Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rand Paul: Amend Constitution to end special treatment for lawmakers

3 posters

Go down

Rand Paul: Amend Constitution to end special treatment for lawmakers Empty Rand Paul: Amend Constitution to end special treatment for lawmakers

Post  fshnski Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:08 pm

One of the central fights over Obamacare during this month's government funding battle focused on whether Congress should be exempted from parts of the new health care law.

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., on Monday introduced a constitutional amendment that would end the debate.

Paul wants to amend the U.S. Constitution so that members of Congress, the Executive and Judicial branch are subject to the laws in the same way as the rest of America.

In other words, they could not give themselves fine-print exclusions from laws they expect others to follow.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/rand-paul-amend-constitution-to-end-special-treatment-for-lawmakers/article/2537498
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Rand Paul: Amend Constitution to end special treatment for lawmakers Empty Re: Rand Paul: Amend Constitution to end special treatment for lawmakers

Post  fshnski Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:13 pm

Why would anybody think this isn't a good idea. I think it makes sense and is fair.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Rand Paul: Amend Constitution to end special treatment for lawmakers Empty Re: Rand Paul: Amend Constitution to end special treatment for lawmakers

Post  WHL Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:24 pm

I can't believe even the Dems can think that is a bad idea. I wish they had to follow all the rules and regulations that the rest of us have to follow.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:01 pm

Did you know that it is legal for politicians to loan their own money to their campaign committee and then get that money repaid at a 18% interest?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:15 pm

I'd love to hear a prog's argument against this amendment.

Of course, in the real world, it will be about as meaningless as the first Ten.

That's the only complaint I have.

Rand Paul 2016
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:47 pm

Reid is one that comes to mind.  Didn't he come into Congress rather poor to average.  Now he is a multi millionaire.

Yes Anti!!!    RAND PAUL 2016
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down