Mass. man, child hurt after jet ski blows apart on Lake Winnioesaukee

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mass. man, child hurt after jet ski blows apart on Lake Winnioesaukee

Post  fshnski on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:45 pm



MOULTONBOROUGH, N.H. —A Massachusetts man and his 8-year-old niece were hurt after a jet ski they were riding on blew apart in Lake Winnioesaukee on Sunday, authorities said.


Marine Patrol officers said the man broke his pelvis and the child has a head laceration.

“It was very loud. I say it sounded like a stick of dynamite exploding,” said Tom Casale, of Deepwood Lodge Homeowners Association.

The victims were taken to Lakes Region General Hospital, officials said.

Marine Patrol crews arrived on the scene and put the jet ski back together. Officials said the watercraft will be taken away for further examination so investigators can find out what exactly happened.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/mass-man-child-hurt-after-jet-ski-blows-apart-on-lake-winnioesaukee/-/9857858/21518306/-/764wllz/-/index.html#ixzz2cMbK23bb
avatar
fshnski

Posts : 4223
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Woofbura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass. man, child hurt after jet ski blows apart on Lake Winnioesaukee

Post  sumrluvr on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:48 pm

This must be false... I thought that since we had a speed limit these things could not happen.. Strange........


However with all kidding aside. I really hope everyone is okay especially the child.
avatar
sumrluvr

Posts : 290
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : Fort Myers FL / Moultonboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass. man, child hurt after jet ski blows apart on Lake Winnioesaukee

Post  Amy B on Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:00 pm

What a moronic response. People were injured and you can't resist getting your digs in. No one ever suggested that the speed limit would solve all of the lake's problems. I hope you're proud of yourself.
avatar
Amy B

Posts : 158
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass. man, child hurt after jet ski blows apart on Lake Winnioesaukee

Post  News Hawk on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:50 am

Jet-Skis are famous for breaking people's backs: to break a pelvis suggests an explosion—perhaps a gas leak.

But local history shows this story is unlikely to be reported any further. A follow-up might be found at the Eagle-Tribune.

Arrow 
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass. man, child hurt after jet ski blows apart on Lake Winnioesaukee

Post  sumrluvr on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:23 am

Amy B wrote:What a moronic response. People were injured and you can't resist getting your digs in. No one ever suggested that the speed limit would solve all of the lake's problems.  I hope you're proud of yourself.
You find that response moronic? How cute..

What is moronic is when an entire group uses two victims of two tragic events directly due to alcohol as its poster reasons to push an economic hurtful and un-needed law on an entire region for their own selfish reasons.  Two events that had nothing to do with speed but why let facts get in the way?

My personal favorite is when the Winnfabliars lobbied to have the speed limit made permanent after requesting a 2 year study. However 14 days into the first year of the study they say it is working great. Not less than a week later I personally was at the MP HQ with the director who said: "I have no idea how it is working. We haven't even issued a ticket yet. The data won't be available until after the first summer".

But why let facts and experts get in the way? As long as you and your family are happier and you feel the lake is better off. I hope you are proud of yourself.

Oh and PS: it was stated many times in the hearings by SL supporters that if made permanent it would ultimately make the lake safer and stop all these boating accidents. (even spoken in testimony by Sandy Helve head of the winnfabs) Better let her know it didn't seem to work... But why let facts get in the way?
avatar
sumrluvr

Posts : 290
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : Fort Myers FL / Moultonboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass. man, child hurt after jet ski blows apart on Lake Winnioesaukee

Post  Amy B on Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:28 pm

Did you say why let facts get in the way? Facts like 78% of the most conservative House in recent memory disagreed with you (SBONH response: "They were all fooled by the fear mongers"). Facts like that a similar proportion of respondents to a scientifically conducted poll favored a speed limit? (SBONH response: "We had our own poll on Winni.com that showed otherwise, the poll's questions begged for the answers that Winnfabs wanted, the public was fooled by the fear mongers from Winnfabs"). Facts like when people showed up in Concord at one hearing and signed in as being in favor or not there was an overwhelming majority in favor and at one hearing only 2-4 signing in as against? (SBONH response: "All of us who are against the SL have jobs").

Oh...but I forgot, SBONH is not just a one trick pony. What a laugh. SBONH is the biggest manipulator of facts of any organization the state has ever seen.
avatar
Amy B

Posts : 158
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass. man, child hurt after jet ski blows apart on Lake Winnioesaukee

Post  sumrluvr on Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:42 pm

Amy B wrote:Did you say why let facts get in the way? Facts like 78% of the most conservative House in recent memory disagreed with you (SBONH response: "They were all fooled by the fear mongers"). Facts like that a similar proportion of respondents to a scientifically conducted poll favored a speed limit? (SBONH response: "We had our own poll on Winni.com that showed otherwise, the poll's questions begged for the answers that Winnfabs wanted, the public was fooled by the fear mongers from Winnfabs"). Facts like when people showed up in Concord at one hearing and signed in as being in favor or not there was an overwhelming majority in favor and at one hearing only 2-4 signing in as against? (SBONH response: "All of us who are against the SL have jobs").

Oh...but I forgot, SBONH is not just a one trick pony. What a laugh. SBONH is the biggest manipulator of facts of any organization the state has ever seen.
The house voted based on false emails sent by the winnfabs data base (yes there is proof)

Strange that only voting residents were only contacted for this scientifically held poll but not the actual boaters that used the state owned lake.

ONE hearing after you lost in the Senate on a weekday, why wouldn't boaters from all over New England flock to NH's state house..?? That's right, they do have jobs and aren't from the area. But they are the ones bringing or now not bringing economic dollars to NH.

SBONH as recent as last session spoke on rafting and came to the aid of the Dept. of Safety (when they called us) to help with their funding issues. NH Lakes Association Chairman called me as well. Funny Winnfabs were no where to be seen? Why is that?  They were not there since the SL was voted on, however SBONH has been involved in many different facets and still are. But where is the Winnfabs... Even their website is defunct... Strange....?

But they must still be out there doing good for the lake right? They are still involved right?

Oh wait........ According to every reputable agency, group and even lakes region legislator recently spoken with they have disappeared.. But again why let facts get in the way....  

Prove me wrong... I am sure you and your group sit on the Governors Board... Nope.... Are members of the Power Squadron.... Nope... Wolfeboro Antique Boat Museum... Nope... Moultonboro Snowmobile Club.... Nope... Work with NH Lakes association, Winni Sailing, Dept of Safety, US Coast Guard Aux... Again nope, nope and nope............

But why let facts get in the way when you need to push an agenda.

So you say SBONH is a one hit wonder... I think I just proved you completely wrong.. But please tell me how Winnfabs is not. They claimed in their state charter they were for boaters safety but did not ask for the Dept. of Safety's opinion? They did not wait of the Marine Patrol's statistics to be released? They did not show with any data what so ever that the SL would or did improve safety. Only showed what people feel and a limited group at that. So how is it they are not a one trick pony? What else are they doing for safety as their charter stated? Enlighten us please.


Last edited by sumrluvr on Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
I hope you're proud of yourself!
avatar
sumrluvr

Posts : 290
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : Fort Myers FL / Moultonboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass. man, child hurt after jet ski blows apart on Lake Winnioesaukee

Post  Amy B on Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:53 pm

But we don't have to push an agenda....we won. But keep up the good work.
avatar
Amy B

Posts : 158
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass. man, child hurt after jet ski blows apart on Lake Winnioesaukee

Post  fshnski on Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:54 pm

Well said sumr.
avatar
fshnski

Posts : 4223
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Woofbura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass. man, child hurt after jet ski blows apart on Lake Winnioesaukee

Post  sumrluvr on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:06 pm

Amy B wrote:But we don't have to push an agenda....we won. But keep up the good work.
Thank you we will. We are working for REAL initatives that will help the lake. Not some made up issues that are not backed by data or fact. We will continue to ASK the Marine Patrol and Dept. of Safety their thoughts BEFORE trying to enact a bill. At a safety summit, that the winnfabs never responded to the invite (yes we sent them one), we pledged to consult with the power squadron, USCGA, and Marine Trades in hopes to work together and not negatively affect each others initatives or hurt in any way each other or our members financially.

Does Winnfabs want to comment since you apparently are so versed on the subject? Can you prove why the speed limit has increased safety on the lake?

As we have seen accidents haven't suddenly stopped. Based on the article by the Marine Patrol they are drastically under funded. Where are you and your winnfabs there? SBONH has tried to get the navigation and safety fund again to be a true dedicated fund. We contacted every senator, Marine Trades, NH Lakes Association, the MP, Dept of safety... Everyone to help get more funding and the Navigation fund secure. Where were you on that? Where are the Winnfabs? Why are they not crying for the children? For the safety of the Camps? The lack of enforcement due to underfunded and equipped MP? Where are they?

Oh that's right. They are FEELING better with their neighbors and saving their money from buying ear plugs. They are seeing more people in Meredith, although the food and hospitality association and the Laconia Chamber are not seeing this. Oh that's right they are grinning ear to ear about their win two years ago that has accomplished nothing other than decreasing economic revenue. But as long as YOU feel better. YOUR family is happier. Your neighbors enjoy their peace and quiet. And you continue to try and win an argument that has NO FACTS, DATA or EVIDENCE supporting it. I sure hope YOU are proud of YOURSELF.

_________________
I hope you're proud of yourself!
avatar
sumrluvr

Posts : 290
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : Fort Myers FL / Moultonboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass. man, child hurt after jet ski blows apart on Lake Winnioesaukee

Post  sumrluvr on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:17 pm

fshnski wrote:Well said sumr.
Thank you.. It is no secret who Amy B really is. It is too bad that all she has chosen to do is come here and push an agenda.

I take issue with News Hawk for not backing up his claims but he has a very long track record of his posts and his beliefs. While I may not like how he posts them he has every right to.

Amy B is just trying to cause trouble and only giving a blinded view of one issue without anything to back it up. The Winnfabs pulled the wool over the House's eyes and after learning how they did it....... Lets just say it is a unfortunate state we live in when systems set up to help people voice their opinions are manipulated to give a false impression from constituants. Something that will be presented when the time is right.


_________________
I hope you're proud of yourself!
avatar
sumrluvr

Posts : 290
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : Fort Myers FL / Moultonboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass. man, child hurt after jet ski blows apart on Lake Winnioesaukee

Post  WHL on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:21 pm

What bugged me about the speed limit issue is the fact that legislators voted who have never been to the lake nor have any idea what it is all about. Tell me how somebody from Manchester can vote for speed limits on the lake when they don't own property and don't boat on the lake!!
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6034
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass. man, child hurt after jet ski blows apart on Lake Winnioesaukee

Post  fshnski on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:25 pm


"Amy B is just trying to cause trouble and only giving a blinded view of one issue without anything to back it up. The Winnfabs pulled the wool over the House's eyes and after learning how they did it....... Lets just say it is a unfortunate state we live in when systems set up to help people voice their opinions are manipulated to give a false impression from constituants. Something that will be presented when the time is right."

This sounds just like what the current administration is doing to America.
avatar
fshnski

Posts : 4223
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Woofbura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass. man, child hurt after jet ski blows apart on Lake Winnioesaukee

Post  sumrluvr on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:29 pm

WHL wrote:What bugged me about the speed limit issue is the fact that legislators voted who have never been to the lake nor have any idea what it is all about.  Tell me how somebody from Manchester can vote for speed limits on the lake when they don't own property and don't boat on the lake!!  
Good point WHL however there are two sides to that coin.

A. I agree with you that we had and still do have many uneducated legislators voting on what happens concerning our lakes. Many who have never been on a boat or understand the other laws i.e. 150 foot law. Many would only go by the "amount" of emails and phone calls received (whether by real people or not). So to that point yes it is a shame.
B. However, if educated they should also represent their constituents as well. Those tax payers in Nashua and Manchester have as much right as those in Wolfeboro. The lake is state property and every resident should enjoy its waterways. Boaters from Derry and Colebrook who come to the lake should be able to enjoy it as well and have a say. So in that respect the legislator should vote but be educated.

So many said they would do what the lakes region reps. do without taking that into consideration and that is why it was as unbalanced as it was. Also how the winnfabs manipulated the reps. but that will be discussed at another time tbd.

_________________
I hope you're proud of yourself!
avatar
sumrluvr

Posts : 290
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : Fort Myers FL / Moultonboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass. man, child hurt after jet ski blows apart on Lake Winnioesaukee

Post  Amy B on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:04 pm

I know we can count on you Sumr to protect the lake from all those selfish drunken kayakers.Laughing 
avatar
Amy B

Posts : 158
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass. man, child hurt after jet ski blows apart on Lake Winnioesaukee

Post  WHL on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:18 pm

Yes, it is a state lake and as long as their constituents have an opinion (use the lake), I agree. However, I could really care what they decide to do with a lake in the southern part of the state because even though we all own it, it doesn't affect me at all. Do you see what I mean?
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6034
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass. man, child hurt after jet ski blows apart on Lake Winnioesaukee

Post  sumrluvr on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:19 pm

Amy B wrote:I know we can count on you Sumr to protect the lake from all those selfish drunken kayakers.Laughing 
Way to get involved Amy.. You just proved your true colors. Other than you precious speed limit you have nothing to do but complain on a forum.

Get off your ass and doing something if you truly believe in real safety for the lake and not just pretend by pushing a selfish agenda.

Well done you just proved to all of the forum you have not basis or validity.

Crawl back under your bridge for there you and your cronies can be proud of yourselves.


_________________
I hope you're proud of yourself!
avatar
sumrluvr

Posts : 290
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : Fort Myers FL / Moultonboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass. man, child hurt after jet ski blows apart on Lake Winnioesaukee

Post  fshnski on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:22 pm

I agree WHL.
avatar
fshnski

Posts : 4223
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Woofbura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass. man, child hurt after jet ski blows apart on Lake Winnioesaukee

Post  News Hawk on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:16 am

sumrluvr wrote:This must be false... I thought that since we had a speed limit these things could not happen.. Strange........However with all kidding aside.
The topic was an exploding Jet-Ski.

Rolling Eyes 
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass. man, child hurt after jet ski blows apart on Lake Winnioesaukee

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum