleged barbarism, it’s worth remembering that weakness has terrible costs, and moral critics of decisive force should wrestle with that cost rather than utter platitudes like the U.N. did this week:

True security is based on people’s welfare and not on military annihilation, senior United Nations officials said today, marking the 68th anniversary of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and later Nagasaki, and honoring the survivors of the bombings known as ‘hibakusha.’

(snip)

“We are united in countering the erroneous view that security is achieved through the pursuit of military dominance and threats of mutual annihilation,”Secretary-GeneralBan Ki-moon said in his message to the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Ceremony..."
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/355313/print
Is there a lesson here?

scratch 

Don't let the Left control the narrative!

Evil or Very Mad
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

UN Rejects Hiroshima Bombing as "Terrorist Act"... Empty Re: UN Rejects Hiroshima Bombing as "Terrorist Act"...

Post  Anti Federalist Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:53 pm

Meh.

There's been a very good case made, that I happen to agree with, that states that the whole purpose of bombing Japan was to intimidate Stalin and had little, if anything, to do with any practical military necessity of ending the war with Japan.

I wish people would get more worked up about the fact that whole great swaths of regulatory burden, that we in the US have to comply with, is UN generated.

Global Government is not coming.

It is here.

Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

UN Rejects Hiroshima Bombing as "Terrorist Act"... Empty Re: UN Rejects Hiroshima Bombing as "Terrorist Act"...

Post  WHL Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:30 pm

I hate the UN.

I remember when Ronald Reagan started talking tough. That was before he was even elected. But just his tough talk, scared the rest of the world and the results were a much more peaceful time. We have a big mess everywhere now.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:01 pm

WHL wrote:I hate the UN.

I remember when Ronald Reagan started talking tough.  That was before he was even elected.  But just his tough talk, scared the rest of the world and the results were a much more peaceful time.  We have a big mess everywhere now.

Barry Goldwater's tough talk so provoked LBJ into a misleading TV ad that was pulled after one day.

The Vietnam War continued for years, and then LBJ quit politics, sat idle, and chain-smoked his life away—a formerly determined President—reflecting on one ruined Presidency.

...and one ruined nation...
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:33 pm

News Hawk wrote:

I remember when Ronald Reagan started talking tough.  That was before he was even elected.  But just his tough talk, scared the rest of the world and the results were a much more peaceful time.  We have a big mess everywhere now.

Barry Goldwater's tough talk so provoked LBJ into a misleading TV ad that was pulled after one day.

The Vietnam War continued for years, and then LBJ quit politics, sat idle, and chain-smoked his life away—a formerly determined President—reflecting on one ruined Presidency.

...and one ruined nation...
Reflecting on the murder he oversaw in 1963, I'll bet.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:34 pm

Yeah, and got shot for his troubles.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down