Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a one-size-fits-all plan

4 posters

Go down

a one-size-fits-all plan Empty a one-size-fits-all plan

Post  fshnski Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:32 pm

Mitt Romney ripped into President Obama on Sunday, telling NBC’s “Meet the Press” that the president was dishonest when he sold his health care reforms to Americans in the 2012 campaign and that the damage to Mr. Obama’s credibility has seriously limited his ability to lead the country.

“When he told the American people that you could keep your health insurance if you wanted to keep that plan, period — he said that time and again — he wasn’t telling the truth,” Mr. Romney, the 2012 Republican presidential nominee, said. “That fundamental dishonesty has really put in peril the foundation of his second term.”

“Whether you like the model of Obamacare or not, the fact that the president sold it on a basis that was not true has undermined the foundation of his second term. I think it’s rotting it away,” Mr. Romney said. “We’ve got to have a president that can lead, and right now he’s not able to do so.”

Mr. Romney, a former Massachusetts governor, has maintained a low profile since losing the 2012 race to Mr. Obama, but he has spoken out in recent days after the president last week cited Mr. Romney’s own health care reforms in Massachusetts as a model for the Affordable Care Act.

He also said that if Mr. Obama had been honest about how many people would lose their health care insurance under Obamacare, the law would not have passed.

“There’s no question in my mind but had the president been truthful and told the American people that millions would lose their insurance and millions more would see their premiums skyrocket — had he told them that at the time it was going through Washington, there would have been such a huge cry against it, it would not have passed,” he said.

Mr. Romney said that implementing something like the statewide insurance plan he founded in Massachusetts is not the best solution for the entire country.

“The right way to deal with health care reform is not to have a one-size-fits-all plan that’s imposed on all the states, but recognizing the differences between different states and their populations, states should be able to craft their own plans to get all their citizens insured and to make sure that pre-existing conditions are covered,” he said

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/3/mitt-romney-dishonesty-selling-obamacare-rotting-f/#ixzz2jbYb88pD
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

a one-size-fits-all plan Empty Re: a one-size-fits-all plan

Post  News Hawk Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:57 pm

fshnski wrote:"...Romney also said that if Mr. Obama had been honest about how many people would lose their health care insurance under Obamacare, the law would not have passed..."
Obama certainly knew that...

Mad 
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:00 pm

Mitt Romney lost the election!!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Casy Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:03 pm

Thank God for that!

Casy

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:04 pm

He also said that if Mr. Obama had been honest about how many people would lose their health care insurance under Obamacare, the law would not have passed.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the promises of obamacare one of the reasons obama got re-elected?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:09 pm

Casy wrote:Thank God for that!
God is giving us ObamaCare?

drunken 
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:33 am

News Buzzard wrote:Mitt Romney lost the election!!
Mitt Romney wasn't courting the "right" voters:

"Jolene," a sex worker who volunteered at the ACA event, said she has already enrolled through the California exchange and was at the event to help others through the process.

"I am here mostly to put my skill at filling out bureaucratic forms to use," Jolene said.

Jolene said one of the biggest draws of Obamacare is that applicants do not need to report their employment.

People who receive federal healthcare will have access to contraception, screening for sexually transmitted infections, and violence counseling as part of their plans, which sex workers say make a big difference in their community.

"Through my studies, I have looked at a lot of different countries and how they take care of their people," she said. "We are one of the only countries that does not take care of our citizens in that way..."
—upi.com

drunken 
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down