Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obamacare lies revealed: If you like your health care, you can't keep it

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Obamacare lies revealed: If you like your health care, you can't keep it  Empty Obamacare lies revealed: If you like your health care, you can't keep it

Post  fshnski Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:36 pm

WASHINGTON, November 9, 2013 — When President Obama was selling the Affordable Care Act to America, he said that under this new law, uninsured people would have good quality health insurance. He stressed that the other 85 percent of us who had health care plans could keep our plans if we so desired.

Not one Democratic senator or representative who voted to pass the law read it before voting (not one Republican voted for it), but the president assured them that their constituents would support it.

The reality is not exactly what was promised, either to voters or to Democrats in Congress.

A month into the implementation of the law, millions of Americans have already lost their policies. They are being offered policies that provide more coverage than they want or need, with hefty price increases.

The president offered a sort of apology for this, but there is little or nothing that can be done now to fix it.

And it will get worse.

Read more: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/funding-democracy-economics-freedom/2013/nov/9/if-you-your-health-care-plan-you-cant-keep-it-peri/#ixzz2kGVS0ej8
Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Obamacare lies revealed: If you like your health care, you can't keep it  Empty Re: Obamacare lies revealed: If you like your health care, you can't keep it

Post  WHL Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:05 pm

And of course the President twisted a few arms to get some of his Dems to vote for it if you remember.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Obamacare lies revealed: If you like your health care, you can't keep it  Empty Bill Clinton: Health Care Law Should Be Changed To Allow People To Keep Their Plans

Post  fshnski Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:18 pm

Former President Bill Clinton said Tuesday that the health care law should be changed if necessary to allow people to keep their health care plans that have been cancelled as a result of the implementation of Obamacare.

"I personally believe, even if it takes changing the law, the president should honor the commitment the federal government made to those people and let them keep what they got," Clinton told OZY TV. Clinton preceded his comments by saying that the country is better off with the Affordable Care Act.

The former president also recounted a story where a man he met had his individual plan canceled because of Obamacare, and his insurer offered a plan with twice the premiums, but his copays and deductibles were much lower.

Despite Clinton's tempering of the criticism directed at the health care rollout, Republicans seized on his comments as an admittance of Obama's failure to fulfill his frequently-stated promised that those who like their health care plan can keep it. The White House has not said either way whether the law should be changed to allow people to keep their individual insurance plans.

Consumers who have their insurance cancelled can shop for coverage in state or federal-run exchanges; however, the glitches with the Obamacare website have made that difficult for many. In addition, some insurers have used the Obamacare implementation to try to force people into their own, more expensive plans rather than let them know that they can shop on exchanges.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/12/bill-clinton-health-care_n_4260184.html?utm_hp_ref=politics
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Obamacare lies revealed: If you like your health care, you can't keep it  Empty Re: Obamacare lies revealed: If you like your health care, you can't keep it

Post  Outerlimits Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:42 pm

It is one thing for Republicans to criticize Obama an Obamacare, but now President Clinton says Obama should keep his promise, and let people keep their plans. Old Bill knows this is impossible, but this is a fine way to put the screws to his good buddy Obama.

It looks as though the united Democratic front on health care just got its first irreparable crack. This could get very ugly for Obama.

“I personally believe, even if it takes a change in the law, the president should honor the commitment the federal government made to those people and let them keep what they got,”
 From the proverbial horse’ mouth…or rear end depending on your ideology.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:05 pm

Hi outer. Fsh and I were getting lonely. Glad you chimed in. Hope you are right and this is an irreparable crack. Of course a lot of the Dem. Senators aren't happy either. They are coming up for election and are worried. Could it be Bill is worried about Hillary?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:07 pm

Outerlimits wrote:It looks as though the united Democratic front on health care just got its first irreparable crack. This could get very ugly for Obama.
In your dreams! Kentucky will lead the way and there is no turning back!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obamacare-buyers-young-female-pricey-172105005.html

How ironic that it's Mitch McConnell's home state, and his reelection chances are on the ropes!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Obamacare lies revealed: If you like your health care, you can't keep it  Empty Do you think this is good?

Post  fshnski Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:37 pm

From the crow's article ...

Experts told CNBC.com that they would be surprised if the federal government even matches Kentucky, much less surpasses it, in the level of detail in its enrollment data, given widespread expectations that very few people have actually enrolled in Obamacare insurance through the federal marketplace.

Federal authorities to date have refused to reveal that data since the Oct. 1 launch of the Obamacare marketplaces-even under pressure from Congress-and have not committed to breaking down the enrollment data to the extent Kentucky has.

The Wall Street Journal late Monday, citing two unnamed sources, said the federal government's marketplace has enrolled fewer than 50,000 people in private insurance since October, well below its initial target of 500,000 for just the month of October.

and more …

"Kentucky's exchange had enrolled a total of 40,572 people in new health coverage as of last Friday morning, with 33,561 of them enrolled in Medicaid, the joint federal-state insurance program for the poor. A total of 7,011 had enrolled in privately sold insurance through Kynect. "
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:47 pm

News Buzzard wrote:In your dreams! Kentucky will lead the way and there is no turning back!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obamacare-buyers-young-female-pricey-172105005.html

How ironic that it's Mitch McConnell's home state, and his reelection chances are on the ropes!
Thank you News Buzzard for posting this article.

I read this earlier today (in another form) as a liberal agenda success.

Glossed over by your article:

Kentucky's exchange had enrolled a total of 40,572 people in new health coverage as of last Friday morning, with 33,561 of them enrolled in Medicaid.  A total of 7,011 had enrolled in privately sold insurance through Kynect.  Of the 7,011 how many of them are subsidized?

By a margin of 5 to 1 more are signing up for Medicaid.  That is significant because projecting it out will add 3.6 million more to the Medicaid ranks by end of next year.

Where is that money going to come from?  

Kentucky went with the expanded Medicaid under Obamacare.  138% of FPL and assets are not counted anymore.   The new law also extends Medicaid to people who are not disabled, under 65, AND DO NOT HAVE KIDS. Many people do not realize that you could not get Medicaid in most circumstances unless you had minor dependents. I suspect that a large number of those who will be signing up are single adults without children who were previously ineligible.

These are mostly NEW Medicaid recipients.

You are happy roughly 2800 people young people have signed up for Obamacare while the country adds even more to it’s unfunded liabilities?

This is why the Clintons need to bash and demean now so they can be held blameless later.

This is just the start of political and very public rift between the Clintons and Obama.  The Clintons must distance themselves from Obama and Obamacare.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:54 pm

fshnski wrote:"Kentucky's exchange had enrolled a total of 40,572 people in new health coverage as of last Friday morning, with 33,561 of them enrolled in Medicaid, the joint federal-state insurance program for the poor. A total of 7,011 had enrolled in privately sold insurance through Kynect. "
That's right, and I can't wait to see the Republicans argue that poor people shouldn't be getting health insurance! Laughing Laughing That should be a real populist message!! Laughing Laughing 

The rollout is merely a speed bump in the big picture, just like the bumpy rollout of Romneycare and Medicare Part D. Once people realize what a good deal Obamacare is, there will be no turning back. There will be no more shutdowns or debt crises, and there will be no more grand bargains, like gutting Medicare and Social Security, and if the Republicans don't address Immigration Reform they may lose the House next year!!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:56 pm

I wish I knew where you get your herb. It's gotta be some ass kicking shit man.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:08 pm

I would also love to see the Republicans make the argument that seriously ill people shouldn't get health insurance! That will be another winner for them!! Laughing Laughing 

The Washington State website has signed up a large amount of people:

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/healthcarecheckup/2013/10/29/how-does-states-insurance-exchange-rate/

Do you guys seriously think that you'll be able to turn the clock back on Obamacare??? Very Happy
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:13 pm

Is your connection in town? That's some crazy stuff you've been thinking! Could it be schrooms? Far out ...
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:17 pm

I wonder how many of the 50 thousand "navigators" were part of the signup?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Fifty thousand have signed up! Uh, Oh … three million plus! have lost their insurance.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:43 pm

News Buzzard wrote:"...Do you guys seriously think that you'll be able to turn the clock back on Obamacare??? Very Happy
Thirty-nine Democrats are changing their minds today.

affraid 

News Buzzard wrote:"...The rollout is merely a speed bump in the big picture..."
Speed Bump?

drunken 

News Buzzard wrote:"...The Washington State website has signed up a large amount of people..."
News today:

"Said the president (shown) on Thursday, "I think it’s legitimate for Americans to expect me to have to win back some credibility. And, you know, that’s on me. I mean, we fumbled the rollout on this."

And then, using what the White House called the president’s “enforcement discretion,” the president said he would delay for one year the part of ObamaCare that requires all plans to meet stringent standards of coverage. He said he would “allow” state insurance commissioners to make the final determination in that proposed delay. Two hours later Washington State Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler rejected the Obama fumble fix:

I understand that many people are upset by the notices they have recently received from their health plans ... but I have serious concerns about how President Obama’s proposal would be implemented and, more significantly, its potential impact on the overall stability of our health insurance market.

I do not believe his proposal is a good deal for the state of Washington. We will not be allowing insurance companies to extend their policies.
—The New American
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:48 pm

Oy! What a mess. This is what we deserve for allowing this schmuck to be elected. Twice! Shame on every American that didn't vote.

If you didn't vote you allowed the least knowledgeable, the least productive, and the most burdening people to determine America's future.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:35 am

C'mon—give the President a break...

This is, after all, his first job!

pirat 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:23 am

I don't think anybody thinks that anybody that is seriously ill should not get insurance. And I certainly don't think that anybody who has health insurance should be able to be dropped by health insurance because they get seriously ill. However think about it this way, do you think you should never have to carry house insurance and then suddenly when your house catches on fire you can go out and get a policy and get it covered to pay for it. What does the word insurance mean? It means you pay in the expectation that all the money that is paid in will not be used and the company will make some kind of profit. Otherwise they wouldn't do it. It is a risk. And I don't like insurance companies any more than the next guy. I have paid a small fortune over the years in all kinds of insurance and have used very little of it, thank God, but I understand the theory. The Democrats don't seem to. And I don't expect them to be in business just to give me my health needs or my auto or home or business needs in the events that I need them. And I don't expect other taxpayers (through the government) to pay for losses that I might incur through health needs or other insurance needs either.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Obamacare lies revealed: If you like your health care, you can't keep it  Empty ...includes interactive map for rates...

Post  News Hawk Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:30 am

Forbes:

49-State Analysis: Obamacare To Increase Individual-Market Premiums By Average Of 41%

"...In the average state, Obamacare will increase underlying premiums by 41 percent. As we have long expected, the steepest hikes will be imposed on the healthy, the young, and the male. And Obamacare’s taxpayer-funded subsidies will primarily benefit those nearing retirement—people who, unlike the young, have had their whole lives to save for their health-care needs..."
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/11/04/49-state-analysis-obamacare-to-increase-individual-market-premiums-by-avg-of-41-subsidies-flow-to-elderly/
drunken 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:26 pm

What happened to what Obama and NB said that almost everybody's healthcare premiums were going to go down?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:56 pm

WHL wrote:What happened to what Obama and NB said that almost everybody's healthcare premiums were going to go down?
There is so much information and misinformation floating around out there, I don't know what to believe anymore. It's obvious that there are forces across the country who have put on a full court press to destroy Obamacare, but I believe the health law will survive and thrive. This is a Democracy, and the minority doesn't get to rule when they don't like something. They have to win elections to be successful. Healthcare insurance for our town employees is going up about 6% next year, and we've been finding out the last few years that the increases in premiums have been smaller, and I believe much of that is due to Obamacare. The long term vision of the law is to reduce the cost of healthcare in the USA, as we pay more than twice any other country in the world. The status quo, which the Republicans want to keep, is just unacceptable, and folks should look at the law's potential rather than the fact it has Obama's name on it!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:06 pm

BS alert! Where is the $2,500.00 savings on my insurance that obama promised.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:27 pm

The latest legislation to come out of the House, which will never see the light of day, is yet another attempt to gut Obamacare!

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1450257_655592184461377_1279199877_n.png
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Good.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Obamacare lies revealed: If you like your health care, you can't keep it  Empty DC official fired after criticizing Obama change

Post  fshnski Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:00 pm

WASHINGTON – The DC mayor fired his insurance commissioner the day after the official objected to President Obama’s move to delay health plan cancellations.

DC Insurance Commissioner William White got his walking papers Friday from a deputy to Mayor Vincent Gray, who told him the mayor “wants to go in a different direction.”

White told the Washington Post in Sunday’s edition that the timing couldn’t be ignored, although he said the deputy never mentioned his criticism of the president’s fix for the millions of people dropped from health plans because of ObamaCare.

White, who held the post for nearly three years, said that he was “basically being told, ‘Thanks, but no thanks.’”

Neither the mayor’s office nor the White House would answer questions about White’s termination.

A day earlier, White was one of the first insurance commissioners in the country to push back against Obama’s plan to let them decide how to revive health plans outlawed by ObamaCare.

He said it “undercuts the purpose of the exchanges … by creating exceptions that make it more difficult for them to operate.”

The National Association of Insurance Commissioners raised similar complaints.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/17/dc-official-fired-after-criticizing-obama-change/
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next