66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Anti Federalist on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:14 am

Poll: More Americans Dissatisfied With Government Than At Any Time Since 9/11

Two thirds believe Federal government is too big and powerful.

http://www.infowars.com/poll-more-americans-dissatisfied-with-government-than-at-any-time-since-911/



Just one week before the scheduled State of the Union address, two thirds of Americans believe that the government has grown too big and become too powerful. In the last nine years, the trend has jumped from an even 50 percent split to a sixty-six percent majority. Between 2008, when Obama was inaugurated, to 2011, the measure of dissatisfied Americans jumped by a full 10 percent.

Gallup also notes that “even a slight majority of those in his [Obama's] own party are generally dissatisfied with how government is working.”
avatar
Anti Federalist

Posts : 1385
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  News Hawk on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:14 am

It's OK. Just watch what you whisper, point to, say, and think.

 pale 


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  WHL on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:37 am

I hope people are waking up!!!!
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6037
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Achigan on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:46 am

Things are going OK for me. I assume everyone on this forum is in pretty good shape.
avatar
Achigan

Posts : 875
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  News Buzzard on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:02 am

Achigan wrote:Things are going OK for me.  I assume everyone on this forum is in pretty good shape.

Things are well for me also. We have a President who is doing a great job, despite the elephants who are obstructing him!

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Anti Federalist on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:29 pm

WHL wrote:I hope people are waking up!!!!

Well, as you can see by the two replies above, some are.

That is the primary problem with tyranny, as it gets worse, fewer and fewer people are willing to do anything because, for them, "everything is fine", at least for the time being.

Desperate to hold on to what little they have, any excuse is made, and anybody who can get thrown under the bus, turned in or raided before them, well, so be it.

See Something Say Something.

Until they get all their assets seized in a phony drug raid, until they get jailed by the IRS, until they are frog marched out of their homes at automatic rifle point, until they are beat by cops, until they are thrown in prison, until they are blown up in a drone strike...

By then it will be too late.
avatar
Anti Federalist

Posts : 1385
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Anti Federalist on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:34 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Things are well for me also. We have a President who is doing a great job, despite the elephants who are obstructing him!

LOL - C'mon man, I'm insulted.

If you're gonna troll me in my own thread, have the respect to work a little harder at it than that.  Rolling Eyes 
avatar
Anti Federalist

Posts : 1385
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Anti Federalist on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:36 pm

News Hawk wrote:It's OK. Just watch what you whisper, point to, say,  and think.

 pale

I can't hear you over all this freedom ringing in my ears.
avatar
Anti Federalist

Posts : 1385
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  WHL on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:17 pm

That's exactly what it is, Anti. Most people just go to work, come home, go to sleep and start over again so they don't run into a lot of the things that prove how much freedom we have lost. If you have never run a business trying to keep up with local, state and federal rules, you don't have to deal with it. If you have never tried to build a house, or subdivide land or convert a business, you don't know what it is like. With some, they will never find out. With others, when it is their turn to have to deal the gov., they will quickly find out how difficult it is.
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6037
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  News Buzzard on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:
News Buzzard wrote:Things are well for me also. We have a President who is doing a great job, despite the elephants who are obstructing him!

LOL - C'mon man, I'm insulted.

If you're gonna troll me in my own thread, have the respect to work a little harder at it than that.  Rolling Eyes 

The only thing I'm not happy with is the size of our military, but that was created by the 2 inept idiots who were running the country before Obama. You keep blaming Obama for a lot of stuff he had no responsibility for or no control over, man. As far as security goes, I agree with Bill Gates. If we want to truly stay safe we're going to have to compromise some freedom, and the only time I got a little antsy about my privacy is when the Secret Service were crawling around this place with Mitt Romney. Do you think Romney was concerned about that?

Otherwise I'm a very happy camper and I don't subscribe to the Gloom and Doom magazine!!  Basketball

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Anti Federalist on Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:12 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
Anti Federalist wrote:
News Buzzard wrote:Things are well for me also. We have a President who is doing a great job, despite the elephants who are obstructing him!

LOL - C'mon man, I'm insulted.

If you're gonna troll me in my own thread, have the respect to work a little harder at it than that.  Rolling Eyes 

The only thing I'm not happy with is the size of our military, but that was created by the 2 inept idiots who were running the country before Obama. You keep blaming Obama for a lot of stuff he had no responsibility for or no control over, man. As far as security goes, I agree with Bill Gates. If we want to truly stay safe we're going to have to compromise some freedom, and the only time I got a little antsy about my privacy is when the Secret Service were crawling around this place with Mitt Romney. Do you think Romney was concerned about that?

Otherwise I'm a very happy camper and I don't subscribe to the Gloom and Doom magazine!!  Basketball

I'm not blaming O-bomb-ya for anything, other than being just another meat puppet in a long line of meat puppets.

I never voted for Romney, I actively encouraged write ins, I am in complete agreement with being creeped out by the security apparatus hut hutting about town, I am certain that our little town would have been destroyed had Romney "won", once the national security apparatus descended.

Just ask people in Kennebunkport, Maine.

But what the hell is so hard to understand about the fact that is what is happening to the entire country?

Is that how you want to live? With secret cops crawling around all over the place? With 24/7 surveillance watching and listening and monitoring everything you do? With cops barking orders and beating down 84 year old men for jaywalking? With 35,000 SWAT raids yearly? With whole cities being "locked down" and people frog marched out of their homes like prisoners?

Safety and liberty are incompatible, when you gain safety (a false gain as, even locked up in a prison, you are never 100% "safe") you lose liberty.

You do not have the right to determine, through "democracy", what rights you are going to seize from me.

But then again, you don't have the right to put a gun to my head and steal my money either, but it happens every day.
avatar
Anti Federalist

Posts : 1385
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  News Hawk on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:29 am

Anti Federalist wrote:"...You do not have the right to determine, through "democracy", what rights you are going to seize from me.

Just like "Captain's Choice" snuck through Concord, IT'S LEGAL!

No 

Anti Federalist wrote:"...you don't have the right to put a gun to my head and steal my money either, but it happens every day.
I'm sure that News Buzzard can find something The Founders said that would support his Governmental intrusions.

You know how he is always quoting Thos. Jefferson, Jas. Madison, and George Washington.

 pirat


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  WHL on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:43 am

News Buzzard is a genius at twisting the truth. No doubt about it. How many times has he said how wonderful the economy is doing????
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6037
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  News Buzzard on Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:37 am

WHL wrote:News Buzzard is a genius at twisting the truth.  No doubt about it.  How many times has he said how wonderful the economy is doing????

Twisting the truth? An economist with a PHD from Yale, Barry Eichengreen, is telling us that the economy is getting better:

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/davos-economist-eichengreen-sees-us-jobs-growth-of-300000-a-month-in-2014-20140122-00759

Is Professor Eichengreen twisting the truth?

Conservatives have an extremely narrow scope of information that they are willing to believe, and that's going to cost them in 2016.

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  News Buzzard on Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:42 am

News Hawk wrote:I'm sure that News Buzzard can find something The Founders said that would support his Governmental intrusions.

You know how he is always quoting Thos. Jefferson, Jas. Madison, and George Washington.

 pirat.

Your hero, George W Bush, is The Founder of governmental intrusions. In Dick Cheney's perfect world the government is spying on everyone without any court oversight at all!

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Anti Federalist on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:32 pm

News Hawk wrote:
Anti Federalist wrote:"...You do not have the right to determine, through "democracy", what rights you are going to seize from me.

Just like "Captain's Choice" snuck through Concord, IT'S LEGAL!

You lost me here...what is "Captain's Choice"?
avatar
Anti Federalist

Posts : 1385
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  News Hawk on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:26 am

WHL wrote:News Buzzard is a genius at twisting the truth.  No doubt about it.  How many times has he said how wonderful the economy is doing????

They've both touted Wall Street's "Recovery".

How's that working out?

drunken




_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  News Hawk on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:27 am

Anti Federalist wrote:
News Hawk wrote:
Anti Federalist wrote:"...You do not have the right to determine, through "democracy", what rights you are going to seize from me.

Just like "Captain's Choice" snuck through Concord, IT'S LEGAL!

You lost me here...what is "Captain's Choice"?

It's a costly boating device to channel exhaust pipe noise to Lake Winnipesaukee's residents.


 Evil or Very Mad 


.


_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Achigan on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:58 am

WHL wrote:That's exactly what it is, Anti.  Most people just go to work, come home, go to sleep and start over again so they don't run into a lot of the things that prove how much freedom we have lost.  If you have never run a business trying to keep up with local, state and federal rules, you don't have to deal with it.  If you have never tried to build a house, or subdivide land or convert a business, you don't know what it is like.  With some, they will never find out.  With others, when it is their turn to have to deal the gov., they will quickly find out how difficult it is.

Now I see why you are so bitter against the government. You want to run your business and do whatever you as an individual thinks is best for "YOU".

This is the main reason the federal and local governments had to step in and create laws so that people like "YOU" didn't just have a free for all and do whatever suits them. WE are still cleaning up after businesses that polluted the earth and tried to destroy the beauty of our forests. I could go on but I think you know where I'm headed.

avatar
Achigan

Posts : 875
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  News Hawk on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:12 am

Achigan wrote:"...WE are still cleaning up after businesses that polluted the earth and tried to destroy the beauty of our forests. I could go on but I think you know where I'm headed...

Fred Fuller Oil is directly responsible for "Globull-Warming"?

 scratch 

.
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Achigan on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:23 am

News Hawk wrote:
Achigan wrote:"...WE are still cleaning up after businesses that polluted the earth and tried to destroy the beauty of our forests. I could go on but I think you know where I'm headed...

Fred Fuller Oil is directly responsible for "Globull-Warming"?

 scratch 

.

WHL owns "Fuller Oil" ?

I don't like government intrusion but I dislike businesses that dumped tons of chemicals in the landfills all over the country. Then the EPA had to take over and clean everything up. These businesses just up and left communities all over the country and wouldn't spend a dime of their money to help out.
Look at the "Brownsfield" project in Vermont that is run by the state to clean up some of the land that was polluted by greedy manufacturing owners.


I have plenty more examples but as I said: "I think you know where I'm headed".
avatar
Achigan

Posts : 875
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  WHL on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:25 am

THat is a lie, Achigan and I resent it. You don't know what you are talking about. The government rules and regulations which have increased yearly have done absolutely nothing to improve anything. We never polluted anything nor would ever want to without the gov. telling us not to. We always cared about our employees without the government's advice. I really cannot see how ONE rule or regulation has made our businesses better or safer. The rules and regs have all just been a pain in the neck.
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6037
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  WHL on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:28 am

Achigan wrote:
News Hawk wrote:
Achigan wrote:"...WE are still cleaning up after businesses that polluted the earth and tried to destroy the beauty of our forests. I could go on but I think you know where I'm headed...

Fred Fuller Oil is directly responsible for "Globull-Warming"?

 scratch 

.

WHL owns "Fuller Oil" ?

I don't like government intrusion but I dislike businesses that dumped tons of chemicals in the landfills all over the country. Then the EPA had to take over and clean everything up.  These businesses just up and left communities all over the country and wouldn't spend a dime of their money to help out.
Look at the "Brownsfield" project in Vermont that is run by the state to clean up some of the land that was polluted by greedy manufacturing owners.


I have plenty more examples but as I said: "I think you know where I'm headed".

I don't know. Fred Fuller??

I agree, there are some big businesses who don't care what they do but does that have to mean small businesses are punished by being included in all the rules and regs that are needed to keep a few bad people from doing bad things? Besides, as with any law, some are going to do bad things no matter what the law. Laws are made for the good guys. Others do what they want anyway.
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6037
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  News Hawk on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:31 am

Achigan wrote:
I have plenty more examples but as I said: "I think you know where I'm headed".

Another assertion without the source demanded by "The Progs".

Trying to pull the truth is tiring.

'Think I'll go back to bed.

 Sleep 


.
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  News Buzzard on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:37 am

Achigan wrote:I don't like government intrusion but I dislike businesses that dumped tons of chemicals in the landfills all over the country. Then the EPA had to take over and clean everything up.  These businesses just up and left communities all over the country and wouldn't spend a dime of their money to help out.
Look at the "Brownsfield" project in Vermont that is run by the state to clean up some of the land that was polluted by greedy manufacturing owners.

Well said, Achigan! Regulations come as a result of irresponsible behavior, and that can be applied to many different forms of regulation in this country.

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum